Powergaming

Started by D33tly, 03-08-2011

D33tly

(02:03am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: No you dickbutt
(02:03am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: I raised mine first.
(02:03am) [LOOC] 'Durandal': ou both have to RP raising.
(02:03am) [LOOC] John Mileston: i heard you come up
(02:04am) [LOOC] John Mileston: what about him, did he RP raise?
(02:04am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: No because you didn't.
(02:04am) [LOOC] John Mileston: so ytou raised first without R raising alright.
(02:04am) ** [Light Brown Hair | Li...] comes around the corner raising his gun as he sees the man.
(02:04am) [LOOC] John Mileston: <___>
(02:04am) [LOOC] John Mileston: yup, maek sence
(02:04am) [LOOC] John Mileston: the second you see a man you must raise gun
(02:04am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Don't do anything you'd regreat."
(02:05am) ** John Mileston stands
(02:05am) ** [Light Brown Hair | Li...] pulls down lightly on the trigger, not yet firing.
(02:05am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Come on now, drop the gun."
(02:05am) John Mileston says "Again?"
(02:05am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "You started it."
(02:06am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Now, drop the gun."
(02:06am) John Mileston says "Damn you are one lazy son of a bitch. You can't earn your own gun."
(02:06am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: lol get infront of me
(02:06am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: No. :p
(02:06am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: Yes
(02:06am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: You don't FLY off ladders
(02:06am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: IRL
(02:06am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: Do you
(02:06am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: I cant help it did that.
(02:07am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: Well then get infront of me
(02:07am) [LOOC] John Mileston: IRL you dont have the balls to go after two guys with shotguns with a pistol.
(02:07am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: I landed right here, as far as I know.
(02:07am) [LOOC] John Mileston: unless your a looney
(02:07am) [LOOC] John Mileston: there is no way any sane person would do that
(02:07am) [LOOC] 'Durandal': You don't launch off of laders
(02:07am) [LOOC] John Mileston: yeah get back to whre the ladder is
(02:07am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: I cant help it did that. But fine.
(02:08am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: No need to triple team me. >.>
(02:08am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "You, lay down."
(02:08am) [male | appears 19 | b...] says "..."
(02:08am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Don't move."
(02:08am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Just lay down."
(02:08am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "You with the shotgun, drop it."
(02:08am) [LOOC] John Mileston: help meh durandal!
(02:08am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: Well, this is awkward.
(02:08am) ** John Mileston reaches for his shotgun slowly
(02:08am) ** [Light Brown Hair | Li...] fires a shot over his head, ready to fire another if needed.
Failed to load sound "hgn\fallout\weapons\10mmpistol\10mmpistol_fire.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
(02:09am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Don't think about it, just drop it."
(02:09am) [LOOC] John Mileston: dude the hell? I need to reach for it to drop it xD
(02:09am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "As well as one hundred caps."
(02:09am) John Mileston says "I dont have one hundred caps you dumbass prick."
(02:09am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Don't use your hands, just shrug the sling off your back."
(02:09am) ** John Mileston moves his hands back to the position they were in
(02:10am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Three seconds."
(02:10am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: How the HELL did you even fuck up so badly, you failed to even use the shotgun?
(02:10am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Start doing it."
(02:10am) [LOOC] John Mileston: i thought durandal was like sniping
(02:10am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Three...."
(02:10am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Come on now..."
(02:10am) [LOOC] John Mileston: ton, if you have a gun aimed at you you dont go for your gun
(02:10am) [LOOC] John Mileston: i am i need to tell him what happened!
(02:10am) [LOOC] John Mileston: wait i was standing at my doorway
(02:10am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: Now, I know that if I try to roleplay this, Im going to get shot before I can even try to roleplay.
(02:10am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: I know but I start at three
(02:11am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Shrug it off."
(02:11am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Come on now."
(02:11am) [LOOC] John Mileston: i was here do so i could throw it over
(02:11am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: You realize there's a way out of this?
(02:11am) ** John Mileston takes a little backstep and hal shrugs it off
(02:11am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Back up now."
(02:11am) [LOOC] John Mileston: half shrug
(02:11am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: Oh
(02:12am) [LOOC] John Mileston: not fully off yet
(02:12am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "One..."
(02:12am) John Mileston says "Sorry, but figity here.."
(02:12am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: and I thought bald people were smart...
(02:12am) ** John Mileston jumps into his doorway
(02:12am) ** [Light Brown Hair | Li...] pulls the trigger down lightly.
(02:12am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "FIRST WARNING"
(02:12am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: Oh, finally.
(02:12am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: Reaction time
(02:12am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: Or it's powergaming...
(02:12am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: How about we use /roll?
(02:13am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: the higher number gains the favor.
(02:13am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: Roll Role-Play isn't done
(02:13am) [LOOC] John Mileston: sorry, forgot, but there is no refex good enough to shoow a diving man in the head
(02:13am) [LOOC] John Mileston: maybe in the leg if lucky but not the head
(02:13am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: When I'm aiming at your chest, and a micrometer away from pulling the trigger
(02:13am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: I can hit you
(02:13am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: Yes, go ahead, be that way, but who'll be laughing when I shit on your grave! >:3
(02:13am) [LOOC] John Mileston: but not in the head
(02:13am) ** [Red Beret|Black Comba...] sings "Heart Ache by the Nu,ber" as he walks on by Noting "Hey Guy"
(02:13am) [LOOC] John Mileston: chest ill survive for a small bit
(02:13am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: Good godalmighty.
(+) (02:14am) |HGN| Mr. Pink has connected to the server.
(02:14am) [LOOC] John Mileston: alright lets go, what was your reaction?
(02:14am) ** [Light Brown Hair | Li...] fires off a shot as he jumps through the door at his chest.
(02:14am) [LOOC] John Mileston: it would be lower chest, but now like a fatal part
(02:14am) ** [Red Beret|Black Comba...] jumps a bit at the shot shouldering his rifle and leaning on the coner way
(02:14am) [LOOC] John Mileston: + with this adrenaline you dont feel as much pain
(02:14am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: Your rifle is half off by the way :P
(02:14am) [LOOC] John Mileston: i know
(02:15am) [LOOC] John Mileston: so it drops to the ground in my room
(02:15am) ** John Mileston falls to the ground in his room, and grabs his shotgun
(02:15am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: Roleplay really shouldnt have to have this much ooc discussion...
(02:15am) ** John Mileston aims at the door
(02:16am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Toss the gun out in two seconds."
(02:16am) [LOOC] John Mileston: S2K, S2M, or S2RP?
(02:16am) ** [Red Beret|Black Comba...] looks up at Dante with his gun raised
(02:16am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Or this kid dies."
(02:16am) John Mileston says "Shit..."
(02:16am) ** [male | appears 19 | b...] inches slowly towards the man with a pistol.
(02:16am) John Mileston says "C'mon, you dont need to inolve the kid"
(02:16am) ** [Light Brown Hair | Li...] aims the gun towards the kids head.
(02:16am) John Mileston yells "let the kid go"
(02:16am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "One second.."
(02:16am) [Light Brown Hair | Li...] says "Toss it."
(02:16am) ** [male | appears 19 | b...] raises his eyebrow.
(02:17am) ** John Mileston throws his gun outside
(02:17am) [Red Beret|Black Comba...] yells "Hey Guy we don't need to end in death"
(02:17am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: If you shoot me witht he shotgun...
(02:17am) [LOOC] John Mileston: can it have fallen off the edge?
(02:17am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: You throwing it down or what?
(02:17am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: Sure
(02:17am) [LOOC] John Mileston: i threw it too far
(02:17am) ** the shotgun falls down to the ground floor
(X) (02:18am) You cannot drop your weapon that far away!
(02:18am) ** [Light Brown Hair | Li...] the gun trained on the kid he manuevers around him.
(02:18am) [LOOC] Tom Bollery: Yup, look at me, chilling with my head half stuck in the wood.
(02:18am) ** [Red Beret|Black Comba...] climbs the fence
(02:18am) [LOOC] Dante Vercetti: Toss it already
(02:18am) ** [Red Beret|Black Comba...] climbs up a ladder
(02:18am) ** [Light Brown Hair | Li...] hops down landing softly.
(02:18am) ** John Mileston gets up
(02:18am) ** [Red Beret|Black Comba...] starts to scramble climb up a roof
(02:19am) ** [Light Brown Hair | Li...] scoops the gun up in his arm, and holsters his pistol.
(02:19am) [LOOC] John Mileston: dude dont say you have your gun still trained
(02:19am) [LOOC] John Mileston: ok
(02:19am) Glen Pink yells "john? Durandal?"

1.) He climbed a ladder (Which i heard) so i began typing then he turns the corner and i wasnt done yet so i just stoppped it all and pulled up my gun (Bad on my part) So admin tells us to re-do it and he restarts from ontop of the roof instead of the bottom of the ladder.

2.) He uses "Turns the corner and pulls a gun on the man" Now i don't think the first thing you do when you turn a corner is pull a gun on a man, in the middle of a town, when that man has a shot gun and you have a pistol. (I know that they are both guns yada yada, but a shotgun is more intimidating.)

3.) He just RPs picking up the gun then runs off, giving me no time to try and slow him down. Yes, i was shot. But everyone forget about an adrenaline rush, that thing keeps you going even through pain if it is enough. So if i hate that guys guts, and i want to kill him any way possible, ill give my life jumping on him to slow him down. But no, he wouldn't let me do that and he just runs off with my gun.

[/size]4.) Not shown in the logs, but when me and my friend were searching for him (We both were armed with shotguns) he comes and holds me hostage. What. the. fuck? If all you have is a pistol, and you see two guys with shotguns you run like hell. Now the only two possible reasons would be: A.) he is mentally insane (IC) but that is not the case since an insane person would have killed me. or B.) he has the biggest fucking balls on the entire planet, as in so large they could could for a continent. and he doesn't. So neither of those work.
[/size]
[/size]Well there you have it, i have pictures in case you think these are for some reason faked.
[/size]http://filesmelt.com/dl/2011-08-03_00001.jpg
[/size]http://filesmelt.com/dl/2011-08-03_00002.jpg

[/size]http://filesmelt.com/dl/2011-08-03_00003.jpg
[/size]http://filesmelt.com/dl/2011-08-03_00004.jpg
[/size]his name is:
[/size] |HGN-CRTO| Plunger
Thank you all, and have a terrific day roleplaying with thing community.

Plunger

1.) I didn't climb up the ladder behind you, I climbed up the back one.
2.) I knew you were in the town, and had my gun raised, and I was specifically looking for you, that and the town IS hostile to me, so why would I NOT have my gun raised?
3.) Did you even read what you said? You just said you'd rather die IC'ly then let me get away with a gun. How does that make any sense?
4.) When I held you hostage, the other guy who you said was, "You're friend", was in Teamspeak with me talking about it, and was completely fine with it.

That, and what is the point of this thread? I don't see what you're trying to do at all.

Oh lol, The first warning thing by the way is a bind.

Steven :D

Plunger is doing it right, my good sir. You are doing it wrong, and from this post you made. I somehow think that you are more item-hungry than RP-hungry.

D33tly

1 I'd still hear the ladder.

3 if someone took something of mine, and im dieing. Ill try taking his ass with me.

D33tly

Quote from: Steven :D on 03-08-2011
Plunger is doing it right, my good sir. You are doing it wrong, and from this post you made. I somehow think that you are more item-hungry than RP-hungry.
Uh... wtf? How does me (ic) hating him for taking my shit mean im item hungry?

Plunger

Oh, I forgot, I'm the Light Brown Hair description, and Dante in LOOC. Deetly is John.

engerius

I'm no rocket surgeon, but isn't this just a petty argument between a kid who doesn't want to lose guns and a kid who wants more guns and doesn't really better the quality of the roleplay of the server, or develop a person's character in any way, which is what should be the goal of roleplay?

Plunger

I still don't see the point of this thread.

D33tly

Ok, 2 things. 1 you were all about I need guns, since you robbed new people of their guns. 2 don't care bout guns I care about powergaming.

ThY

Quote from: engerius on 03-08-2011
I'm no rocket surgeon, but isn't this just a petty argument between a kid who doesn't want to lose guns and a kid who wants more guns and doesn't really better the quality of the roleplay of the server, or develop a person's character in any way, which is what should be the goal of roleplay?

Where is the like button? Good post, sir!

Tom

[/quote]
Quote from: D33tly on 03-08-2011

1.) He climbed a ladder (Which i heard) so i began typing then he turns the corner and i wasnt done yet so i just stoppped it all and pulled up my gun (Bad on my part) So admin tells us to re-do it and he restarts from ontop of the roof instead of the bottom of the ladder.[/font][/size]
You where not typing at all yo where just idling I flew past you and didn't see "Performing" or "Talking" or any of that over your head. You litterally just raised your gun instantly with no attempt to RP.

2.) He uses "Turns the corner and pulls a gun on the man" Now i don't think the first thing you do when you turn a corner is pull a gun on a man, in the middle of a town, when that man has a shot gun and you have a pistol. (I know that they are both guns yada yada, but a shotgun is more intimidating.)

If you have the balls to walk into the town of people that hate you, and you don't want to get your ass shot he would pull his gun out on you. Though Plungers IC reasons for going to town I have to check, I don't know WHY he would deliberately go into his enemys town just to rob people in it, so if your argument is Fear RP then that may be where you would start, not with the "He raised his gun before me, he wouldn't do that cause I have a shotgun!"

3.) He just RPs picking up the gun then runs off, giving me no time to try and slow him down. Yes, i was shot. But everyone forget about an adrenaline rush, that thing keeps you going even through pain if it is enough. So if i hate that guys guts, and i want to kill him any way possible, ill give my life jumping on him to slow him down. But no, he wouldn't let me do that and he just runs off with my gun.

So your saying, even with a gunshot wound to an area that houses TONS of organs, that you would not be dead/dieing, and that you wouldn't feel pain and that you could totally run and jump off a roof to tackle him? Sorry but adrenaline isn't some mystical wizard magic in the human bloodstream that allows you to shrug off bullets, the picking up of your gun to aim it at the door was acceptable, but the argument that you would be able to run and jump on him is not, the Chest is not some bullet proof empty cavity. Now it would be a different case if he shot you in the shoulder, however you and him agreed that you where shot in the CHEST.

[/size]4.) Not shown in the logs, but when me and my friend were searching for him (We both were armed with shotguns) he comes and holds me hostage. What. the. fuck? If all you have is a pistol, and you see two guys with shotguns you run like hell. Now the only two possible reasons would be: A.) he is mentally insane (IC) but that is not the case since an insane person would have killed me. or B.) he has the biggest fucking balls on the entire planet, as in so large they could could for a continent. and he doesn't. So neither of those work.

Well. . . he's sure isn't going to let you find his ass so that you can shoot him anyway, is he? What he did was he climbed into the rafters when you guys came looking for him, when you guys walked in looking for him, you didn't look up or spot him, sohe had the drop on you, literally, and he was able to hop down and take you hostage.

Quote from: Plunger on 03-08-2011
4.) When I held you hostage, the other guy who you said was, "You're friend", was in Teamspeak with me talking about it, and was completely fine with it.

That too

Heh, im not sure what Plungers goals are, but good point

On that note Im locking the thread.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Silver Knight

This.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period