Terraria Complaint thread: Got a problem? It goes here.

Started by Spades_Neil, 04-07-2012

Spades_Neil

I had to make a post about this on the Terraria forums to stop asking global mods for the password.

What exactly happens when someone gets their application accepted? I mean, don't you guys PM the password to the server right away to them? Or, do they have to wait a certain amount of time? Perhaps they are being punished for something?

I got another PM a few minutes ago from someone wanting the password.

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 04-07-2012
Quote from: Reginald on 04-07-2012
Since my application for terraria is accepted hence kindly provide me its pass.

No.

I might be a global mod but the focus of HGN is not Terraria so I don't know anything about Terraria or its password. You need to contact a Terraria mod.

As to why they don't just PM you the password when it gets accepted is absolutely beyond my knowledge.

Though fortunately this isn't happening as frequently as it used to. Just an innocent mistake maybe?

ThY

Not an innocent mistake sadly; i've recieved a PM from a "Regi3Australian" regarding the Terraria password, and about five others within the last two months. This is not a one off :(  - infact I made a thread a while ago instructing new applicants to only PM Terraria/Minecraft mods.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: ThY on 04-07-2012
Not an innocent mistake sadly; i've recieved a PM from a "Regi3Australian" regarding the Terraria password, and about five others within the last two months. This is not a one off :(  - infact I made a thread a while ago instructing new applicants to only PM Terraria/Minecraft mods.

Yes though what I do not understand is why don't the moderators accepting the application, while they are at it, simply send a PM to the person who was accepted containing the password?

Unless there's some sort of retarded password rotation that I cannot fathom the mechanics and complexities of--in which case my next question would be why such a complicated system.

ThY

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 04-07-2012

Yes though what I do not understand is why don't the moderators accepting the application, while they are at it, simply send a PM to the person who was accepted containing the password?

Unless there's some sort of retarded password rotation that I cannot fathom the mechanics and complexities of--in which case my next question would be why such a complicated system.
Chatting with le terraria mods now, one momento! Ill sf you

Syndraell

I thought I made it clear not to ask anyone but the Caphori Mods for the password.

Feel free to ban them for a week or two if they ask again.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Ragolution

instructing new applicants to only PM Terraria/Minecraft mods.

Why the fuck would we know the Terraria password? Don't make our life fucking harder for us.

Kamimaia

Quote from: Ragolution on 05-07-2012
instructing new applicants to only PM Terraria/Minecraft mods.

Why the fuck would we know the Terraria password? Don't make our life fucking harder for us.

We thought you guys were psychic, you know, with your ability to somehow always know when Caphori steals something from Aceon.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: James Almasy on 05-07-2012
I thought I made it clear not to ask anyone but the Caphori Mods for the password.

Because it's totally my job to ban players for admins being lazy....

No, I'm already a ban-Nazi. I'm not banning people because Terraria admins don't take initiative to PM the password. What's next? Making players approve their own apps?

Ragolution

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 05-07-2012
Making players approve their own apps?

I now have plans to implement that.

Silver Knight

Social groups > Players Get Added To Group By Moderator -> Can see up to date password.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Syndraell

Because it's totally my job to ban players for admins being lazy....

No, I'm already a ban-Nazi. I'm not banning people because Terraria admins don't take initiative to PM the password. What's next? Making players approve their own apps?

To me, having them PM the Mod who approved them for the password shows who really wants to be a part of Caphori.
Besides, plans are already in the works for updating our Current Applications. Mainly because it feels too easy for trolls/griefers to come through.

And i fucking love that avatar of yours. Just letting you know.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Spades_Neil

To me, having them PM the Mod who approved them for the password shows who really wants to be a part of Caphori.

No offense but to me that sounds like, "I just don't want to perform the mundane task of sending a copy/pasted message containing the password." Currently it's just causing problems.

I say that because it's an excuse I'd also make for the same underlying reason if I were feeling lazy in my own work. >_>

Steven :D

No offense but to me that sounds like, "I just don't want to perform the mundane task of sending a copy/pasted message containing the password." Currently it's just causing problems.

I say that because it's an excuse I'd also make for the same underlying reason if I were feeling lazy in my own work. >_>
I don't know why people go out of their way to ask people they shouldn't ask for the password, even though there is a list of people to message on the forums.  Its not my fault they decided to go ask the wrong person.

re:lazyness

Go ahead and search any sort of "Terraria Roleplay" in google, we obviously must be doing something right if we have links on page 1. It's not YOUR guys's job to run it, its my team that does it.

ThY

The fact HGN comes up after that search is nothing to do with individual server progress, I believe you're just one of a very small list of roleplay servers for Terraria which is correctly set up and organised.

Quote from: ThY on 06-07-2012
The fact HGN comes up after that search is nothing to do with individual server progress, I believe you're just one of a very small list of roleplay servers for Terraria which is correctly set up and organised.
then why change if our system works.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Steven :D on 06-07-2012
then why change if our system works.

Because it doesn't actually work?

You're spending more time an effort defending your laziness than it would take to just send the bloody PM or invite the people to a group. But hey, if you want us to ban everyone who asks about Terraria's password because you want to make them do the work that's fine too.

I never asked you to ban anyone, that was your guys's own idea. What I did say though is that they have to be really something to not be able to follow simple instructions. We'll revise the system at a later date possibly.

Spades_Neil

I never asked you to ban anyone, that was your guys's own idea. What I did say though is that they have to be really something to not be able to follow simple instructions. We'll revise the system at a later date possibly.

Wasn't my idea, but it's one way of dealing with it. Please do revise the system. It is NOT the players' responsibility to PM for the password.

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 06-07-2012

Wasn't my idea, but it's one way of dealing with it. Please do revise the system. It is NOT the players' responsibility to PM for the password.
Says who exactly and when?

Ragolution

You're all retarded.

Why the FUCK can't the person who approves the app PM them the password?

IT SOLVES EVERYTHING AND TAKES ALL OF FIVE FUCKING SECONDS AND PRE-COMPILED COPY-PASTED MESSAGE.

ThY

Quote from: Ragolution on 06-07-2012
You're all retarded.

IT SOLVES EVERYTHING AND TAKES ALL OF FIVE FUCKING SECONDS AND PRE-COMPILED COPY-PASTED MESSAGE.
This is what we proposed
Quote from: Spades_Neil on 06-07-2012

Says who exactly and when?
Only says ThY, Spades, and a majority of your admins and a few of your playerbase. NO BIG DEAL AT ALL

Ragolution

You're all retarded.

This is what we proposed

THEN WHY IS THIS STILL AN OPEN TOPIC
HOLY FUCK STEVEN GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS.

AND BEFORE YOU SAY

"PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO READ A MESSAGE SHOULDN'T BE IN TERRARIA"

THEN YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

THAT'S THE POINT OF APPLICATIONS YOU FUCK.

Spades_Neil

You're all retarded.

I love you sometimes, Rag.

This is exactly what I'm trying to say.

Ragolution