Starting to build :)

Started by Arcanus, 15-07-2011

Arcanus

I have allready made an little NPC castle (The guide, nurse and merchant allready moved in)

Steven :D

Very nice, starting homes for rent (a possibility) is a great way to roleplay as well, if you have the materials to do so.

CAMaera

when i get on, i'll rent a room. Until i make my uber awesome epically hidden cave that leads to a underground home :3

Hyperionwolf

Yeah, its getting very nice (altho I really prefer indoors stairs)

Im making myself some sort of bunker, and probably will take some pictures to show here.

UknowMe

I was actually thinking of making an Inn somewhere out of the borders of the town. Where people could get together, pick up some quests. Make like five rooms where people can stay for the night. If anyone else is interested in helping, contact me.

JohnieG

Ehhh... Its too big and solid looking imo. It has good potential, but it just looks like a big box. Way too much room even for future development. Unless you fill it all with junk it'll always look empty.

CAMaera

@Unknowme: i already kinda made that, sorry. The quest board is open to anyone though, and if you want to rent a room its only like 1 silver a realtime day. I also have a pub, assembly, courtroom....basically everything.

Kamimaia

Competition is the backbone of the market. Why shouldn't there be two pubs?

UknowMe

Quote from: max0596 on 02-08-2011
@Unknowme: i already kinda made that, sorry. The quest board is open to anyone though, and if you want to rent a room its only like 1 silver a realtime day. I also have a pub, assembly, courtroom....basically everything.

But that's inside the spawn town. I'm thinking of making one somewhere a bit away from there.

CAMaera

but there would still be no point to having two QUEST BOARDS, as mine is open to everyone and in the middle of the world, so people usually run through anyway.  I'm not arguing that you cant make an inn or a pub, im saying it would be a waste of time to make another quest board.

Kamimaia

Actually, it isn't a waste of time, because other people might make one for their own quests. No one *has* to use your ideas, Kain.

CAMaera

Quote from: Kamimaia on 02-08-2011
Actually, it isn't a waste of time, because other people might make one for their own quests. No one *has* to use your ideas, Kain.
I know, that was both short-sighted and selfish of me. Sorry.

Velspera

I think having more than one quest board makes sense.  1) Not everyone is at the center of the map all the time.  2) Each quest board could have different quests with different rewards, giving people a reason to venture out from the center of the map instead of just staying where it is safe, and having a better chance of finding more mines to explore.  3) Each questgiver is going to have a different idea of what kind of quest they want to offer in the first place.

And 4) Some people just don't want to use the same quest board as others. :P  I know -I- like to be stubborn and different and would prefer my own.
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Souless Dark

Quote from: Velspera on 03-08-2011
2) Each quest board could have different quests with different rewards, giving people a reason to venture out from the center of the map instead of just staying where it is safe, and having a better chance of finding more mines to explore.

The idea of regional quests is actually a really good one. I especially like things like that if they hold some type of theme, like certain biomes related to the Quest Boards in question, or certain types of quests (fetch, gather, etc.) related to a certain Quest Boards, though it would be annoying to have to go to a specific Quest Board to give a certain quest, so it might not be the best idea to make "Themed" Quest Boards, but having multiple Quest Boards is definitely a great idea.