Fancy Horse Makes Blizzard $2 Million in Four Hours

Started by Silver Knight, 18-04-2010

Silver Knight

QuoteThe Blizzard Pet Store is offering two new virtual pets to World of Warcraft players today, one of which has generated over $2 million in sales in its first four hours.

The "Celestial Steed" (right) is, according to its description on the Blizzard Store, "freshly born from the Twisting Nether" and allows players to "travel in style astride wings of pure elemental stardust."

More research is of course necessary but as of press time, it is widely believed that the Celestial Steed may be the fanciest horse ever born.

The fancy horse costs $25 and offers no new abilities to players, only riding as fast as a character's riding skill will enable it to go.

According to wow.com, the download queue as of 1:45 Pacific time was at 80,000. At $25 a pop, this means that this noble steed has generated sales of $2 million since its approximate debut at 9:30 this morning, or around $500,000 an hour.

1UP has reached out to Blizzard for commentary from the horse, and will report back if he is available.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178849

God fucking dam you kids, wasting money and making companies think DLC is "ok" what aload of b.s. DLC is not alright, it should be free, you should not need to pay for something you have already bought, it's bad enough with the monthly fee.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

jaik

Quote from: Last.Exile on 18-04-2010
God fucking dam you kids, wasting money and making companies think DLC is "ok" what aload of b.s. DLC is not alright, it should be free, you should not need to pay for something you have already bought, it's bad enough with the monthly fee.

agreed, you dont buy DLCs. They MUST be free.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Supercool

its not DLC, its an item in the game :<

Locke

Silver Knight

Quote from: Supercool on 18-04-2010

Which is a form of DLC.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

lolKieck

Quote from: Last.Exile on 18-04-2010
Quote from: Supercool on 18-04-2010

Which is a form of DLC.

Some DLC's are in form of "OH LETS CUT THE CONTENT AND PUT IT AS DLC. MOAR MONEY DIS WAI.". That's what pisses me off.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Steven :D

2 million dollars holy shit. I am fucking glad i have never tried, or will try WoW, it is SHIT!