*EVENT* The Invasion *Event*

Started by Velspera, 06-11-2011

Velspera

http://www.youtube.com/v/aQYu5_nuBZU&autoplay=1

The Ancients knew it would happen again.  The world of Caphori had been left broken and barren, sucked dry of the things that gave the earth gods power, that allowed the land to thrive and fluorish.  They knew the two-legged creatures were the problem.  Thinking only of themselves and their own futures, they'd carved the ore straight out of the ground like a knife through flesh and left only holes in their wake.  And now that the land could no longer sustain them they abandoned it, leaving it fester like an open wound.

And where their boots touched ground on the other side of the sea they would do it again.  This was something that could could not happen, would not happen, and they would be the ones to assure it.

The citizens of Caphori formed an odd band of misfits aboard the Shark Fin's abandoned ship: an assassin, a handful of dwarves, a 'soothsayer', an elemental, and other even odder types that chattered or hid within the shadows or simply waited, trembling at the sensation that churned in the pit of their stomach.

The waters that had been so welcoming for them at the beginning of their journey had taken a turn for the worse and grew dark, murky, like liquid corruption stretched far ahead of them.  The shadow of the lands of the wilderness they'd scouted through the she-dryad's underground portal lay on the other side and was no calmer than the sea that pushed them - or was it pulling - towards the shore. 

Far ahead they could see the torches burning outside of a dingy old outpost, gleaming red in the darkness like the eyes of a demon, and could hear the howls and shrieks of Eaters echoing from within the great chasms of the corruption just beyond it.

A stranger, the woman who had taken over as the ship's captain long enough to get them from one shore to the other, leaned against the rails of the ship and peered out at the land that grew closer at an ever faster pace, as if the waters were shoving rather than guiding now, to push them right into the jaws of the damned.  Perhaps coming to this place was not a mistake after all.  Perhaps this was where she needed to be. 

She turned to the group that stared past her.  Some cowered, others readied their weapons. 

"It seems our journey will not be as easy as we'd hoped it would." she stated.

"Can't we just make it to the village?  We should be fine there, right?" someone piped up from the back.

The woman shook her head.  "No.  We can't.  As long as we are here we are doomed.  On the far side of this island there is another ship.  My ship.  It is small, but it should be enough to take us across the sea.  There, we should be safe...for a time." 

"'Tis a long way." one of the dwarves grumbled.  He seemed annoyed, though moreso with having to go on such a long trek than having to fight.  He had no qualms with cleaving a demon's head from its shoulders.  That, for him, was an everyday occurance.

"It is...but my partner and I can assure you that you will get there and there are others among us that are more than capable of protecting those who are not fit enough for an all-out war.  We cannot say you will get there safely...but you will certainly get there."

--------------------
Prepare for THE INVASION!
This event will take place next Saturday, November 12th, at 8pm EST on the Wilderness server and will last as long as it needs to for our group to get from one side of the map to the other.

This event is to set the scene for the main map's reset, provide players with a way to establish how their character either survived OR died (in case you are making a new character for the new map), as well as introducing you to the new Queen, Ophelia.

During our trip, we will have to deal with at LEAST one boss fight, one bloodmoon, a goblin invasion, and a HELL of a lot of demons and imps, so prepare for a LOT of fighting and a lot of fun roleplay in between.

So, make room on your calendars and DO try to be there. :)  It won't be the same without you.

Feel free to leave comments (and sorry if the story above seems a bit rushed. :P ).
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Syndraell

crap, i might be moving around the 12th-13th, and i might not be able to be on for a few weeks.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Dungeon_Lord

Damnit. I'm not at my dad's on that saturday... so I'm unavailable for that conquest... Though my character is new enough I'm not needed, which I guess is lucky for me. If I can find a way I will be there. tough I don't even know how to get to the wilderness server anyhow so... ya...
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Safianna

OOC Note: Please note that this is from Miss Safia's point of view. Don't go biting my head off saying that it is wrong. Certain things may be biased, skewed, misinformed or completely incorrect, but it is just how the -character- is seeing things.
------------
------------

Miss Safia had shunned the decadent lifestyle she once pursued in favour for living in a mud hut deep in the scarred land of Caphori. Her research out there was making slight progress and she believed she was well on her way to healing the land. However, she still felt as though she had failed the spirits of the land. Despite her attempts to scare the townsfolk into living a more simple life, no one took heed. They continued to rape the land and she was powerless to stop them. As a result, she promised herself that she would stay out of town as much as Gnomishly possible.

Recent events forced her to return to 'civilization' in order to feed a hungry fortune teller. When she arrived that fateful morning, there was hustle and bustle in the town. Her Gnomish curiosity got the better of her and she allowed herself to follow the crowd. When she realized what was actually happening, she took a moment to apologize to the land she was apparently leaving. Safia also made it a promise that she would do her best to continue her efforts to dissuade the rest from their dangerous lifestyles.

-------
-------

OOC Note: I may or may not make the event, depending on how RL treats me on those days. If I don't make it, it can be assumed that she mumbled to herself during the exodus and she makes it to the new area along with the rest of the motley Caphori crew . She will then head into the wilderness to begin her studies anew, away from the inevitable towns and mineshafts.

vatovie

you enter ed the boat and i was already there and talking of the hopes my guild can make to where ever we are going.

Syl

Hi, I'm going to try and be there, but I'll be at my dads, so It might not happen, but, anyways, this said that this is going to be on the wilderness server, is this true? anyways, I couldnt really come up with a story for my character, but that might work out, considering he doesnt like asking or talking about his own or other people's pasts, he will be quiet, serious, and have a grim sense of humour, he is a ranger, and im making a new character, so he'll be starting out with a bow, arrows, and possibly a shortsword, and thats it. possibly some coins, just for the heck of it. now on to his skills, he is a very good shot with the bow, can fight with knives, is stealthy, and can track very well, and if this is okay with you guys, I was hoping he could be extremely loyal, and possibly serve, for the  ship's captain. (the girl.) Like I said, I might not be there, but i wanted to see if this characcter was okay with you guys, and if my last idea was okay too, I'm really looking forward to this event.

-Eirkash

Dungeon_Lord

I definitley won't be there for that event. Sorry but I made a story to explain what I will or was doing at the event for my character since I can't make it. Normally I'd just say I came after the event, but I have been in original Caphori and met some others already so thats to late.

Dungeon_Lord

Sorry for double post. Internet lag caused me to post before I was done...

As a new member to Caphori my knowledge was light, but the visuals of the land made up for all I was missing... The land town apart by the dwellings of Caphori. Forests ripped to shreds and replaced with extravegant buildings and abandoned homes... I tried to visualize this place thriving, but that was which my knowledge lacked... A memory or thought of how this land could of been or used to be...

As the growing sadness dwelled within me. I seeked refugee in the deep ungrounds untouched by civilization. Taking only what I needed and replacing what I took with other things I grew to take this place as home. A place where I could live... But soon I realized this land had been taking pressure of these humanoids for so long and that it could no longer withstand the pressure.

A day or maybe more later the noise of people rushing and leaving fills the air. I quickly ascend to the surface and find the people leaving for new land. Leaving the civilization torned land for a new place to corrupt and destroy... The thought of this terrifys me so I quickly follow. Sitting with these beasts I grip my anger holding it within and not letting it escape. Soon I thought... I'd be able to flee their presence or maybe I would stay and try to guide them to a life of needs and not wants... A better... and healthy life...
Maybe...
Or Maybe... my rage would prevail...

This was my character's actions and thoughts over this trip since I will be absent for this event.

ElInventor

Dont know if i´d be able to go. First, i dont know how to enter in The Wilds. Second, maybe that hour will be to early in Spain.
EDIT: Yes, 5:00 AM in Spain. ¡Damn it!

Ragolution

I like the motivation of this post/event.

Problem - The players fucked up the terrain.

Solution - Make an event that kills everyone.

RoyRoger05

Quote from: Ragolution on 09-11-2011

Pretty much.

Nintendo64Dude

You can expect Tristram to be there. Of course, still poisoned with madness. We can do something about that, make sure he doesn't go TOO mad or something. Well, can't wait! Hope it's fun.  ;D
~ТЯłSТЯΛM~ & ~ҠΛЯł~

Velspera

Quote from: Ragolution on 09-11-2011

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about the possibility of a few people dying.

...Though, I guess that sounds pretty morbid.

Velspera

Quote from: Nintendo64Dude on 09-11-2011
You can expect Tristram to be there. Of course, still poisoned with madness. We can do something about that, make sure he doesn't go TOO mad or something. Well, can't wait! Hope it's fun.  ;D

WAHAHAHA, MADNESS.

Dungeon_Lord

If I had a character people knew and I was able to go I'd kill him tragically to try and make some peoples characters be sad or be like "I can't go on!" or "Why! Why (Name)! He was... my (Insert Relationship)....."

Heh sadness is most fun thing to rp same with death.

Steven :D

I'll try to be there as well, if I'm not playing Skyrim.

Dungeon_Lord

I'll probably be playing Skryim to.

Crow793

I'll be busy crying about how I can't afford Skyrim that day.

Dungeon_Lord

Quote from: Crow793 on 11-11-2011
I'll be busy crying about how I can't afford Skyrim that day.

D: Thats horrible no one should not be able to play Skyrim. I feel for you. There was once a game I could not  afford...

JRParadox

Hopefuly I can make it but at 1AM GMT is gonna be horrible! still ive got nothing to do tomorow so I can sleep later than usual

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?
Rag > This is so serious you don't understand.

RoyRoger05

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that was there, and am looking forward to role playing with you all in the future!

Dungeon_Lord

Safianna

She had gone in to town to stop the suffering of an alleged madman. "It would only be for a moment," she convinced herself. However, that moment was all that was needed. She got there as the crowd was splitting into two groups. As stated before, Gnomish curiousity took her little hand and lead her to the group with the most swords. She needed to know what was going on.

When the onslaught began, she immediately regretted it. Had she stayed in her hovel, she may well have been left alone. The manifested emotions of the land had not bothered her one iota since she began her sustained living. By going with the crowd, she figured that she had become associated with them again. She had no choice by to fight her way through with the group, because civility and conversation did not seem to be a plausible course of action this time.

--- Many hours, days or weeks (Miss Safia is still unsure) later, they had fought their way to the ship. In the calm after the defeat of the "demon commander", she erected a small memorial to all who had died. If the group knew that it was meant to remember the fallen "demons" as well, she probably wouldn't have been let on to the ship. ---

Miss Safia had dirt under her fingernails, mud and blood caked on her clothes, her hair was matted and she just looked plain tired.  Most avoided her, calling her the crazy plant lady. She sat on a bench in the damp cabin scribbling notes and mumbling to herself about mud and herbs. Despite her weary appearance, she was actually rather excited. This 'new land' was providing an opportunity not many ever get. She had a chance at redemption. This time would be different. She would not fail the land again...