Recent String of Problems

Started by CAMaera, 09-11-2012

CAMaera

So I log in today, after adventuring with Valken Oosterheim last night and setting my spawn to the boat due to laziness. So I have to traverse basically the whole map. What I saw on my way there;

-Doors torn from houses
-'Loot Chest' completely gutted.
-Crypt-thing broken into
-"no protection" sign taken
-That one Gold grave, broken, with a sign that reads "this grave has recenlt been disturbed" beside it.(actual spelling)
-Meteors EVERYWHERE(There were two when I was on last, now there are some more.)
-Reckless mining EVERYWHERE, ex. 'Can't climb the mountain, so cut a hole through it'

So here's what I did.

-Left doors, I had no Wood.
-Put some stuff in the Loot Chest.
-Sealed the crypt with Meteorite.
-Again, didn't have Wood for a sign, but I'll fix that too.
-I didn't know if the person who broke the grave was actually doing it IC or for an actual reason, so left it.
-Starting to mine the damn things and repairing the landscape.
-Cleaning up crappy mining jobs too.

In the meantime, when you guys get on, I want you to be on the lookout for three things;

-Someone with many items you get from Shadow Orbs.
-Meteors, please try and mine them so people with a lower tier of gear can go past.
-Anyone new. All these things happened in the last twelve hours, so that might be a clue as to who it is also.

I hope none of you decided to mine those Shadow Orbs, I know Valken had bad judgement and did a few, but he said he did it because he felt that it would be impossible to get the items otherwise, due to someone mining a bunch of Orbs.

Acaelius

I did the group of orbs in the corruption by the dungeon ages ago but haven't done any recently unless you count the three I found like right next to each other way far underground two days ago (they had no way of even getting close without mining and all three where literally a few blocks from each other) but I sold the loot that wasn't worth it and kept the one the was for a future RP usage (it was two muskets and a mana ring thingy) but in summary, sorry if any of the recent meteorites in the past 48 hours were my fault

CAMaera

Don't farm for crap that you don't need, or even look for it/take it. The stuff you sold, people can't even get in 'legit' gameplay now. It's called gear whoring. You don't need duplicates.

Acaelius

I wasn't going for the gear seriously at my point in game that stuff is shit, I was trying to get some shadow scales but that worm never spawns for me no matter what

-This will keep the thread uncluttered, and save on space. I'm pretty sure you know full well that bosses don't spawn on the server. I'm easily 100% sure you've used an eye before in hopes of spawning one. Bottom line; You want a boss, have a good reason for wanting it IC, and ask an Operator/Mod to spawn it for you. There are no loopholes, that's the only way to do it. What you did resulted in item-whoring, and destroyed landscape in some places.