Fallout Event Proposals

Started by Pepsigod, 05-12-2011

Pepsigod

Hey all, on request from spades I'm making this thread to gather your event Ideas on what we can have on the weekends and the week days. Within this thread we also ask for you to give your ideas for a "Weekly Event" so to speak, meaning a general story-line for that week.

Keep all ideas serious and legitimate topics, they will be considered for a week long event, week end event, general event or a mini-event. This will allow us to keep the server fun, and potentially improve player base.

We thank you for your Ideas in the long run.

nKe

Week 1.
Army of super mutants are raiding the area.

Week 2.
Nuclear weapon detonates in middle of BoS base.

Not sure about second one but... First one has been around in my mind for a while.

lolKieck

And it all helps to develop the passive RP ability in our playerbase.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Spades_Neil

Quote from: lolKieck on 06-12-2011
And it all helps to develop the passive RP ability in our playerbase.

This.

Also I approve of this thread. Just try to keep the ideas sensible. With four admins and a decent playerbase (finally) I think we'll have plenty of ideas floating around among us.

Storm_Shield

Idea: Enclave leader (Highest Ranking Unit) meets Brotherhood leader, which equals to a sneak attack from the brotherhood and they take him hostage and bring him back to base and then giant battle Brotherhood vs Enclave.
I'm back from the dead...

bohi

Quote from: Storm_Shield on 06-12-2011
Idea: Enclave leader (Highest Ranking Unit) meets Brotherhood leader, which equals to a sneak attack from the brotherhood and they take him hostage and bring him back to base and then giant battle Brotherhood vs Enclave.

It's for a story line and to improve passiveRP. A huge battle isn't really passiveRP. Although, I could see how it could end up like this:

-Enclave vs. BoS

-They drag the huge battle to a nearby village

-Adds fear of an attack to the village

Idk but...  Yeah.

lolKieck

Quote from: bohi on 06-12-2011
Quote from: Storm_Shield on 06-12-2011

It's for a story line and to improve passiveRP. A huge battle isn't really passiveRP. Although, I could see how it could end up like this:

-Enclave vs. BoS

-They drag the huge battle to a nearby village

-Adds fear of an attack to the village

Idk but...  Yeah.
Fear RP is extinct. And it's not passive RP. Passive RP is DEVELOPING your character in a non-combat way (ie. talking or doing something).
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

jaik

a fear of losing your items, not life.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Mr. Pink

Quote from: Jake on 08-12-2011
a fear of losing your items, not life.

It's difficult to put a fear of losing your life into a video game...
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.

D33tly

These might be stupid, but you said to give ideas:

- Some chemical/radiation/fairy dust spreads around major parts of the place, forcing people to move, get a gas mask, or something else

- Massive group of raiders attack Blue Rock Estate or anywhere else

- Large stash of items is found in the mine or somewhere

- Very well equip trader comes around, selling for higher then everyone else's prices (this is more for passive haggling and buying)

- The ghoul population rises extremely, making it unsafe to leave (more unsafe then usual)

Those are my ideas, give feedback.

jaik

Quote from: D33tly on 10-12-2011
These might be stupid, but you said to give ideas:

- Some chemical/radiation/fairy dust spreads around major parts of the place, forcing people to move, get a gas mask, or something else
uh what
the air is already poisonous and environment is filled with radiation

- Massive group of raiders attack Blue Rock Estate or anywhere else
extremely original /sarcasm
npc spam

- Large stash of items is found in the mine or somewhere
random encounter

- Very well equip trader comes around, selling for higher then everyone else's prices (this is more for passive haggling and buying)
random encounter, way too minor

- The ghoul population rises extremely, making it unsafe to leave (more unsafe then usual)
npc spam, no rp involved

Those are my ideas, give feedback.

Mr. Pink

Here's my tweak on the ghoul population rise thing... Perhaps a prolonged siege of a certain building/area by ghouls... The people invloved would be forced to work together to face ruin or salvation in the wake of a seemingly undefeatable mass of enemies that they would never be able to be defeated with normal means. This would lead to not only problem-solving rp but rationing/supply shortage rp and possibly some interesting social interactions due to being enclosed with people in a small space with high tensions for a prolonged period of time.

INA7HAN

Idea: People start to go missing around the area of the mine. Someone (trader, BoS, random person or what ever) places a reward to whoever finds out whats been happening. The players will find clues which will lead them to the actual mine. When they enter they find out that it's a ant nest and are attacked. Everyone fights there way through the mine to the ant queen. Kill queen get reward. Just an idea

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Spades_Neil

Quote from: INA7HAN on 11-12-2011
Idea: People start to go missing around the area of the mine. Someone (trader, BoS, random person or what ever) places a reward to whoever finds out whats been happening. The players will find clues which will lead them to the actual mine. When they enter they find out that it's a ant nest and are attacked. Everyone fights there way through the mine to the ant queen. Kill queen get reward. Just an idea

Certainly an idea I can work off of, but I always like to throw people for a loop. Maybe it'll be the Ant Queen, maybe it won't! :O Gotta keep you all guessing. I like the idea, though.

It's also something we can actually roleplay instead of just shooting stuff all day long. We've fixed numerous bugs in FORP, added new content to make things interesting, got loads of new players like never before, our admin team is actually very good, and now all that's left to do is teach people how to passive roleplay and why it's more fun than just killing stuff.

INA7HAN

Also by the mine there are two shacks which can be if you do do it where the people went missing

Mr. Pink

Quote from: INA7HAN on 12-12-2011
Also by the mine there are two shacks which can be if you do do it where the people went missing

This event is already in motion and has been for a few days... It's getting creepy...

INA7HAN

Quote from: Mr. Pink on 14-12-2011
Quote from: INA7HAN on 12-12-2011

This event is already in motion and has been for a few days... It's getting creepy...
Really never even noticed

pilot

I have a small idea, a nuke alarm is heard all over the wasteland, the people who find safety survive, the people who don't die. After the nuke is set off it would be cool to see what people do to get back into business in the wasteland. This is just a small idea I was thinking of before.

Frostee

Quote from: pilot on 31-12-2011
I have a small idea, a nuke alarm is heard all over the wasteland, the people who find safety survive, the people who don't die. After the nuke is set off it would be cool to see what people do to get back into business in the wasteland. This is just a small idea I was thinking of before.

So how does this nuke come to be?

Khorn

Lone Wanderer sets off the bomb in Scrap Castle(Megaton).

Snazzy

Quote from: Khorn on 31-12-2011

Will it harm Harper's Landing?
I had my second chance and I selfishly blew it for petty revenge on people who didn't even deserve it. I abused Exile's trust in me and now I'm banned forever. :(

StickyWicket

Quote from: halokiller38 on 31-12-2011

It was obviously a joke, halo.

Snazzy

Quote from: StickyWicket on 31-12-2011

Okay I knew it was obviously a joke. No one could be the Lone Wanderer >:)
I had my second chance and I selfishly blew it for petty revenge on people who didn't even deserve it. I abused Exile's trust in me and now I'm banned forever. :(

jaik

Quote from: StickyWicket on 31-12-2011

No one could be the Lone Wanderer

You guys really like to have fun around here don't you

Khorn

Well he is right, Lone Wanderer died in the bomb explosion.