Fallout Roleplay: Suggestions and Requests Thread

Started by Paintcheck, 07-03-2011

Paintcheck

Post them here.

EDIT: POSTING "Put the server up NAOW" is not a request or suggestion. It will be up when it's up. Stop spamming.

lolKieck

I don't know if it was implemented, but rather than making a Pipe Rifle from 3 junks, make it that you need to craft the special components of the weapon with junk, after that make the weapon itself.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Dug

Bandits and mercs in the wasteland, wonderful.
Just when I thought there would be a place to run away from it all.
This isn't stalker. The roll of bandits, mercs and your wonderful stalkers from SRP.
Is filled by yours truely! The wastelanders.

Paintcheck

I agree with Dug (wow that's 2 posts of his in a week I haven't objected to with every fiber of existence I possess. How unexpected.) on the merc part. Not so much the bandit part but a greater emphasis on just being a wastelander trying to eek out a living would be nice instead of "must rob everyone in order to purchase bestest gunz!1!1!1!!" that STALKER turned into.

Dug

Quote from: Paintcheck on 08-03-2011
"must rob everyone in order to purchase bestest gunz!1!1!1!!" that STALKER turned into.

This.

nKe

Quote from: Dug on 08-03-2011
Quote from: Paintcheck on 08-03-2011
"must rob everyone in order to purchase bestest gunz!1!1!1!!" that STALKER turned into.

This.

That.
Well lets hope that FoRP wont end up being a massive grindfest for best gear

Recreas

Wouldn't those sadistic raiders be in the group of Bandits?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Dug

Play fallout 1, raiders are not hostile all the time nor do they want to kill all the time.
But they will if the want to, they are generally people with a dicky attitude who live well by
stealing and killing(Shady Sands, the girl was kidnaped for ransom).

They'll stay in their base or whatever until they see they won't last long.
Then they gather them selves do what they have to do then back to druging, alcoholization and etc.

This doesn't render them as mindless killers like in FO3 who just go off and
"YEEEEEEAAAAAAH KICK ASS!" which I find terrifically epic fail.

So yes bandit = raider, however raider doesn't have to necessairly rob you or kill you.
At some point bandit is not equal to a raider. However, not all raider groups are the same.
They are all different. There's not a big large group of them where they all know each other.
And somehow love each other(FO3 much?). There are different groups and they will gladly cut each others throats again dependant on how the group works.

My point? There is no such thing as bandits in FO universe, there is only raiders.
The bandits role is filled by wastelanders. No the wastelanders aren't holy virgins every single one of them is different. Some of them might be your bandits, while some might be good guys up for a drink, the rest taking the path of mercs and probably making something like talon company.

However forming a group of "bandits" in the wasteland you would be considered a raider.
It's like a modernized word for bandits.

Paintcheck

The tl;dr of this is

Don't lolbandit, don't try and "win" don't try to get "the bestest shit ever solely because it is the bestest"

RG4ORDR

The only mercs I ever seen are Caravan guards,or bodyguards
Bandits can be anyone if not everyone not matter what way
er

darkzerxx

Have merchants/ traders been setup?
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Recreas

Quote from: darkzerxx on 10-03-2011

Yea, I got something set up for trading.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

darkzerxx

Quote from: Recreas on 10-03-2011

Can't wait to apply, I love trading on srp I hope it will be even better.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Silver Knight

Donation "flags" like raiders, mercs and bandits are "placeholder" donation flags. Their soul aim is to allow a donator to easily create a preset character with gear. That's how it worked in stalker and how it will work here. You can make a raider\bandit\merc on your own accord without them.

Mercs are basically groups like talon company "Bounty hunters, hired gunmen etc"
Bandits are basically like raiders but people who prey on wastelanders for money. Big deal.

Quote from: lolKieck on 08-03-2011
I don't know if it was implemented, but rather than making a Pipe Rifle from 3 junks, make it that you need to craft the special components of the weapon with junk, after that make the weapon itself.

There will be crafting for some ammo types (bullets mostly) - pipe bombs,  traps and such. Some player made weapons too and maybe one or two suits. Obviously repairing items like weapons and suits (when i dig in and code it - i have a headache already).

Quote from: Recreas on 10-03-2011

Can't wait to apply, I love trading on srp I hope it will be even better.

Basically what i want to do before i allow some access to trading is: Hide the value of items, reduce sell value to 10% through menu (Making players want to sell items they find\have to other players rather than just selling it through the menu. Also at the same time i want it to times the price of the item by 2 when buying through the menu - to avoid "menu buying items". The economy should be built on avaliablity of what you can find on the wastes and not out of a buisness menu.

For that im going to make a new item spawning system which will spawn off of rarity to locations set into the map on a timer. We already have the trash base which will also be used for some "lesser" items. I might make a protectocon npc that you can sell trash to (Avoiding the instant sell trash option).

For now though i and one or two other admins will spawn items around the wasteland for people to find. Ive probably given out at least 1000 items already.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Dug

QuoteBandits are basically like raiders but people who prey on wastelanders for money. Big deal.

Raiders do that too.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Dug on 11-03-2011
QuoteBandits are basically like raiders but people who prey on wastelanders for money. Big deal.

Raiders do that too.

Your missing the "kill and mutilate part".

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Dug

Raiders don't have to necessairly multilate or kill.
Like I stated before it's all dependant on the clan.
The fallout 3 raiders, epicly failed looking back at FO 1.

Ragolution

Suggestion: Give the BoS some armor.

Turkey

Quote from: Ragolution on 12-03-2011
Suggestion: Give the BoS some armor.

Yes. This is a good suggestion +support

irondeity

Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Frostee

+Support on the BoS Power Armor as well

Rebel6609

Power armor is good, I support this. However, we need a trader or SOME supplier. We have practically no ammo.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Ravanger

That be nice if they got their gear,considering there faction is based upon tech and so forth +. I do think the bandit/radier thing could be changed.

Cutch

They have laseres, thats dumb.

Anyway, BoS obviously won't be able to handle power armor if their Head Guardian freaks out and shoots the tax collector who is taxing them for the fucking bunker that they are renting.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Turkey

Quote from: Cutch on 12-03-2011
They have laseres, thats dumb.

Anyway, BoS obviously won't be able to handle power armor if their Head Guardian freaks out and shoots the tax collector who is taxing them for the fucking bunker that they are renting.

I just lol'd