Osama Bin Laden Dead

Started by Otto, 01-05-2011

Otto

Google it, whatever, he's dead.

Still needs to be confirmed. Obama is about to go on TV.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/live?utm_s...paign=shorturl

http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/l...stream1&hpt=C1

http://www.livestation.com/channels/...azeera_english This one is actually streaming right now. Obama is late for is adress to the nation.

Apparently a US soldier killed Osama and we now have the body. Actually It may have been a bomb. In that case we have some burnt meat thats probably him.
    UPDATE: Al Jazeera is reporting he was killed a week ago in a drone strike killing 20 others.
    Obama confirmed in his speech that a team of US troops killed Osama in a firefight at his compound in Pakistan. No US personel were harmed and the US is in possession of Osama's body.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...den-dead-obama

QuoteOsama bin Laden, the criminal mastermind behind al-Qaida and the world's most sought-after terrorist since the attacks of 11 September 2001, has been killed by a US operation, President Barack Obama will announce late on Sunday night.

Osama's body is in possession of the US, having been killed in Pakistan as the result of a US special forces and CIA operation, according to the first leaks of reporting from the US television networks.

President Obama is to make a highly unusual Sunday night live statement to announce the news, around 11pm eastern time.

The news comes eight years to the day that President George Bush declared "Mission accomplished" in Iraq – but it is now the unlikely figure of Barack Obama is the commander in chief who announces the final triumph over the focus of so much international attention.

This is a turning point in the global "war on terrorism" that has been waged since 9/11 – and the news will reverberate around the world.

Shrapnel

When exactly was this announced?
In the event that i say something that falls under the following list:

Insulting, Irritating, Irrational, Confusing, Racist, Useless, or Incorrect

Please remember that i do double-check my post and mean everything i say unless said otherwise in the post itself.

Paintcheck

Just now. Check cnn.

Steven :D

Steven :D

Obama apparently goes live in like 2 hrs. Lets see what he has to say.

Shrapnel

Omfg, its true. I just flipped on the news..

Please remember that i do double-check my post and mean everything i say unless said otherwise in the post itself.

Ravanger

I seen it in my 4Chan community message lol.

Goose

Man i was sitting in a bar with some military buds, and we saw this, Shit went down... Big time, lot's and lot's of beer and shouting, Fun times.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

WOLVERINES!!!

God dammit you beat me to the posting of this. I was really looking forward to that. Well anyways I learned this while playing css and once I heard of this I hopped out of my chair and cried and danced while screeming "WE GOT THAT BITCH!"
Lamp oil

deluxulous

My dad kept saying "we got that sonofabitch." The op was carried out by a small force of Navy SEALs. USA mofuckas
Ps. Confirmed headshot :)))

Alkaline

My dad was a navy seal, and this makes me proud

Silver Knight

Edited ops message.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Visari

Woo! Finally that sob died!
funny gifs

Ravanger

Not like this makes a differnce Derp?

Visari

Quote from: Ravanger on 01-05-2011

Kind of right, but makes a difference for 9/11 victums. I'm pretty sure they have a backup leader.
funny gifs

lolKieck

He's kind of right, there are other terrorist groups other than Al-Qaeda.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Steel

Well, we better brace all our western arses, because all the cells that supported Osama are bound to carry out a form of pay back.

Archangel94

This is only one man, dont think this well make a big difference

Shrapnel

Its a blow to the Terrorists, Its a "fuck yes" moment for the 9/11 victims, the USA Military, And general public of US citizens, along with any race/ethnicity the terrorists have effected. Its also put the USA on alert because the terrorists might retaliate.

Its only a matter of time before they have a new leader or plan to attack. And think of this, If Osama Bin Laden was smart enough to hide from the USA Military and Iraqi Forces for 10 years, hes smart enough to have a backup plan in the event that he does die. Whether it be to make sure the terrorists keep fighting, or that someone takes his spot as leader. We wont know until something happens.

The people who carried out that operation have my greatest respect, they deserve the highest medals for their dedication to killing the man responsible for the deaths of over 3,000 innocent men, women, and children.

For those of you who are wondering, the names of the people in the Operation can NOT be reveled for 2 reasons. one: They are Navy SEALs, a highly secretive and well trained group of people, even there wives/Husbands don't know they are SEALs. And 2, the terrorist would have the names, putting the persons family and friends in serious danger. Nonetheless, these people are heroes to the world for killing Bin Laden.

Nova

Saw it in the news this morning. My reaction was something along this:

Knife_cz

Pics or it didnt happend.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Shrapnel on 02-05-2011

For those of you who are wondering, the names of the people in the Operation can NOT be reveled for 2 reasons. one: They are Navy SEALs, a highly secretive and well trained group of people, even there wives/Husbands don't know they are SEALs. And 2, the terrorist would have the names, putting the persons family and friends in serious danger. Nonetheless, these people are heroes to the world for killing Bin Laden.

It would be hard to be more melodramatic.

No one thinks this will suddenly end terrorism but it is a great morale boost and it is a devastating blow to them. Yes everyone knows Al Quada is going to have back up leaders and plans and shit but this is still an achievement and a testament to the tenacity of the US. No it won't singlehandedly end the war but it is also more than just killing 1 guy.

Silence)

Good riddance I say.

Shrapnel

Quote from: knife_cz on 02-05-2011
Pics or it didnt happend.

First, Take the time to spell correctly, please?

Second, The Media most likely wont be able to publish pictures of the body. The only way the government will allow people to see the corpse would be for governmental reasons, such as showing Iraq or Pakistan to prove hes dead. The official statement was that the soldiers have custody of the body, that should be good enough for now.

My personal opinion would be to hang him from the flag pole in front of the White House and set 24/7 live feed cameras up for the whole world to see. Then i would truly believe that hes dead.