New Application ideas thread.

Started by Syndraell, 15-07-2012

Syndraell

Due to our recent griefing freeloaders, we're going to try to remake the application process. the "old man with a scroll" has been too easy, i guess.

Old Application:
[b]Roleplay Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Players you already know on the on the server:[/b]

[b]Previous roleplay experience:[/b]

[b]What servers you play on:[/b]

[b]Why would you like to join our server:[/b]

[b]Have you read the rules thread?:[/b]

[b]Do you agree to follow the rules?:[/b]

[b]A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RP It.):[/b]

New Suggested App:[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Roleplay Name:[/b]

[b]Players you already know on the on the server:[/b]

[b]Previous roleplay experience:[/b]

[b]What servers have you played on, and how long:[/b]

[b]Why would you like to join our server:[/b]

[b]Have you read the "Rules and Regulations" thread?:[/b]

[b]Do you agree to follow the rules?:[/b]

[b]Will you agree to a One week probation Period?:[/b]

[b]ROLEPLAYING QUESTIONNAIRE[/b]

[b]You wake up in the middle of a strange forest.
You have no tools or weapons; all you have are the clothes on your back.
What would be your first course of action?(RP it.):[/b]

[b]Things have looked up for you after a few days of survival.
A old man in a wagon offers to give you a lift towards Civilization.
He does look troubled, as it seems that bandits have been around this area.
Would you travel with this man?(RP it.)[/b]

[b]After a few hours of traveling,
bandits appear and demand you and the man give them 10 coins each as a tax to pass.
The man gives them his coins, the bandits now look at you. What do you do?(RP it.):[/b]

[b] You have finally made it to Civilization!
However, you have no money in your possession; and to make matters worse, you're very hungry.
So you make your way to the marketplace.
What action(s) would you take?(RP it.)[/b]

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Tratosian

I think that none of the questions in the roleplay questionnaire should be related; It would be a good idea to put the roleplayer in many different contexts instead of one. Going through multiple themes and ages. Perhaps one question that would be related to the roleplayer's arrival to caphoria (Making an example with the old man & scroll question: You take scroll, use it, something happens, arrived in caphoria.)
"The world may be so chaotic and confused, but I have learned to deal with it." - The Lone Raider

Syndraell

Quote from: Tratosian on 15-07-2012
I think that none of the questions in the roleplay questionnaire should be related; It would be a good idea to put the roleplayer in many different contexts instead of one. Going through multiple themes and ages. Perhaps one question that would be related to the roleplayer's arrival to caphoria (Making an example with the old man & scroll question: You take scroll, use it, something happens, arrived in caphoria.)

I'm trying this out as a Linear style of Roleplay. So far, it is Merely a Suggestion.

INA7HAN

You need to say in the questionnaire Roleplay it?

{Added}

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Knife_cz

Add Roleplay Age and Real life Age.
I seen some people questioning it. (And even I would be confused)

Tratosian

Quote from: knife_cz on 15-07-2012
Add Roleplay Age and Real life Age.
I seen some people questioning it. (And even I would be confused)

I must agree on this one. I don't think we would need to put 'roleplay age' though (since character profiles are made for that), just specify 'real age'.
"The world may be so chaotic and confused, but I have learned to deal with it." - The Lone Raider

Dungeon_Lord

The application (The new one) looks good, but I don't know how that will stop dedicated trolls. Other then that most of the bad trolls on this are people who joined and end up breaking rules and get put on probation.

Also character age really isn't needed. That seems silly for a application to join the server. Maybe make them give like a paragraph of backstory on their character. That can often show a lot of someone other then just how they roleplay.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 15-07-2012
Also character age really isn't needed. That seems silly for a application to join the server. Maybe make them give like a paragraph of backstory on their character. That can often show a lot of someone other then just how they roleplay.
True, it is not needed. Let there be only 'Age', people will write 34 and then you will ask 'But you told me you are 14?' 'Yes I am, I thought the age on application was for character?'.
/sarcasm.
No, really. It is needed.

Tom

I don't get the point of asking about Age.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Khyris

Quote from: knife_cz on 15-07-2012
True, it is not needed. Let there be only 'Age', people will write 34 and then you will ask 'But you told me you are 14?' 'Yes I am, I thought the age on application was for character?'.
/sarcasm.
No, really. It is needed.
This.
Plus if we're given the RP age of the character we can create a mental image of what the person would look like before us ingame, imagine that two people engaged in RPing and let's say Person A has a character that might be something like 70 years old but Person B assumes his character is roughly in his 30s and because of that Person B might treat Person A's character as the same as he would treat anyone else that happen to be in his 30s. But then say what if 2 days later Person B finally finds out that Person A is RPing as an old man who doesn't appear to be the healthiest condition he could be in, wouldn't it kinda mess up on the RP sense that Person B's character suddenly changes how he treats this old man?

All we're asking is for a simple 2 (or 3+ if you're like an elf or something) digit number in someone application, it ain't that hard to put some random number down at least.
Iseyu Characters: Alicia Saphoe

Dungeon_Lord

Isn't that why we have character profiles and that thing called OOC chat in game?

Khyris

But has everyone made a character profile that tells us these details and will everyone be around to see what goes on in OOC chat, if people can go though the effort to make a profile then why can't we just have a simple number added into their application?

Iseyu Characters: Alicia Saphoe

Knife_cz

Quote from: Khyris on 15-07-2012
But has everyone made a character profile that tells us these details and will everyone be around to see what goes on in OOC chat, if people can go though the effort to make a profile then why can't we just have a simple number added into their application?

Thank you for explaining it, instead of me.

Dungeon_Lord

I'd continue to ask questions, but I don't feel like the answers I'd be getting would really clarify the logic in it.

Noidness

Lengthier application isn't going to stop griefers. They can, and will go through it.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Noidness on 16-07-2012
Lengthier application isn't going to stop griefers. They can, and will go through it.
Yes so griefers will get through but if it's longer then it will get rid of the people without patience. If you have a really long questionnaire etc a griefer isn't going to sit there for 20mins or so doing this app just to get banned after causing the damage.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Noidness

you don't get it. They WILL. That's their point of doing. They want to grief. They will take the patience to do it just to piss us off. Also, Lazy People =/= Griefers. It will only stop a few of them.

Syndraell

going to turn off the register system.

Dungeon_Lord

Noidness is completely correct. A Griefer will grief the server even if there is a month wait to get on or to do anything on the server. So far most of the griefers we've had aren't actually griefers they're just pissy people who have bad reasons for doing what they think is reasonable.

Syl

I do like the idea of a better app, but I really agree with Thy, we really just need more active mods...

Noidness

I don't think it's an option for some of our mods to be more active, you might need to add to the moderating team as well. Just my opinion.

Noidness

Btw, on the topic of apps, you guys haven't accepted the latest couple. Which could help rejuvinate the server, or bring in more griefers. But still. It's killing the server even more probably.

Syndraell

Quote from: Noidness on 16-07-2012
Btw, on the topic of apps, you guys haven't accepted the latest couple. Which could help rejuvinate the server, or bring in more griefers. But still. It's killing the server even more probably.

kami approves the apps.

Kamimaia

And I, due to unforseen circumstances, am not home yet. When I am, they'll get checked.

Tom

I'm home from my job. However steam sales have me occupied, I will pop on more often.

Edit: Longer apps only stop people like me.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22