Skyrim Exploit or just being smart?

Started by STRANGERDANGER, 28-11-2011

STRANGERDANGER

Watch this video before you poll
http://youtu.be/LSkT4thSsWk

Or if your to lazy to actually watch a video here's the explanation...

Quote from: Paintcheck on 28-11-2011
I have an idea of what you are talking about though based on your sentence "Collect all the resources" I'm going to assume this is about how you can use Enchant, Alchemy and Smithing to create "loops" of effects that allow you to make weapons and armor that is super powerful.
Was having a debate with my friend over whether or not this was an exploit or not in the game. Give me your opinions on whether you think it is or isn't. Keep in mind that everything has a cap and as well it takes time(A while to collect all the resources) to gather and ready yourself to do this guide. Also keep in mind that it is blatantly cheap in a way.

Paintcheck

Not watching a 15 minute video, either post an explanation or gtfo.

I have an idea of what you are talking about though based on your sentence "Collect all the resources" I'm going to assume this is about how you can use Enchant, Alchemy and Smithing to create "loops" of effects that allow you to make weapons and armor that is super powerful.

It's not an exploit, it's just poorly balanced. The fortifications and enchantments do exactly what they are intended to do, therefore it is not an exploit.

STRANGERDANGER

Quote from: Paintcheck on 28-11-2011

Yes basically this but its a working piece of the game that's being used by a player in a way not intended by the designer is what my friend is getting on about.

Paintcheck

It is totally intended by the designer. If it wasn't intended by the designer there wouldn't be a potion to fortify smithing or fortify enchanting. The designer probably did not realize how powerful you could make a piece of equipment by doing that but it is not doing anything unintended by the game.

Khorn

I have the guide book for Skyrim and it says that you can't go over 85% over the max potential you can get without potions.

So if you are at 100 skill and have all unlocks for Enchanting, you can make an enchantment of X. If you use a bunch of potions that increase you enchantment by 85%, you can only increase the enchantment of X by another 85%.

They have put limits in game, ever since Morrowind Magic and spells, they have put in limitations to what you can create.

Iam333

I guess every TES had some overpowered skill which could be nerfed.
For instance in Morrowind was Speechcraft probably one of strongest.
If you dont like it, dont use it or get some mod which fix that.