Application Idea

Started by Crow793, 09-03-2012

Crow793

I've taken the liberty of constructing a new password application. Let me know what you guys think. I suggest making this a PM application, so other players can't cheat off other people's posts.

REVISED: 6/27/2012

= General Information =

Name:
Requested Character Name (You MUST make a new character.):
Character Age:
Character Race:
Character Background (Story and/or affiliation):
Players you already know (Possible References):
Why do you want to join this server? What about it appeals to you the most?:
Do you play on Aceon? (Our minecraft server) If so, state your account name:
List your current RP experience up to date. (Games, LARP, etc.):

= RP Test =

These tests will help us determine your overall level of RP ability, as well as judge how your character will react in certain situations. Play through these scenarios as if you were playing your desired character. Don't be afraid to give voices to other characters involved.

*EXAMPLE QUESTION*
*- You're walking through the forest, and a dog is caught in a snare. A nearby hunter comes by, thinking it's yours, and asks if he can buy it. He doesn't appear to be a very kind looking man, and may do evil things to the dog. What do you do?
- Bob walks steadily through the forest, and suddenly hears the yelps of a crying canine. After many minutes of searching, he finally comes along the poor creature, with his leg bloodied and caught in a snare-trap. Just as Bob was about to release him, a curious looking stranger approached him with gold in hand. "H-h-h-hey...c-c-can I have that d-d-dog of yoursss...? I n-need it for...f-f-for the fights..." he said with a wicked grin. Bob studied him a moment, and decided by his pure judgment, that he should not give it to him. "No. I've had this dog all my life. I don't intend on selling him." he'd say. An obvious lie, but a good one, as the man simply huffed and walked away. Bob freed the dog from the trap, and the dog gave him a happy lick, as it slumped over and licked it's wounds. Bob left, and later returned with a nurse, who brought it back to health. That was the last Bob had ever seen the dog or the strange man.

1. You enter a tavern. The atmosphere is lively and loud, and the room is brightly lit with much activity. In the corner, two drunks brawl over a dropped coin while a group watches. At the counter, the barmaid serves drinks to greedy dwarves who pass a few lewd comments her way. A curious looking dwarf gives you a rather disgusted look. The barmaid at the counter gives you a wave, and asks what you'd like to drink. What do you do?

-

2. You're walking in the street one day, and you notice a man running from a group of townspeople. The citizens look angry, and they all have unsheathed weapons. The man running appears to be a rouge-like character, although it doesn't look like he's taken anything. The man runs along side you, and cries out for your help. What do you do?

-

3. You're walking through the castle grounds, and a castle guard comes up to you, accusing you of taking gold from the royal treasury. You assure the guard that you didn't take it (Or maybe you did, depending on your character), but he doesn't believe you. Judging from the castle grounds, it wouldn't be too hard to run off. However, archers stationed at towers might shoot you down if you're not careful. The guard himself doesn't seem like a very bright individual, and could possibly be easily persuaded or bribed. What do you do?

-

4. You're laying in bed one night, reading your favorite book or simply thinking about your plans. Suddenly, you hear a woman scream outside, and a wicked laugh from what sounds like a group of men. It doesn't seem like you're the only one who hears this. What do you do?

-

5. You're walking through some underground cavers one day, and you accidentally fall off a ledge and land in a pool of water. Unfortunately, all you have with you at the time is a sword and a spell tome. You can barely see, but you can hear the shuffles and agonizing moans of zombies and undead miners crawling your way. Judging from the sounds, there is definitely more than six of each, and you don't appear to have a means of escape. However, there are many large rocks conveniently at your disposal for possible hiding spots. What do you do?

-

= Rules Test =

Answer these to the best of your ability. We WILL know if you've cheated.

1. Is it okay to build Hellivators?

2. An Operator authorized you to have cobalt armor. Is it okay to bring it yourself from single player?

3. A Trial Operator gave you permission to wear Adamantite. Is this okay?

4. You want to make a character who is an almighty powerful God. What's wrong with this?

5. True or False: It's okay to use grenades, but not bombs and dynamite.

6. You find a chest in somebody's home full to the brim with Shadow armor. Is it okay to take a set for yourself? Surely the owner won't mind.

7. Your best friend recently sent an application to the server. He tells you he was accepted, but needs the password. Is it okay to give it to him?

8. Is it okay to mine Meteor in the dungeons?

9. How many shadow orbs are you allowed to break?

10. You find a locked shadow chest/gold chest. Is it okay to unlock them without permission?

= Oath =

** I, (Name), solemnly swear to abide and follow the rules of this server, as well as HGN's regulated rules, as long as I am a member of HGN and it's servers. I swear never to violate any rules under penalty of Ban, and I swear I will play respectfully, will not insult another player, impede another player's ability to roleplay or have fun, or harass other players. I understand that by breaking this oath and it's rules, my account may be permanently banned without hope of revival, and I will not be allowed back on Caphori, as strictly listed by the Caphori Rules & Regulations thread on the forums, and strictly enforced by Caphori's Administration/Operators. **

vatovie

you forgot the all important troll test of have you played troll face quest and if so did you ever get frusterated? trust me i know alot of trolls and only trolls understand the puzzles in it enough to not get frustrated.

Crow793

vatovie

the troll test to find out who are trolls. troll face quest is a puzzle game full of puzzles that are evil and only a person with the mind of a troll could get qickly enough not to get frusterated.

VonXeno

I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

vatovie

troll face quest is a puzzle game where the puzzles are difficult unless you think like a troll which is not easy to do for non hardcore trolls

Crow793

Syndraell

Nice application idea.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

jaik

I think it's too complicated for an average user to fill, maybe you should cut down on the amount of questions.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Crow793

People who take the time to fill out complicated applications are the people who are fun to RP with, and dun speek liek diz LOLOL

Dungeon_Lord

I agree with Crow this isn't just some easy whitelist bucket server. Anyone who really wants to play shouldn't care about the amount of questions. Though this doesn't fully weed out trolls it seems like it could grind out a good number. Though it also seems to me that people continually guess the server password in tell the get it right, which seems like it would be useless yet they still seem to get on.

Also I've never heard of Troll Quest and I'm a very analogical person, so after figuring out what the puzzles require I'd easily get through it so that question proves to be useless.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 09-03-2012
analogical person, so after figuring out what the puzzles require I'd easily get through it so that question proves to be useless.

Analytical*
Logical*
?
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

VonXeno

Quote from: RanmaChan on 09-03-2012
analogical person, so after figuring out what the puzzles require I'd easily get through it so that question proves to be useless.

Analytical*
Logical*
?

Perhaps some bastard child of the two?
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

lolKieck

Though it also seems to me that people continually guess the server password in tell the get it right, which seems like it would be useless yet they still seem to get on.
Probably someone is telling griefers the password. We have one guy who did that here.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

jaik

Quote from: Crow793 on 09-03-2012
People who take the time to fill out complicated applications are the people who are fun to RP with, and dun speek liek diz LOLOL

You won't have anyone to RP with - that's the problem.

Dungeon_Lord

Analytical is what I meant, but since its not registered as a actual word it auto spell checked to analogical.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

JRParadox

Once James is back I will make him read through this again, if he agrees then we will go ahead and make it the new application form as in my opinion there are no major flaws in it. The RP and the rules questions will be in a PM format so the answers and replies are truthful.

If any moderators (or standard community members with a valid point) object to this system please say so and how it can be improved.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?
Rag > This is so serious you don't understand.

Frostee

HOW ABOUT THIS,  just give people the password after the get accepted so they don't CLOG UP THE FUCKING SHOUTBOX.

/thread

JRParadox

Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?
Rag > This is so serious you don't understand.

Crow793

Bumped per Kami's motivating speech.  8)

Tom

Do not like.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Crow793

Care to elaborate?

jaik

Quote from: Crow793 on 27-06-2012
Care to elaborate?

Tom does not like. What else is there to say?

RoyRoger05

I think the current app system needs to go under review and get some revisions done but.. the one you posted is a tad to big for a server many come to start their role-playing on.

Tom

Basically what Roy said, too big and complex, I personally dislike applications in general, I would also like to point out that if I where me from two years ago, I wouldnt of been able to fill out this application and not make it laughably bad.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22