New Rule

Started by ThY, 04-07-2012

ThY

Just a new rule, for a trial period to see if this makes things easier for new players.

Terraria staff who accept an application for the Terraria server password, must PM the player on the forum with the password asap.   It is no longer the players responsibility to surf through names, throwing PM's all over the place untill the password is returned.

A player however, would need to PM an admin if there has been a password change, but they would know who to PM.

I would recommend nominating one staff member to be an application checker, and it shall be his/her job to send the password to those they have accepted and reply to queries regarding said password. - but that is down to Steven & James to decide.

This rule is in a trial period and will be revoked if it does not work well. It is up to the terraria staff on how to enforce and make this new rule known, we do like to give you some independence as a team

Kamimaia

A: Won't approve everyone, B: Doesn't mind doing it, and C: is active.

This is the criteria for someone to be the appchecker. Anyone who believes they fit these, please speak up.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Kamimaia on 04-07-2012
A: Won't approve everyone, B: Doesn't mind doing it, and C: is active.

You've lost me. Nevermind. This still doesn't make sense.

Kamimaia

I hit 'post' before I was finished.

Steven :D

you guys do it then (spades/thy) have fun

Spades_Neil

Terraria isn't our department.

Seriously, how hard is it? Who accepts the apps? Just send a PM. Why is it the players' responsibility? And if it's not, why do non-Terraria moderators keep getting PMs about it?

Ragolution

Wasn't there an official policy change where the Admin who approved the app had to PM the password?

(Yes, there was.)

Kamimaia

Steven, please, for the love of god, don't start shit. It *is* partially MY fault, because I'm lazy as fuck with PM's. If ANYONE is gonna start shit, it'll be me. That being said, statements on the past nature of how policies have or haven't been is neither here nor there. We needed the kick in the pants, we already had it, now lets get back to doing productive things.

Ragolution

ThY

Quote from: Steven :D on 04-07-2012
The terraria administration team is far, far below expected standards and stevens attitude demonstrates why. Stop being lazy, all of you. Or say goodbye to your positions. If you don't want to do your job and sort out Terraria, and pass it on to someone else (steven), then resign. If not, do what is expected of you. PMing who you accept with the password is less than a 40 second job. You all have the skill to run Terraria perfectly, but sadly the majority of you are just too damn lazy.

Infact, I would support a complete re-haul of the Caphori Supervisor roster based on acvitity I have (not) seen.

I apologise to the small minority who are active and do their job such as Kamimaia and Vel.

Sorry if this seems too ragey or anything, just woke up - really groggy :c

Steven :D

Quote from: ThY on 05-07-2012
The terraria administration team is far, far below expected standards and stevens attitude demonstrates why. Stop being lazy, all of you. Or say goodbye to your positions. If you don't want to do your job and sort out Terraria, and pass it on to someone else (steven), then resign. If not, do what is expected of you. PMing who you accept with the password is less than a 40 second job. You all have the skill to run Terraria perfectly, but sadly the majority of you are just too damn lazy.

Infact, I would support a complete re-haul of the Caphori Supervisor roster based on acvitity I have (not) seen.

I apologise to the small minority who are active and do their job such as Kamimaia and Vel.

too ragey. Anyways,
QuoteThe terraria administration team is far, far below expected standards and stevens attitude demonstrates why.
This isn't your department.

QuoteIf you don't want to do your job and sort out Terraria, and pass it on to someone else (steven), then resign.
I've been here from the start and I plan on staying, kthanksbai

QuoteInfact, I would support a complete re-haul of the Caphori Supervisor roster based on acvitity I have (not) seen.
I've never seen you on the server after the first week of Caphori's opening, if you really cared then you would have shown it by actually playing. Even though I don't play as much (if at all) I still continue to help out and maintain the server's integrity.

QuoteYou all have the skill to run Terraria perfectly
Which is why this is the current mod team

Quotebut sadly the majority of you are just too damn lazy.
Uncalled for, but true for some people.

running on shitty connection, would have wrote more but unpredictable internet.

ThY

Steven,
a) The forum is my department. This is a forum issue. - and it has been reported to you lot over four times, nothing has been done. But, if it isn't my department - why do many of us recieve roughly 3 PM's per month?
b) I've been Rping on terraria for the last week. I have also been asking the playerbase about the problems it has. You came up too much; but as you said - you don't plan on leaving.
c) Your playerbase & three of your administration team admit you, -and- some staff are too lazy.

Get to grips with your server and ask them what's wrong rather than assume everything is okay because you're incharge. Be realistic and address problems rather tell us to do them. I'm more aware of serverside issues than both the supervisors.

However, this isn't the issue I raised. Is it? Just try prevent these password PM's coming our way. Fifth time lucky.

edit; You know what, I give up. Anyone who PM's me for the password will be banned for three weeks.
Quote from: James Almasy on 05-07-2012
I thought I made it clear not to ask anyone but the Caphori Mods for the password.
Feel free to ban them for a week or two if they ask again.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: ThY on 06-07-2012
edit; You know what, I give up. Anyone who PM's me for the password will be banned for three weeks.
I thought I made it clear not to ask anyone but the Caphori Mods for the password.

Gee, I can see that ending well.

inb4 dead Terraria due to everyone banned. Whatever, I'll warm up the banhammer.

ThY

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 06-07-2012
Quote from: ThY on 06-07-2012

Gee, I can see that ending well.

inb4 dead Terraria due to everyone banned. Whatever, I'll warm up the banhammer.
Sending the PM's would have been so much easier ;_;. Ughngfnhgnhngndfg

Kamimaia

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for this. Yes, Steven's being a cock- but I for one am definitely gonna make a better effort to remember sending the PM's out immediately after approval. Banning those who ask ANYWAY is perfectly fine- but I'm going to at least make sure people don't do it just because they don't know who they need to PM.

Kamimaia

Also.

Quote from: Steven :D on 06-07-2012
Quote from: ThY on 05-07-2012

too ragey -Or accurate, you mean?. Anyways,
QuoteThe terraria administration team is far, far below expected standards and stevens attitude demonstrates why.
This isn't your department -Technically, he's got permissions to be wherever he wants to be.

QuoteIf you don't want to do your job and sort out Terraria, and pass it on to someone else (steven), then resign.
I've been here from the start and I plan on staying, kthanksbai -Then shape up.

QuoteInfact, I would support a complete re-haul of the Caphori Supervisor roster based on acvitity I have (not) seen.
I've never seen you on the server -Pot, Kettle, Black. after the first week of Caphori's opening, if you really cared then you would have shown it by actually playing -Pot? Kettle? Black. Even though I don't play as much (if at all) I still continue to help out and maintain the server's integrity -Yes, you were there to talk plugins with me during the reboot. That... was once? In all the time I've been here?.

QuoteYou all have the skill to run Terraria perfectly
Which is why this is the current mod team -Note: Mod team, not Supervisor team.

Quotebut sadly the majority of you are just too damn lazy.
Uncalled for, but true for some people -Pot! Kettle! BLAAAAACK!.

running on shitty connection, would have wrote more but unpredictable internet.