Company of Heroes Online Lead developer killed.

Started by Silence), 08-09-2010

Silence)

Further information regarding the tragic death of Relic Entertainment's Brian R. Wood in an automobile accident Friday night reveals that the developer's final act saved the life of his wife and their unborn child.

As we reported yesterday, the lead designer on Company of Heroes Online was driving his Subaru Outback with his wife Erin of five years, pregnant with their first child, when they were struck by a speeding Chevy Blazer driven by 21 year-old Jordyn B. Weichert.

The 33-year-old developer was killed in the crash. His wife and their child survived the crash, thanks to Brian's last-minute sacrifice.

According to Erin Wood, she and the baby would not have survived the crash had Brian not swerved at the last minute, taking the brunt of the impact himself.
Full Story:
http://kotaku.com/5631947/company-of-heroes-dev-gave-his-life-to-save-his-family

Condolences for the family  :'(

Bl★ck Star

Sad to hear.

CoHO is pretty fun I play it often

but still sad to hear ...

Locke

Aw, I saw this on the news feed, that guy's a hero

lolKieck

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 02-10-2010
Aw, I saw this on the news feed, that guy's a hero

True that.
Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 02-10-2010
Sad to hear.

CoHO is pretty fun I play it often

but still sad to hear ...
Yeah, it's sad a decent game developer died (not as crappy, a good one) and you are late for about 2-3 weeks, or even 4.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Turkey

:'(

http://www.brianwoodmemorialtrust.com/
This is truly a sad thing. . . This means the series won't continues. His games where great, He's a hero for saving his wife.

Chaos

I would do the same. Life's too precious for people with great potential, potential that I don't really have, so yes I would risk my life to save them. And anyone who wouldn't protect a young pregnant woman is a coward, especiall if it's your spouse.