Pizza is a Vegetable Apparently (Yep)

Started by Frostee, 29-11-2011

Frostee

http://www.oregonlive.com/foodday/index.ssf/2011/11/table_talk_inside_the_pizza_is.html

QuoteAt the digital kitchen table, today's hot topics include reaction to lawmakers' attempts to have pizza classified as a vegetable in school lunches, plus how global climate change may push food prices higher.

The pizza brouhaha: Have you been following the most-recent food fight in Washington, D.C.? Members of Congress recently added language to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's annual appropriations bill, watering down the agency's efforts to improve school lunches. This created a loophole that allows the amount of tomato sauce contained in a pizza slice to qualify as a "serving" of vegetables. The Los Angeles Times offers an in-depth look at the whole controversy. Turns out the pizza scuffle wasn't the only change designed to help maintain the status quo. Lawmakers took steps to keep the USDA from limiting starchy foods like french fries in favor of a greater variety of green vegetables, as well as slowing reductions in the amount of sodium in school lunches.

N3gativezero

Whoever came up with that should be shot. Seriously, is it even legal to be that stupid?
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Spades_Neil

Old news is old.

I'm amused that this is a surprise to you, that the GOP Congress is this fucking retarded.

In other news, pepper spray is essentially a food product. *rolls eyes* Oh, and anxiety is good for you.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 29-11-2011

I'm amused that this is a surprise to you, that CONGRESS is this fucking retarded.

Fixed. Both parties are filled with fucking idiots. The only people who become politicians are those too incompetent to survive in the real private sector.

Corocan

Correction: This was agreed upon by the Super Congress (It's real I shit you not).

meetdadoom

Congress never declared Pizza as a vegetable. Congress declared tomato paste as a vegetable. The media is trying to hyperinflate the reality again.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Khorn

This news board needs to be renamed to "Was In the News"

Spades_Neil

Quote from: meetdadoom on 29-11-2011
Congress never declared Pizza as a vegetable. Congress declared tomato paste as a vegetable. The media is trying to hyperinflate the reality again.

Congress did declare that a slice of pizza was a serving of vegetables. It's just more fun to say that pizza is now a vegetable.

As you probably know, for one, tomatoes aren't vegetables. They are fruits. Two, there's plenty of other "good" stuff in pizza that makes us fatasses. The decision came along because congress wanted to justify not spending money on getting schools healthier lunches besides frozen pizza.

Silver Knight

Corn\Wheat = pizza dough (Veg? - Maybe)
Tomato = Tomato Puree (fruit\veg?)

Cheese, no. Ham no. So yeah...

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Overwatch

Ragolution

If you guys  really care, it's not that it IS a vegetable, just that it's classified as one. The Government is trying to spend as little money as posisble and doing this allows them to ignore the issue that Public School Lunches are basically the worst thing you could ever eat. French fries, pizza and a coke are astoundingly bad for you, especially when that pizza (somehow) has more salt than the fries.

Overwatch

The Lib-Dem collation implemented healthy lunches over here on the west coast of midland scotland :3
What a mistake.

We have to pay for our lunches ofc. And everyone just went "Wait a mo, your not selling what we want to eat? F*** you then."

Now at lunchtime, around 1500 Children leave school, Go to the local chippy and come back. Needless to say our school lost about 1/4 of It's budget, And the local chippy literally looks like a chippy version of a pimp-pad now.

Ragolution

Quote from: Overwatch on 30-11-2011
The Lib-Dem collation implemented healthy lunches over here on the west coast of midland scotland :3
What a mistake.

We have to pay for our lunches ofc. And everyone just went "Wait a mo, your not selling what we want to eat? F*** you then."

Now at lunchtime, around 1500 Children leave school, Go to the local chippy and come back. Needless to say our school lost about 1/4 of It's budget, And the local chippy literally looks like a chippy version of a pimp-pad now.

US FDA and USDA had planned to make lunchies healithier not just healthy. They weren't going to outright ban pizza (example) but if you look at the way pizza is prepared by the company that supplies a good chunk of Public Schools, there's an absurdly high salt content. Hold on, let me look up the data.

http://www.sodexousa.com/

Well. There used to be a big page full of nutritional information on this site, but I'm having issues finding it. Fuck.

Pizza bad.

EDIT: THERE IT IS!

http://www.besmart-eatsmart-livesmart.com/html/docs/smart_calories.pdf

Edit2: Jumped the gun. Fucking companies obscuring important information.

INA7HAN

It makes me laugh how guns can be aquired in some countries. Like that gun can be folded in half to fit under a jacket, good gun for people -.-

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

lolKieck

Pepper spray declared food because it has capsaicine in it. It's added to food by spicy flavor addicts.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Paintcheck

Quote from: INA7HAN on 30-11-2011
It makes me laugh how guns can be aquired in some countries. Like that gun can be folded in half to fit under a jacket, good gun for people -.-

It makes me laugh how guns can't be acquired in other countries and they can't figure out why violent crime rates are so much higher there.

GG Europe (at the risk of turning this into a gun rights debate).

In reality, the English approach has not re-duced violent crime. Instead it has left law-abiding citizens at the mercy of criminals who are confident that their victims have neither the means nor the legal right to resist them. Imitating this model would be a public safety disaster for the United States.

http://reason.com/archives/2002/11/01/gun-controls-twisted-outcome/singlepage

You know what they say, if you outlaw catapults only outlaws will have catapults.

But this should really be in the "Serious Debates" thread if someone really wants to argue that gun control does good (good luck supporting that).

Tom

I don't see why anyone would want to remove guns from citizens. I mean, hell it doesn't curb shit when it comes to crime, and bassically if you outlaw them people will find other ways to kill people, IE: Knifes, BLunt Objects, Beatings, Dixie Cups (Its possible).
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Frostee

Spades_Neil

I had a big helping of vegetables today from Dominos Pizza. Why am I such a fat fuck, then?

Trying to get back on topic... and failing.

Paintcheck

>0/10

Too late. Should have been your first post, then I probably would have lol'd.

Ragolution

Madcombat

Defiantly calls for a star wars stay on topic gif (STAY ON TARGET!)

Anyhow, why would your govenment try to make your population fat and unhealthy?

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Madcombat on 02-12-2011

They're not trying to make us fat. They're trying not to spend any money that would help us not be fat. No illuminati conspiracy here. :P

Ragolution

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 02-12-2011

They're not trying to make us fat. They're trying not to spend any money that would help us not be fat. No illuminati conspiracy here. :P

There is a jew money-saving conspiracy, though.

lolKieck

Quote from: Ragolution on 02-12-2011
Quote from: Spades_Neil on 02-12-2011

There is a jew money-saving conspiracy, though.
Jews control the world. I'm serious.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌