Fallout Faction Updates

Started by Silver Knight, 13-04-2011

Silver Knight

Ive already explained this to several people and i dont want to continue explaining it.

The Enclave and the BoS have been trying to fill spots that were for main\core factions on the fallout server. However both are rather antisocial to other factions\groups and both grew to the point of going outside their law (Too many players when both were supposed to be small outpost groups)

The Enclave are similar to monolith in the respect that it's an additional faction, it's nice to have but they don't really add much other than, combat, fearrp and an addtional aspect to the wasteland. They keep to themselves. Whereas the BoS are like the ecologists in srp, they are a supportive faction due to trade and somewhat-friendlyness towards wastelanders and other such groups.

Several of us have been 'rackin' our brains over what our core factions can be. Here's 3 idea's ive come up with.

Imperials (Similar to the ncr - militarised like faction) - East Central Republic
Anarchists (Communist like renegades faction) - The Red Militia
Cultist tribals (Has a love for chems,  abit nuts but still civilised) - (Something?)

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

RanmaChan

I still say my Marxist Communist idea for a faction would work perfectly.

And wiping the BoS is going too far, it is unnecessary.  We can chop out people who don't play, and reform ourselves even further, but it doesn't need to be wiped.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

irondeity

The fact of the matter is, Exile expected BoS to be -tiny-, which I believe constitutes to maybe about 5 or 6 people all together. More wasteland groups may sprout up in the shutdown of Enclave as well. Was fun RPing as a prisoner for the short time I was able.

Edit: Example of the 'Party'   One Paladin. One Scribe. 2 Knights. 2 Senior Apprentices. No Order heads and No elders as itd be more of an small outpost group. Which opens the Apocalypse bunker and CRC_Desert bunkers up to wastelanders as a force that small would have no need for either
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

RG4ORDR

THERE ARE NO FUCKING REPUBLICS
Holy shit how are people smart enough to create a republic with any knowledge of government!? It'd be an oligarchy or monarchy due most people wouldn't want to come together and form a congress to rule the land.
No they'd want to fucking get as much power as they could and being waving they dicks everywhere saying "LOOK HOW MUCH LAND AND STUFF I GOT! WHAT DO YOU HAVE!? NOTHING!"
er

Recreas

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 13-04-2011
THERE ARE NO FUCKING REPUBLICS
Holy shit how are people smart enough to create a republic with any knowledge of government!? It'd be an oligarchy or monarchy due most people wouldn't want to come together and form a congress to rule the land.
No they'd want to fucking get as much power as they could and being waving they dicks everywhere saying "LOOK HOW MUCH LAND AND STUFF I GOT! WHAT DO YOU HAVE!? NOTHING!"

Calm down, first of all not all knowledge was lot, and because somehow most people could still read after the war they still could find information from books and etc.

Besides the idea of a government system is easily thought of, the greeks could do it back in their time. It wouldn't be a miracle if somebody could more then 2000 years later.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

RG4ORDR

Still the Republic idea is getting overdone alot
er

Recreas

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 13-04-2011
Still the Republic idea is getting overdone alot

It's a game, besides we have no idea what's happening in this area in the era we're playing.
Maybe that part had fully running towns (very unlikely) and everything.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Agera

Just saying, how about having both. The East Central Republic fighting The Red Militia?

Recreas

Would be a good idea, because Exile said that Enclave = Monolith, BoS = Eco. It still means we need factions like: Duty and Freedom. Duty could for example be those East Central Republic whilst The Red Militia/Tribists could be Freedom.

lolKieck

The tribal faction should be the one of Ragolution's. He had a good idea.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Ragolution

I'm calling 'dibs' on anything resembling a communist faction.

Wolfinton

I suggest some form of Monarchy faction, that would actually be pretty intresting if pulled off correctly.

I call the monarchy faction, if it does come into play.
Pink doesn't make me gay, it makes you homophobic.

Aresty

But since we're making up random monarchies and republics, why the hell Enclave and BoS can't be in the numbers they want to be ?

Ragolution

Please don't claim anything or say you'll make something if you don't have a clear idea of what you're going to do.
Right now, I have an extensive backstory for  the minor faction I'm making.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Aresty on 14-04-2011
But since we're making up random monarchies and republics, why the hell Enclave and BoS can't be in the numbers they want to be ?

Because it leads to retardedness where the Enclave stays small like they are supposed to and the BoS turns into the STALKER military and kills the server due to being so massive that no one can fight it.

EDIT: Who the fuck deleted my earlier post? I'll summarize it: Why are you all trying to create a STALKERish feel to the factions here? HGN has a STALKER server, play there. FO wasn't supposed to be STALKER: Shadow of Kentucky, it was supposed to be different. A lot of you are calling for factions to be "Like Freedom" or "like Duty". That doesn't make sense, there is a STALKER server up if you want to do that.

mxh24

Nice idea exile.. Would be good to have someone other than BoS... Because that is the only real faction that lets wasters in :P

"When in doubt, mumble."

Tom

My main is gone, sadface. . .

Though I do see 1 duty and 1 freedom like faction up there.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

Post 10000 here. W00t.

Looks like this communist thing is happening.

RanmaChan

Happening by who?  Cause me and Ragolution were going to implement it ourselves.  Lol.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 14-04-2011
Happening by who?  Cause me and Ragolution were going to implement it ourselves.  Lol.

Shhh shhh don't spoil it

Aresty

Quote from: Paintcheck on 14-04-2011
Quote from: Aresty on 14-04-2011

Because it leads to retardedness where the Enclave stays small like they are supposed to and the BoS turns into the STALKER military and kills the server due to being so massive that no one can fight it.

EDIT: Who the fuck deleted my earlier post? I'll summarize it: Why are you all trying to create a STALKERish feel to the factions here? HGN has a STALKER server, play there. FO wasn't supposed to be STALKER: Shadow of Kentucky, it was supposed to be different. A lot of you are calling for factions to be "Like Freedom" or "like Duty". That doesn't make sense, there is a STALKER server up if you want to do that.

But.. you just said that BoS would turn out as STALKER Military, so your kinda doing the samething.

Paintcheck

Which if you would READ I said that that is not a good thing.

Would be nice if people didn't read the first sentence of half my posts and go "ZOMG contradictioN!1!!1!one!!!"

Ralazo

BoS ALREADY turned out as SRP Military, huge, only caring about weaponry and gear and dominating the wasteland.

Ragolution

Quote from: Ralazo on 15-04-2011
BoS ALREADY turned out as SRP Military, huge, only caring about weaponry and gear and dominating the wasteland.

Because once we realised there was multiple factions spurred against us, we had the choice to either thrive or die.

Ralazo

Why do you feel attacked again? It's unnecessary to respond to my post.