FPSBanana Infected

Started by Lucidius, 18-07-2010

Lucidius

Quote from: rhalle of the steam forums

Anyone shopping for maps or skins:

I know it's not uncommon for FPSBanana, but I believe the site is currently infected with the 'Black Internet' trojan.

It's embedded in the site itself somehow, which means all you have to do is go there-- you don't have to download anything, and you'll be infected. The thing is that no virus scanner I had running alerted to it; AVG, Ad-Aware and Windows Defender did not alert when I went there and caught it.

If you've been to FPSBanana the last day or less, check your task manager. Look for iexplore.exe running-- or multiple instances of it if you are surfing with internet explorer, of course. You might also be hearing audio advertisements and/or multiple weird noises and mouseclicks.

Apparently this trojan infects the MBR, and I'm not 100% how to fix that, but I think I've cleared my infection by making all folders viewable and none hidden, starting in Safe Mode and going here:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Appdata\Local\Temp

and deleting these two files:

Loader.exe
Smss.exe

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

So, go exploring to test your virus scanner or doubt my post at your own risk-- i.e., my strong suggestion is: don't do it.

If anyone knows their webmaster's contact info, please share. I'd gladly write them an e-mail to tell them, but I don't feel like looking for it on their site and having to clean my computer again.

--Rhalle

Anyone know if this has been cleared up yet? I JUST posted a tutorial befor eit got infected and I want to know if it's been posted on.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Silver Knight

I looked on there yesterday and i was fine, not that you should care FPS Banana may have a great collection of stuff, but the website and search functions suck.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bowlin

Well, at the moment im on my work's internet provider. Its really strict, blocking facebook, and such. It allowed this site, but when i went on FpsBanana just a few min's ago, it said something about a virus, or some sort of breach. But im protected :). Idk, but i wouldnt go on it.

Lucidius

Quote from: Bowlin on 18-07-2010
Well, at the moment im on my work's internet provider. Its really strict, blocking facebook, and such. It allowed this site, but when i went on FpsBanana just a few min's ago, it said something about a virus, or some sort of breach. But im protected :). Idk, but i wouldnt go on it.

No virus detectors have been picking it up and loading the site is enough to infect you.

Quote from: Last.Exile on 18-07-2010
... a great collection of stuff...

All anyone cares about.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

ISPYUDIE

Holy shizzle, thanks for the warning, I was gonna go on FSPB today.

Dark Scar

Everythings getting infected these days...

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

Lucidius

Quote from: Wellington on 22-07-2010
I went on it a week or so ago, I noticed it was down. Simply a blank page, I guess I'm infected with this trojan? o.O

if your having the symptoms then maybe, I don't know when it was infected. I posted this several days after the initial Steam post

My Profile[/b][/size]

Wings

Nah, I just went there. I think they are bullshitting you.

Mikhail

do you try to necropost on purpose

Wings

sorry, But the thread wasn't that old, and those are just my 2 cents.

Turkey

Please don't revive older threads, Its a pet peeve fore a lot of people