Fallout Roleplay: Suggestions and Requests Thread

Started by Paintcheck, 07-03-2011

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

Like what the HL2 and STALKER servers have where it shows the ping and player count on the forums.

Pink!

I have spent five to six hours wandering the Wastes, looking for items or roleplay. In that time, I have found one Microfusion Cell, and a few pieces of meat. In that time, I haven't had any roleplay that lasted longer than ten minutes, or didn't end with my character being killed.

There's no passive at the moment, and no way to progress, and it vaguely depresses me. I wanted to enjoy this server, I really did, but at the moment there is nothing enjoyable. My time on the server consists mostly of me walking around an empty map, looking for someone or something to do.

It... it bores me. It isn't fun.

And I am sorry, because I can tell you spent a large amount of time on it, and I occasionally hear people roleplaying, but as a Wastelander, I cannot see any of it.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Recreas

As a wastelander it's more fun hanging around another faction. So for any passive you would have to go to the FRA or make friends with the BoS.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

jaik

Quote from: Recreas on 18-03-2011
So for any passive you would have to go to the FRA or make friends with the BoS.

The options aren't that limited, look around.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Pink!

I will not say that I am the perfect roleplayer, but I do wander around looking for passive, any form of roleplay.

It does not happen. I get shot, attacked, told to go away, or the person I roleplay with cannot form a coherent sentence (I speak of people who use 'lol' in IC chat, and respond badly if you correct them.)

I have no idea what, exactly, I want, but it is not FORP as it is presently, with NPCs everywhere, no manner or possibility of gaining weaponry, no roleplay... just walking around hoping for something exciting.

It may be the reason I constantly harass the Enclave; my mind thinks, "Oh, God, people to roleplay with! Get going over there!"

Cutch

And then you wonder why you get fucking shot/attacked/told to go away? If you're mind is telling you to go to the ENCLAVE to passive, I doubt your intelligence. I've yet to hear any complaints about anyone using "lol" in IC that I haven't banned yet.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Paintcheck

Silver is working on an auto spawn system. Right now admins spawn stashes/things to scavenge so there will be periods of nothing to find when admins either aren't on or are in RPs and unable to go out and spawn stuff. Just be patient and someone will eventually spawn something (I know I have been).

I think the obvious easy fix is to make killing NPCs give you some small amount of caps and make a trader flag/npc that deals only in selling ammo. Would fix that issue easily enough.

Bielecki

Quote from: Pink! on 18-03-2011

I have no idea what, exactly, I want, but it is not FORP as it is presently, with NPCs everywhere, no manner or possibility of gaining weaponry, no roleplay... just walking around hoping for something exciting.

And this is why there is so much arguments and crap happen. Don't blame her Cutch, it's the fault of the game mode that makes everyone so bored, which results in them pulling off stupid stuff.

Glad to see Exile is developing a spawn system, but to be honest I really think there needs to be a mission system. 

Pink!

Quote from: Cutch on 18-03-2011
And then you wonder why you get fucking shot/attacked/told to go away? If you're mind is telling you to go to the ENCLAVE to passive, I doubt your intelligence. I've yet to hear any complaints about anyone using "lol" in IC that I haven't banned yet.

I do not wonder why. I feel it is a bad decision on behalf of the Enclave commanders, and I doubt I am doing it intentionally; I meant to imply that it was a subconscious decision. The fact that I do that, however...

Also, an automated spawn system is not needed. What I would rather have - ten times over, in fact - is someone I could roleplay with. I only had my first in-depth roleplay today. If I go over to the Enclave, it ends with death; Brotherhood talk to you, yet only to tell you to go away, and Frankie's Republic have an irritating habit of walking off when you try to roleplay with them.

Is it canonical? Absolutely.
Is it fun? Not at all.

Paintcheck

Well Pink what would you rather we do as the Enclave then? There is a thread in the Enclave board for suggestions. I am open to new ideas since yes I agree that getting killed every time you come near us is frustrating but at the same time we need to do that to keep up the reputation and fear that should be present during this time period.

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-03-2011
Like what the HL2 and STALKER servers have where it shows the ping and player count on the forums.

Exactly! Thanks paint!

Pink!

Quote from: Paintcheck on 18-03-2011
Well Pink what would you rather we do as the Enclave then? There is a thread in the Enclave board for suggestions. I am open to new ideas since yes I agree that getting killed every time you come near us is frustrating but at the same time we need to do that to keep up the reputation and fear that should be present during this time period.

If I had a solution, Paintcheck, I would give it to you. At least we can agree that it is a problem, though.

Pink!

Okay, random idea:

Enclave are meant to be heavily diplomatic, correct? Let them give Wastelanders who get to close stupid jobs that they wouldn't risk doing themselves, with the reward being their lives, "plus some caps if they don't mess it up."

Creates a reason to roleplay with them, and adds some things for new people to do, right?

Recreas

Okay, random idea:

Enclave are meant to be heavily diplomatic, correct? Let them give Wastelanders who get to close stupid jobs that they wouldn't risk doing themselves, with the reward being their lives, "plus some caps if they don't mess it up."

Creates a reason to roleplay with them, and adds some things for new people to do, right?

Why would you even do that? I'd just say I'll take the job and just run off and never return again. On the other side that's usefull because I wouldn't ever return..

Good idea still Enclave aren't heavy diplomatic, they hate wastelanders as most of them are not "pure" (Nazi's)
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Paintcheck

Okay, random idea:

Enclave see wastelanders as BELOW human and only fit for extermination or slavery. They aren't going to pay anyone anything (see the Encalve article on the FO wiki). There are a few RARE cases of the Enclave dealing with slavers (for test subjects) and drug dealers (for Jet) but that is it.

Zombiehunta

What Pink says about Enclave diplomacy is true, just not with the average Wastelander. When the Enclave set up a new base, they create partnerships, albeit one-sided partnerships, with the controlling population. They did it with slavers, Gecko, Vault City and a few others. When they do have an established camp, they (we) will likely be more oblagated to tell you to leave. But that won't be for a while.

Also, if you get lucky and get shoo'd, don't be offended if we yell at you for being idiotic and below human. Because you are. (Don't forget it!)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: Zombiehunta on 18-03-2011
What Pink says about Enclave diplomacy is true, just not with the average Wastelander. When the Enclave set up a new base, they create partnerships, albeit one-sided partnerships, with the controlling population. They did it with slavers, Gecko, Vault City and a few others. When they do have an established camp, they (we) will likely be more oblagated to tell you to leave. But that won't be for a while.

Also, if you get lucky and get shoo'd, don't be offended if we yell at you for being idiotic and below human. Because you are. (Don't forget it!)
Salvatores had a deal with the Enclave in which they gave drugs and slaves for energy weapons calling them undiplomatic is bad
er

meetdadoom

I've told this to Paintcheck millions of times but once in a blue moon an admin with 'T' flags strolls through the zone and rps as a caravan trader.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

lolKieck

Change 9mm Pistol model from N99 10mm to Browning Hi-Power or something else. It's sad that you can't find out if the pistol is 9mm or 10mm.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

jaik

Quote from: lolKieck on 25-03-2011
Change 9mm Pistol model from N99 10mm to Browning Hi-Power or something else. It's sad that you can't find out if the pistol is 9mm or 10mm.

9mm uses HL2 w_ model.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Paintcheck

meetdadoom

More hunting rifle types? I mean I am sorry but assult rifles are pretty hard to come by in the US, hunting weapons however are pretty common.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

RG4ORDR

Quote from: meetdadoom on 25-03-2011
More hunting rifle types? I mean I am sorry but assult rifles are pretty hard to come by in the US, hunting weapons however are pretty common.
We need Remington,Colt,Rutger,etc hunting rifles

er

Nova

So, I was looking around on www.garrysmod.org when I found this map: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=119658
I took a look around in it in singleplayer, and it's a great map, with a pretty good fallout-ish atmosphere. You should consider switching to that map. And it also feature a vault. Pretty cool, huh?
And while I'm at it, maybe someone should try and make this a playermodel for the Enclave? http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=76863