Our Base

Started by Madcombat, 26-11-2011

Madcombat

Ok, so under the recent events of attack and so forth other guarding problems, I think it'd be best if we moved our location more further away from the City.

Let me list the problems with the city:
There are multiple flanks the enemy can enter from.
We're sharing our HQ with a trading company.
We're under manned lot of the time to cover an entire city
We're under equipped to sustain attacks from the Enclave who wear power armour unlike us who are 70% initiates with combat Armour.
We're right next to the Enclave base.

Other reasons:
Canon wise the Brotherhood would like the idea of being alone and away from the business of Waste lander, either so to hold a city is not a place to launch attacks/patrols from since it demands a good amount of cover over it.

I really don't think the base location was thought about, so might I advise we take up the mine near the River, that way we can be more hidden as well as make the city more interesting and dangerous.  We'd likely have our odd skirmish here and there since the city would be directly between us and the Enclave.

I do hope this is thought about carefully, as we really cant hold a location like the city.

StickyWicket

+Support

Storm_Shield

I agree, your base is easy to raid and sharing with a trading company, The Brotherhood should be alone and have more protection.

+Support
I'm back from the dead...

Doomburger

Name a battle we've lost and an operation we've failed and you'll have my support.

And while canon may dictate that the brotherhood is rather antisocial, sitting in a cave with no one around will hardly be any fun. I, for one, prefer having fun rather than perfectly imitating the games.

Turkey

Why arnt the brotherhood using power armor? only initiates use that type of armor.. [combat and or recon].

This is not fallout, blasphemy

Doomburger

Quote from: Turkey on 27-11-2011
Why arnt the brotherhood using power armor? only initiates use that type of armor.. [combat and or recon].

This is not fallout, blasphemy

Er, we ARE using power armor, just that I'm the only non-initiate other than Picto and Spades right now.

Plunger

Why not just make a good looking base.

nKe

I dont think theres many base-like areas left to move in, unless BoS likes to chill in our basement.

Madcombat

Quote from: Doomburger on 26-11-2011
Name a battle we've lost and an operation we've failed and you'll have my support.

And while canon may dictate that the brotherhood is rather antisocial, sitting in a cave with no one around will hardly be any fun. I, for one, prefer having fun rather than perfectly imitating the games.

There is a difference between us having fun and our characters being under so much threat.  Its completely unwise of us to even be based in the city from the reasons I've stated above.  And yesterday we entered two fights with a group simply because of the problem with sharing the building Doom.  And besides about the fun, its really much more fun having patrols roam the city while engaging other threats in the city much like what happens in DC.

And lets name something you should remember from yesterday when we went on patrol to the town, as we returned did we not see multiple waste landers leaving our territory putting us under so much suspicion that they had tampered with something?  In short I am going back to the main roots of why its not that wise to be based in the city.  Its too much ground to cover and there's so many points that we can be flanked from.  Realistically we would not be put under so much danger and threat.

Doomburger

My point stands. Firmly. Prove to me that this faction was damaged in any way as a result of the location of our base and I may reconsider. "Fights" do not count unless someone was captured or there were economic consequences.

And really, Madcombat, wastelanders /spawn/ there. What do you expect them to do, fly away? None of what you listed so far makes me believe that moving into a cave will improve anything.

Madcombat

Quote from: Doomburger on 27-11-2011
My point stands. Firmly. Prove to me that this faction was damaged in any way as a result of the location of our base and I may reconsider. "Fights" do not count unless someone was captured or there were economic consequences.

And really, Madcombat, wastelanders /spawn/ there. What do you expect them to do, fly away? None of what you listed so far makes me believe that moving into a cave will improve anything.

That just furthers my reasons, why the hell would we pick a location where Wastelanders spawn?  And I can assure you moving away will improve things.  And to further the matter, those fights we get into are getting so problematic that an admin is having to deal with those situations.

Blake.H

You're not moving, your role at the moment is to be the wastelanders care-bear until we get a decent sized player base group.

There are no two ways about it. Locked.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"