Libya: UN backs action against Colonel Gaddafi

Started by Bielecki, 17-03-2011

deluxulous

Quote from: Goose on 20-03-2011
Thats what the cruise missiles were supposed to take out ;_; also no pictures at all?

Air defense targets, I think. So they can do airstrikes and stuff without getting shot down. Also makes it easier to establish a no-fly zone.

Cutch

They also pitted the runways so aircraft cannot take off. At least things that aren't VTOLs(which can be shot down pretty easily).

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

WOLVERINES!!!

Well how did I know this was inevitable. Well they dont stand a chance anyways. Give it a while and this will all blow over.
Lamp oil

Cutch

Quote from: WOLVERINES!!! on 21-03-2011
Well how did I know this was inevitable. Well they dont stand a chance anyways. Give it a while and this will all blow over.
Thats what they said about Iraq. Anyway, this'll shape the North African/Middle East region for decades depending on the outcome.

-Blake/Last Exile

Ragolution

The UN has called for a cease fire.

Since then, America, France and the UK have not ceased firing.

WOLVERINES!!!

Believe it or not this is the second war that the United States has had with Libya (Or just Tripoli as Tripoli might have been an independent city state at the time) It was called the first Barbary war as I believe if I remember my history correct. That was a U.S. war only not a coalition thing like this one.
Lamp oil

Goose

America, France, Canada and U.K didn't cease fire because he was massacring civilians, Also Canadian fighters blew up an Ammo cache today, ^.^
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Cutch

Quote from: Goose on 23-03-2011
America, France, Canada and U.K didn't cease fire because he was massacring civilians, Also Canadian fighters blew up an Ammo cache today, ^.^
Or was he? Zack Hemsey - Mind Heist (Inception Trailer music)

-Blake/Last Exile

Commissar Nitro

The cease fire was decladed by gadafies goverment not Nato, And he HASENT stopped, And Nato is targeting military forces that are attking civilians
Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War.

WOLVERINES!!!

CNN coverage today it showed rebels fighting Gaddafi trying to take over one of the citys I forgot wich one it was but they got down because while the reporter was reporting the city started bombing them. One of the rebels had a toy gun, Just shows how badly equipped they are. We also started bombing Gaza overnight. and Syria is rioting now just as Colbert said "Mess o' the whole potamia region!"
Lamp oil