Fallout Roleplay: Suggestions and Requests Thread

Started by Paintcheck, 07-03-2011

Ragolution

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 07-04-2011
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=115223

If you give Kira pink power armor I will love you forever. :D

Also more weapon models for the future.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=117601

See that M1911 Browning Hi Power? How about the revolver? Know all the useless .44 ammo we have lying around? I WANT A .44 PISTOL. :D Though a heavy machine gun or M16 series weapons are nice too. Maybe that shotgun, or that sniper rifle. Actually, just give us the sniper rifle and call it a day. I would pay real money for a freakin' sniper if I didn't lose it every time I died.

We should also probably change the models for ammunition. Things are getting very confusing--and some models are a little awkward such as the Energy Cells or MF cells.

We could easily find plenty of new models--but ultimately new models means new downloads. I'd love to see new things though.

You can try to attempt to begin asking the Brotherhood for Power Armor training.

ITT - Only the BoS and Enclave know how to use Power Armor.

Paintcheck

...and Blake's bandit for no discernible reason.

RG4ORDR

Just take it away. It makes no sense that a bandit should be able to wear power armor
er

Knife_cz

Maybe he is a ex-BoS?no,just kidding,agree bandit should not have power armor,they are just bandits.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: knife_cz on 08-04-2011
Maybe he is a ex-BoS?no,just kidding,agree bandit should not have power armor,they are just bandits.
It makes no sense.
You here a bandit from a region which pretty much has no intelligence like farming,and etc back west no it pretty obvious he wouldn't be able to use the power armor
er

Ragolution

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 08-04-2011
Quote from: knife_cz on 08-04-2011
It makes no sense.
You here a bandit from a region which pretty much has no intelligence like farming,and etc back west no it pretty obvious he wouldn't be able to use the power armor

Local BoS kill anyone who abandons us.

Except Turkey who hides in the lolcave.

meetdadoom

I think everyone is missing a point. It doesn't matter what faction you are affiliated with to use power armor. The only thing you need to use power armor w/o collapsing and/or breaking your back due to the weight of the machine is training. Anyone can use it as long as they train for it.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Ragolution

Quote from: meetdadoom on 12-04-2011
I think everyone is missing a point. It doesn't matter what faction you are affiliated with to use power armor. The only thing you need to use power armor w/o collapsing and/or breaking your back due to the weight of the machine is training. Anyone can use it as long as they train for it.

No.

There's neural interfaces you need to train your brain for, for one thing.
There's other stuff too but I don't care enough to list it.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Ragolution on 12-04-2011
Quote from: meetdadoom on 12-04-2011

No.

There's neural interfaces you need to train your brain for, for one thing.
There's other stuff too but I don't care enough to list it.

^ This.

Plunger

Which is why when it's just the bares bones of the armor, I.E. the Scavenged Power Armor, you only need training, since everything is stripped out, and it's not actually powered.

Khorn

It be nice if someone could pull out the NCR scavanged armor out of NV.

That way you could at least tell the difference instead of needing to look up close.

Ragolution

Quote from: Plunger on 12-04-2011
Which is why when it's just the bares bones of the armor, I.E. the Scavenged Power Armor, you only need training, since everything is stripped out, and it's not actually powered.

The concept of Salvaged Power Armor is stupid.

You're basically only getting the Armor concept and none of the Power.

Plunger

Who would have guessed power armor without any power wouldn't be powered. My god.

Ragolution

Who would have guessed power armor without any power wouldn't be powered. My god.

You're a pretty cool guy, plunger. You avoid the real point of arguments and don't afraid of any admins.

Seriously, don't be so avoidant.

One of the biggest factors of power armor is its ability to make anyone who uses it a walking tank in strength and armor; Power armor allows the wearer to be walking cover and still hold a bazooka like a toothpick.

What I'm getting at is unless the Brotherhood gets tons of Gatlers and Fat Men we'll basically be SWAMPED by other factions having power armor. Six suits of salvaged power armor are an equal match for six full-power suits when they're equally armed. Only if they somehow got into a grapple would the Actual Power Armor have a HUGE advantage and basically be able to throw them away like soda cans.

If I need to paint a picture I will;

Other factions will get more armor than us on the preface of "It's salvaged" but it's just as fucking good, you just don't have the power needed to counter a real suit of Power Armor in a grapple. Other than that, we'll be at a serious disadvantage and if you expect the Brotherhood of Steel to try to grapple everyone they see then you'll be waiting for that to happen for a few thousand years.

Paintcheck

I don't understand why suddenly everything thinks Power Armor will be all over the place?

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-04-2011
I don't understand why suddenly everything thinks Power Armor will be all over the place?

Because it was not two weeks ago.

Plunger

The way I always imagined it is that powered armor would give +2 Strength, because of the servos, and -1 agility, as well as a lot more carry weight, but unpowered/stripped armor would give -2 Strength, because you fight the servos, as well as -2 agility. The only advantage being that it still has about the same damage resistance.

Tom

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-04-2011

Because it was not two weeks ago.

We had 2 in BoS, 2 in FRA, and Blake had some for some reason, so 5 total, out of the 20+ that we used to have in the server, till silver decided "Derp Ill remove the FRA and make the server 100% conflict free, sounds like the best way to go"
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Khorn

Salvaged power armor is nothing more then a suit of armor.

It doesn't provide anything but bullet resistance. It can't add a bigger weight limit, since it isn't powered. It won't give more strength since it isn't powered.

It would only slow down players and limit what they can carry.

It would only increase resistance to bullets and physical damage. Better then combat armor, but that's all.

Quote from: Fallout WikiNCR technicians have restored it to working order by replacing the back-mounted cylinders with a custom air conditioning module and stripping out the joint servomotors, allowing it to be used by soldiers without power armor training.

Salvaged power armor does not require the Power Armor Training perk and does not have the usual +2 strength or 10% Rad resist bonuses of normal T-45d power armor. It retains the -2 agility effect however, and also has a slightly reduced weight and damage threshold.

Not saying it should be added, but if it was, it would not be equal to a working suit of armor.

Ragolution

Quote from: Khorn on 12-04-2011
Salvaged power armor is nothing more then a suit of armor.

It doesn't provide anything but bullet resistance. It can't add a bigger weight limit, since it isn't powered. It won't give more strength since it isn't powered.

It would only slow down players and limit what they can carry.

It would only increase resistance to bullets and physical damage. Better then combat armor, but that's all.

Quote from: Fallout WikiNCR technicians have restored it to working order by replacing the back-mounted cylinders with a custom air conditioning module and stripping out the joint servomotors, allowing it to be used by soldiers without power armor training.

Salvaged power armor does not require the Power Armor Training perk and does not have the usual +2 strength or 10% Rad resist bonuses of normal T-45d power armor. It retains the -2 agility effect however, and also has a slightly reduced weight and damage threshold.

Not saying it should be added, but if it was, it would not be equal to a working suit of armor.

The problem being that it was and for all intents and purposes it was treated as equal for the few times it was used in combat.

Spades_Neil

If it were possible to edit the stats for a power armor item, perhaps tribal armor, and nerf the stats, then viola. 'Scavenged' power armor.

Though I still think it's a little on the silly side. You're better off using standard combat armor. It's more practical.

Paintcheck

It's fucking easy to edit item stats.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Paintcheck on 13-04-2011
It's fucking easy to edit item stats.

Then do it so people quit their bitching. :P

No not really. Like I said, scavenged and thus unpowered power armor is really nothing more than an aesthetic. It isn't very practical.

Paintcheck

It's easy to do if you are the one working on the script. Which only Exile can do right now.

You really don't seem to understand a lot of things about scripting/modeling/administration of servers in general.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Paintcheck on 13-04-2011
It's easy to do if you are the one working on the script. Which only Exile can do right now.

You really don't seem to understand a lot of things about scripting/modeling/administration of servers in general.

Actually I did know that. >_> Scripting and modeling I don't know jack about, you're right. Administration however I've done. Often times people without direct access to the server whether it be via FTP or literally having the files right in front of you on the computer can't do anything more than what is already programmed into the server.

I need to choose my words better apparently.