The Jalis

Started by INA7HAN, 03-07-2012

INA7HAN

The Jalis
The Jalis are an ancient and strong race dating back for generations. They are famous most notably for their strong and fierce warriors.

The Jalis people are made up of families which undertake different roles and only that role. Warrior families are made up of only warriors and their blood is pure warrior. Other roles include Blacksmithing families of pure blacksmith blood and Politic families of pure politic blood. This is so that their blood is pure and that they are the strongest they can be geneticly for that role. Women can be a warrior and just about any other role if she is born in the family

It is illegal for example a warrior to mate with a blacksmith as the blood becomes unpure and weaker. So far none have broken this rule.

The first King of the Jalis was Thalen a great Jalis warrior that waged a war on an area corrupted by demons, and after this war was over he made the first city Lelnar on the now purified land. Lelnar still stands today as it once was in the days of Thalen thanks to Jalis workers.

The Jalis are not religious in a way but they have faith and believe in Thalen and that he watches over them in Shal'kar the promised afterlife for thr Jalis people. Warriors believe in Shal'kar more than others as they believe they will go there if they die in battle which causes them to not be afriad of death.

Male warriors excel in close combat but are also good with a bow while female warriors excel with a bow and are good with swords. Both wear the light, flexable and durable Jalis warrior armour (Necro armour) It is said that the first bones used to make the armour where from demons slain in the great war and the cobwebs were taken from a great spider cave. The Jalis warrior motto which is spoken in the ancient Jalis launguage is "Calgren ci brelak figner fi ma pebner" which translates to Forever I shall fight for my beliefs. Jalis warriors would often say this when in a shrine as respect to Thalen

The Jalis army currently is 40,000 men and women strong with the other 60,000 Jalis doing various other roles. Nathan Jones is one of these warriors he set out to find people in need of his expertise in fighting. He hopes to one day return to his homeland and tell his people what he has learned, but for the time being he stays and aids the Swifts family and also the King

The Jalis have recently been fighting the goblin armies in their homeland, the goblins underestimated the Jalis warriors and most armies were driven back. The goblin armies retreating found their way to Caphori which is why there have been so many goblin attacks recently.

(Will do more later)

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Noidness

I believe this belongs in the faction section?

INA7HAN

Quote from: Noidness on 03-07-2012
I believe this belongs in the faction section?
It's not a faction it's a basic insight into the race Nathan originates from.

Syl

Beginning of race Subsection?

srgghostkilla

Quote from: Sxasxuxkxe on 03-07-2012
Beginning of race Subsection?
Great idea

Crow793

One person makes a race thread and you already want to make a subsection?

Redbark

MEH

Sticky thread for Character profiles section?

Dungeon_Lord

Why not just make a subsection for race where everyone can post every race ever imagined in Caphori. Not like that will get clogged. >.>
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

INA7HAN

Here is a good question. Did anyone actually enjoy reading this?

Dungeon_Lord

Did I enjoy this? No. Does it matter if I enjoy the creation of another? No.

Kamimaia

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 04-07-2012
Did I enjoy this? No. Does it matter if I enjoy the creation of another? No.

Then why... did you post? At all?

Dungeon_Lord

I don't know. Why does anyone post anything? Not always for dislike or like; sometimes it is for the sake of posting.

Crow793

Then that's called spamming, good sir. You're cluttering a thread with a useless point, which is getting in the way of people who might actually want to discuss the topic at hand. If you have nothing constructive to say, then you're indeed Spamming (Posting for the sake of posting), and you will likely suffer consequences if it gets out of hand.