I think we should set one up, put one of the admins in charge, and lay some ground rules.
Now in the interesting world of Fallout, obviously the vast majority of mutants (except Ghouls) are out to KILL you. However, at the same time, every now and then there's a creature that isn't bloodthirsty and has its own unique personality. Problem is, if EVERYONE is running around as a friendly mutant, then it hurts the mood in another way.
So I'm going to contact Tom or whoever else can do it to create a Robot and/or Mutant forum to regulate the way in which these mutants will play. The purpose of this thread is to set those ground rules.
Here's my idea so far.
- All non-donator animal characters will be considered special characters and you must go apply for their use.
- Deathclaws and all large animals DO NOT talk. That is unless authorized by an SV. Before anyone bitches, there are canon situations where some of these animals can talk.
- Supermutants are NOT friendly to wastelanders. They are a source of food and reproduction. This can again be overriden by an SV.
- Animals can be tamed, but the bigger the animal, the more it's probably going to murder you. Animal taming must either be authorized by an SV, or the character created pre-tamed, authed by an SV.
- Brahmin characters are essentially glorified pack mules for other players' stuff. Being how shitty the roleplay is with them, you're only allowed to play a Brahmin if you are RPing for a friend who is a trader, that trader can actually buy you, and it's all authorized by an SV. Traders should understand that admins will not be responsible for any lost or stolen goods should you choose a greedy asshole as your brahmin player.
- Robots should try to find themselves an owner either before they create their character, or start off as a rogue bot that either engages all targets on sight, or (in less likely cases) engages nothing and is completely harmless. Both prior examples resulting from a broken targeting system, which any future owner must repair. Robots can be ICly recruited into factions. However, I'm also going to try and limit how many of what robots people get to avoid anyone having an army of Sentry Bots which are basically glorified tanks. That being said, I may also limit Sentry Bot IC movement in some situations.
So yea. Discuss.