Griefed, yet again.

Started by Crow793, 14-07-2012

Crow793

Server is griefed. Big, this time. The spawn has been covered in Adamantite and is still protected, so there's no way of getting out. And even my character K'Avar's bed is missing, so it's nerfed big time. However all i could see were the ruins of the castle.

ThY

Just went on to see what's happened, here's a screenshot of a portion of the wreck:

Seriously, is there no logging system Terraria can get? A simple who spawns what would be perfect

I'm going to be on the server all day now, keeping an eye. I'll be having someone be on when i'm asleep too.

Crow793

We managed to claw out of the adamantite thanks to Thy. The damage is actually not severe, but it's server-wide.

Syndraell

Still means we've got an idiot on the loose. If i could, i'd plug up my other Pc, and leave terraria on Caphori with fraps or something.

Like a security camera.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Kamimaia

Goddammit, and I'm in no position to help this time around. Today and tomorrow I'm at my dad's- sorry guys.

Syndraell

that one week probationary period is starting to sound better and better, isn't it?

Edit, just banned a guy called denis.

In retrospect, if someone tries to log in and isn't on the whitelist/contacted an admin for a new character...

I'm Banning them Immediately. By doing so, I'm hoping that we can cut down on random people trying to get into the server.

Noidness

The probationary period, they could still wait and RP and such and then grief the server after.

Steven :D

Quote from: Noidness on 14-07-2012
The probationary period, they could still wait and RP and such and then grief the server after.
Maybe if they actually roleplayed, they wouldn't feel like griefing the server after the probationary period, in retrospect the idea is good on paper, but it really depends on the person we're dealing with. Usually they're just people who mindlessly grief when they can. Unocassionally we do have some covert people that lurk for a while before striking. I think you guys should go with Almasy's idea on the ban-on-sight.

Noidness

Yeah, and mostly the people that have griefed us were banjumping, and griefing because they were pissed. This griefer, we don't know who it is. But I think right now the importance is in finding a way to PREVENT griefing, not catching them. We need to stop it before it happens.

VonXeno

Why does everyone hate us D:
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Tratosian

I think right now the importance is in finding a way to PREVENT griefing, not catching them. We need to stop it before it happens.

Mods?
"The world may be so chaotic and confused, but I have learned to deal with it." - The Lone Raider

VonXeno

Quote from: Tratosian on 14-07-2012
I think right now the importance is in finding a way to PREVENT griefing, not catching them. We need to stop it before it happens.
Mods?

Prevent, not catch. For example, turning antibuild on while everyone's asleep.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Noidness

I PMed that idea to the mods earlier. But regardless, we don't have enough mods/the current mods are not active enough.

VonXeno

I PMed that idea to the mods earlier. But regardless, we don't have enough mods/the current mods are not active enough.

Didn't PM it to me.

Noidness

Only to James, ThY, and Steven.

Tratosian

Quote from: VonXeno on 14-07-2012
Mods?

I actually meant modifications (Like antibuild, that you quoted), not moderators.
"The world may be so chaotic and confused, but I have learned to deal with it." - The Lone Raider

VonXeno

Quote from: VonXeno on 14-07-2012
Mods?

I actually meant modifications (Like antibuild, that you quoted), not moderators.

Oh. Derp. Then, yes, we should start doing that.

Now, why do we allow people to register if they're just going to ban jump?

Noidness

I know. The register system just makes people invincible to password changes.

srgghostkilla

I know. The register system just makes people invincible to password changes.
Maybe see if there is a way to wipe all regular accounts when the pass is changed.

Kamimaia

Call me an idiot, but maybe the issue is that our steam group is public. If someone posts the password to it, can everyone who has steam see it?

VonXeno

Quote from: Kamimaia on 14-07-2012
Call me an idiot, but maybe the issue is that our steam group is public. If someone posts the password to it, can everyone who has steam see it?

We have a steam group?

We post the password in our steam group?

Noidness

Kami, I believe the group we post is the one on here, but yeah, it's public too, I think.

RoyRoger05

I honestly think the issue IS the registering.  I honest to god do not know the current password, and have just used my /register password to log in.  I really think we need to either get rid of /register and set up a whitelist.  Or go back to the old system.

Syndraell

Quote from: RoyRoger05 on 14-07-2012
I honestly think the issue IS the registering.  I honest to god do not know the current password, and have just used my /register password to log in.  I really think we need to either get rid of /register and set up a whitelist.  Or go back to the old system.

Get rid of Register, Obviously.
Those who actually can be allowed to have a login, are trusted players.