No More Fortunes

Started by Nintendo64Dude, 27-06-2012

Nintendo64Dude

So, apparently, we are forced into making new characters for the new Caphori world (If we can even call it Caphori anymore). So, all the characters I've come to know and love were torn to pieces and every piece, thrown into a fire. Now, I WOULD join back up again...but Caphori simply just does not sound FUN anymore. Tristram never found his Father and Kari never met the secret love of her life. All that could have been a wonderful story, was spit on, had several pages ripped out, and stomped on a few times at that. This is Luke William, aka N64 Dude, signing out, for good. So long, suckers.

Kristinia DeBarge - Goodbye

P.S. I drank all the mayonnaise
~ТЯłSТЯΛM~ & ~ҠΛЯł~

Kamimaia

Do you really feel so self-important that you need to say that twice?

You know, for someone who uses 'the spirits' as a means of metagaming whenever you can get away with it (as I remember you), you're being so blindly uninventive when you say that such stories can never be completed. One notable example, played by a MOD (Who are SUPPOSED to be examples), includes Leonardo- afaik, Leonardo's the same King from the last iteration of Caphori (MCreek), sent to sleep in the vault. In a way, its kinda what the vault is THERE for. Yes, its a thousand years later. But that only means all the gear goes. The new lore is in place to solidify the change of the new map, not to force people to abandon their characters entirely.

Throwing up your hands and saying 'EVERYTHING IS CHANGED ARMAGEDDON HAS COME EVERYTHING IS BEES KTHXBYE' does not make it so by default, nor does it make us wish to keep you.

Crow793

As noted several times in several threads, you don't lose your character, you just have to restart with no items and 100 hp. You can still be Tristram...albeit a 1000 year old Tristram at that. (Which is possible, Leo is 1000 years old now.)

Nintendo64Dude

I'll miss you too Kami.
~ТЯłSТЯΛM~ & ~ҠΛЯł~

Kamimaia

Yeah, I'm sure. Oh hey! You won't mind if we never give the pass to you again, will you? Since you're gone for good and all.

Crow793

Dude, if you can't embrace change when the server seriously needed change, then we don't even want you here. Players who get butthurt over attempts to make the server better just ruin the experience for others.

Nintendo64Dude

Define "We". I want names.
~ТЯłSТЯΛM~ & ~ҠΛЯł~

Kamimaia

* Kamimaia raises hand.

RoyRoger05

-Raiseshand-

Also; you can be banned for all the BS I let you get away with when I was a mod.  Like using a terraria glitch to get out of OOC jail for power gaming and refusing to listen.

Noidness

I'm staying neutral.

Ragolution

Quote from: Kamimaia on 27-06-2012
* Kamimaia raises hand.

Put your hand down, Kami.

Now, assuming you're someone of sound mind and, at the very least, a Caphori player. So come with me, on a journey through logic as I take the guise of your "Ghost of Caphori Present", Ebeneezer64. Take my hand and I shall guide you through what train of thought you seem to have.

Now there's this imaginative idea called utilitarianism. The most concise definition I can give you for this is "The needs of the many." If you're not familiar with how America works, as many of our European members aren't, I'll be glad to tell you Utilitarianism is a component of Democracy, which is what HGN displays itself as. (It really isn't but that doesn't matter, in this case.) You, my freind, are disregarding a poll that you apparently lost and are having seizures about.

Now remind me, what option won in the poll?

Wipe the character pool?

Not to be "That Guy" but I FORCIBLY wipe the Aceon character pool every couple of months. My players whine but eventually they get over it. Do you know why I do it? It's because my players get stuck in ruts. Playing the same character over and over and over makes your creativity dry up. The same character, every time all the time. Never anything original.

I wipe the character pool to make people be creative. How creative can someone be RPing the same person for about three months? Seriously.

You may think I'm misguided but this is another Caphori has stolen from me even if they've taken 100% longer to do so. They're purging the playership of uncreative people who refuse change.

If you guys remember RanmaChan/Arthy, you'll remember he was SUPER FUCKING DUPER obsessed with a single character named Quin'tasin. Seriously. Even, six years ago, back when we played Warcraft 3, he would name all of his characters "Quin'Tasin" I asked him why he did it and he never told me why. Eventually he made a 'new' character with a different name. He eventually told me that this new character was a corpse possessed by Quin'tasin's soul (as I had finally fucking killed his character.) and that he would eventually take over the body and make it look like his original.

What I'm trying to say here is: If you don't like what change, you're free to leave but no one, not me, not Caphori, not Aceon and  certainly not Kami want to witness your disgusting ragepost as you walk out the door.

If you want to leave, leave but don't make us think we're "Missing out" just because you're acting like a petulant child who either can't come up with a new character concept or is so attached to the old one he's throwing hissy fits and acting like someone stole his goddamn lollipop.

In Short; Grow The Fuck Up

I know Caphori is full of goddamn twelve year olds but you, sir, take the 12th Birthday Cake, hide it in your room and stuff it in your toy box.

Knowing that Caphori is purged of you is knowing that Terraria takes one step closer to being a better community.

Kamimaia

Thank you, Rags.

Also: You do realize we're not stealing from you, right? Yes, the ideas might damn well be the exact same- I haven't looked- but afaik, no one's gone into Aceon's rules/threads and gone 'That. We need that, and that, and that'. It makes it hard to tell if you're for or against our improvements. XD

Khyris

Quote from: Nintendo64Dude on 27-06-2012
Now, I WOULD join back up again...but Caphori simply just does not sound FUN anymore.
Well now that's a shame. In my opinion the new map, the new characters (i mean personally i didn't like seeing people flying about with wings as such) and the huge difficulty curve on the dungeons and pretty much everything else has made Caphori even more enjoyable for myself.

So I guess I'll be raising my hand if i ain't late on doing so.
Iseyu Characters: Alicia Saphoe

Velspera

Considering how childish he's being: Good riddance.

Everything Ragolution has said is absolutely true.  Playing the same character over and over again is much like living everyday life, and you know boring THAT gets.  It's one of the main reasons people start roleplaying in the first place.
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

JRParadox

Pointless thread is pointless, he's said goodbye on the LOA thread and nothing good has or will come from this thread other than we now know Rag ain't that bad, in my opinion lock this thread as all that will happen is N64 will get more pissed and we'll do more back patting of ourselves, it can stand here as a testiment to show how NOT to leave.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?
Rag > This is so serious you don't understand.

Ragolution

Quote from: Kamimaia on 27-06-2012
It makes it hard to tell if you're for or against our improvements. XD

Good.

Quote from: Velspera on 27-06-2012
Considering how childish he's being: Good riddance.

Everything Ragolution has said is absolutely true.  Playing the same character over and over again is much like living everyday life, and you know boring THAT gets.  It's one of the main reasons people start roleplaying in the first place.

That wasn't my point at all. My point is creativity is the life-blood of RP and playing the same character 100 times in a month makes your creativity lie undisturbed. People who don't want to change their characters THIS BADLY are most definitely autistic. High-functioning? Maybe. But still autistic.