The Stories of Concord Capitol

Started by meetdadoom, 09-10-2011

meetdadoom

Stories from Concord

The streets of the market district are lively, as usual. People of all classes swarm the markets looking for the best bargain on fresh vegetables and meats. Peasants swarm any noble that walks by asking for just a little bit of Marks. Men in large rows wearing red coats bearing the insignia of the King charge through the district. People move out of their way out of habit without any hassle. Smoke fills the air from the gun smith's forge. The clanking of metal is heard coming from builders erecting buildings. You hear a town crier standing on a scaffold in the center of town. Many people are gathered around him. "He' thee He' thee!  The brave so'die's of the King have won the batt'e of Shepa'd's lan'ing against the tyrannical fo'ces of the Vaul' Knigh's. The la'ge me' s'orm the 'ush g'een fie'ds with thei' 'igh tech am'or and weapons. The king's men stan' on a de'ensive 'ine tha' s'retches all the 'ay f'om Canter's Fa'm to Du'ch's ranch [1 mile]. 'hey Vaul' Knigh's knowing abou' the Kin's supe'ior rif'es sen' the la'ge mechd ones firs'. Gene'al Co'nfiel', comman'ed the a'my an' o'dered the s'eel crusa'ers firs't with thei' an'I ma'erial rif'es. They fi'ed upon the Meched ones, crum'ling the knigh's. Gene'al Co'nfie' then o'dered fo' the me' to sa''le up and cha'ge the in'an'ry causin' the re'anin' fo'ces to re'reat. The 'eath toll was 1200. 427 on the Kin's si'e an' 773 on the Vaul' Pigs si'e. The Fa'ms o' Shpa'd's lan'ing a'e sa'e mea'ing ou' mai' foo' supp'y is un'arme'. Ye migh' of no'iced the dro' in 'rice on ri'e an' po'a'oes. 'emembe' to than' the me' who pro'ect ou' lan's an' espe'ially Kin' Walles II". As the crier steps down from the scaffold many people talk to each other smiling and then they swarm to go on with their doings.

Translation of the Crier's speech.
                . "Hear thee Hear thee!  The brave soldiers of the King have won the battle of Shepard's lan'ing against the tyrannical forces of the Vault Knights. The large men storm the lush green fields with their high tech armor and weapons. The king's men stand on a defensive line that stretches all the 'way from Canter's Farm to Dutch's ranch [1 mile]. The Vault Knights knowing about the Kings superior rifles, sent the large meched ones first. General Cornfield, commanded the army and ordered the steel crusaders first with their antI material rifles. They fired upon the Meched ones, crumbling the knights. General Cornfield then ordered for the men to saddle up and charge the infantry causing the remaining forces to retreat. The death toll was 1200. 427 on the King's side an' 773 on the Vault Pigs side. The Farms of Shepard's landing are safe meaning our main food supply is unharmed. You might of noticed the drop in price on rice an' potatoes. Remember to thank the men who protect our lands and especially King Walles the II"

----
this is basically stories that have been recorded from the Eastern front of the Wasteland. Please give me feedback if I should do more or not. I decided to not go all out in fear that if I do, i'll look like a greater retard than I already appear as.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]