Brotherhood of Steel Questionshack

Started by Ragolution, 26-12-2010

Ragolution

If you have questions/suggestions, put them here and they will be viewed and reviewed and replied to summarily.

Turkey

I like the simple text roster, It's a lot better then the fancy one, I think it should become the main roster

Ragolution

Quote from: Turkey on 26-12-2010
I like the simple text roster, It's a lot better then the fancy one, I think it should become the main roster

Noted.

Turkey

Also, Are we gonna have a big base like the citadel, And a huge intro flying in? ;o

Ragolution

Quote from: Turkey on 27-12-2010
Also, Are we gonna have a big base like the citadel, And a huge intro flying in? ;o

1. Hopefully.
2. Probably not.

Khorn

I'd suggest to put the Ranks into an order too.

Just in case you guys get more players.

Ragolution

Quote from: Khorn on 27-12-2010
I'd suggest to put the Ranks into an order too.

Just in case you guys get more players.

Reread the info and application threads sometime, I really reworked them.

Khorn

When I say order, I just mean have it separated too. Don't make just a large list for your roster.

Ragolution

Quote from: Khorn on 28-12-2010
When I say order, I just mean have it separated too. Don't make just a large list for your roster.

Fair enough. So noted. May do so.

Turkey

IC message board. Suggestion

Ragolution

Faxxon

I hope the BoS follow the principles on what makes a BoS; we have little consideration or care for outsiders lives and only hold high respects for our brothers.

We will do anything to obtain tech even with murderous ambitions, we must demonstrate we are a force to be reckoned with.

BoS keep themselves hidden as much as possbile to avoid revealing themselves. Patrols should only be sent out to aquire tech from confirmed sites.

I hope we in-corporate "The Chain that Binds" into this BoS, we its a vital functioning part of their society and command structure.

Scribes are not entitled to become Elder unless under extreme pardon from the majority of the brotherhood.

Turkey

Quote from: Faxxon on 04-01-2011
I hope the BoS follow the principles on what makes a BoS; we have little consideration or care for outsiders lives and only hold high respects for our brothers.

We will do anything to obtain tech even with murderous ambitions, we must demonstrate we are a force to be reckoned with.

BoS keep themselves hidden as much as possbile to avoid revealing themselves. Patrols should only be sent out to aquire tech from confirmed sites.

I hope we in-corporate "The Chain that Binds" into this BoS, we its a vital functioning part of their society and command structure.

Scribes are not entitled to become Elder unless under extreme pardon from the majority of the brotherhood.

About hiding, this is not NV RP. ;\

Faxxon

Rephrase, BoS DON'T operate as a whole entity, there are seperate chapters. But I'm sure theres a strict code in which all BoS follow as they all have similar goals.

Ragolution

To clarify we do abide to this, MOSTLY.

The exception is we might go to extremer lengths if we see something like a full 51d battle suit or anything like that. Also, a bit more ruthless/aggressive than the East Coast BoS.

Cutch

These two points seem contradictory. If you are demonstrating to be a hostile force that shouldn't be reckoned with, it will make people more ambitious to figure out your location. Therefore, it would be better to be subtle and acquire tech through either third parties or disguised knights/paladins. Remember that this chapter is merely an expeditionary force and does not have the backing it does in California where it was on par with NCR for the most part.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Ragolution

Quote from: Cutch on 05-01-2011

These two points seem contradictory. If you are demonstrating to be a hostile force that shouldn't be reckoned with, it will make people more ambitious to figure out your location. Therefore, it would be better to be subtle and acquire tech through either third parties or disguised knights/paladins. Remember that this chapter is merely an expeditionary force and does not have the backing it does in California where it was on par with NCR for the most part.

So what you're saying is... you're a complete and total faggot?

We're basically on par with the Nevada wasteland guys, right?

Regardless of situation, I know how we're gunna play this. I think.

We're definitely going to be slightly hidden; The greedy tech-jews in the power armor pretending they're batman... but that'll totally escalate to more-hidden as soon as we actually discover the Enclave is halfway up our ass.

Ragolution

This thread is still open for questions;

The identity of the Brotherhood is more ruthless than this tends to depict.

Zombiehunta

Alright, I just want to clearify something. You are not on par with the Neveda Brotherhood. They don't even exist yet, unless the time-line has changed. When I say they don't exist, I mean the one you know in New Vegas doesn't exist. Another thing. The Brotherhood is slowly dieing and low on resources. This means a Brotherhood force this far out is VERY low on resources. You probably have very few T-51b's, or other power armors. Most Brotherhood who are high ranked in this area will be wearing the clunky, outdated T-45d's. All others will be wearing standard Brotherhood Combat or Recon armor. Unless, somehow, you stumbled on some secret base, that is, which I heavily doubt. Another thing, the Brotherhood shoudl try it's best to not be secretive and get as many allies as possible. The Brotherhood mentality at the moment is more along the lines of allies mean power. Take a lesson from your Colorado brothers, who I imagine you would be most like, just with more aspiration for technology. You may even want to try to get tribals and wastelanders to search for you. A good way to do this is by, when a person wants to join, have them do a task like this for you. Remember Glow? Like that. Limit the number of members actually from the West. This would obviously go along with an application. As for the Enclave. Your much stronger brothers in California were scared to death of the Enclave. They had very little power against them, and members who spoke out against the Enclave were quickly silenced by none other than your friendly black steel killers. Now, the Enclave here will probably be weaker than the Posieden cluster of death back West, but they'll still be heavily trained and well armored. Remember who you're dealing with. The Enclave would send none other than a Verti-Recon Squad to this area, and they have no trouble fighting. The Brotherhood's best bet may just be some kind of diplomatic cease-fire, if you even find the Enclave. Now, I'm just speaking from opinions, but from the point of time we're in, the Enclave have all the resources they need. I understand you want to be ruthless killers for technology, but you will have no success if you don't forge alliances, especially with the wastelanders. You won't be getting too much help from the West, either. They have their own problems. I've voiced mainly everything I want to say here, so, please comment on it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Ragolution

Quote from: Zombiehunta on 27-02-2011
Alright, I just want to clearify something. You are not on par with the Neveda Brotherhood. They don't even exist yet, unless the time-line has changed. When I say they don't exist, I mean the one you know in New Vegas doesn't exist.

Already knew that.

QuoteAnother thing. The Brotherhood is slowly dieing and low on resources. This means a Brotherhood force this far out is VERY low on resources.

I don't see your evidence to the Brotherhood's death, at all.

QuoteYou probably have very few T-51b's, or other power armors. Most Brotherhood who are high ranked in this area will be wearing the clunky, outdated T-45d's.

Yeah, already knew we'd be in 45ds. You and I actually discussed this.

QuoteAll others will be wearing standard Brotherhood Combat or Recon armor.

Or back at the base, doing more important stuff.

QuoteUnless, somehow, you stumbled on some secret base, that is, which I heavily doubt. Another thing, the Brotherhood shoudl try it's best to not be secretive and get as many allies as possible. The Brotherhood mentality at the moment is more along the lines of allies mean power.

I can see where this comes from, but the only possible ally in the region is the Enclave.

QuoteTake a lesson from your Colorado brothers, who I imagine you would be most like, just with more aspiration for technology. You may even want to try to get tribals and wastelanders to search for you.

I like this. A page out of the Capitol Wasteland Outcast's book.

QuoteA good way to do this is by, when a person wants to join, have them do a task like this for you. Remember Glow? Like that. Limit the number of members actually from the West. This would obviously go along with an application.

I never ever ever said people HAD to be from the West. AT ALL.

QuoteAs for the Enclave. Your much stronger brothers in California were scared to death of the Enclave. They had very little power against them, and members who spoke out against the Enclave were quickly silenced by none other than your friendly black steel killers.
We don't even know you exist.

QuoteNow, the Enclave here will probably be weaker than the Posieden cluster of death back West, but they'll still be heavily trained and well armored. Remember who you're dealing with. The Enclave would send none other than a Verti-Recon Squad to this area, and they have no trouble fighting.

I could argue against that.
QuoteThe Brotherhood's best bet may just be some kind of diplomatic cease-fire, if you even find the Enclave.

hahahatheenclavewillneveragreetothatwhatareyoucrazy

QuoteNow, I'm just speaking from opinions, but from the point of time we're in, the Enclave have all the resources they need. I understand you want to be ruthless killers for technology, but you will have no success if you don't forge alliances, especially with the wastelanders.

Hahahahaallieswiththewastelanderswhatareyoucrazy

QuoteYou won't be getting too much help from the West, either. They have their own problems. I've voiced mainly everything I want to say here, so, please comment on it.

Done.

Zombiehunta

As for the Brotherhood's death, look at Fallout 2. They were just about on the brink of nonexistance due to them gaining enemies. Also, I didn't say you weren't going to recruit in that way. I was just saying it in case. As for the Enclave cease-fire, what do you think they did in Fallout 2? The Enclave agreed not to destroy the Brotherhood if the Brotherhood didn't fight them. The alliances...well, obviously the Brotherhood originally had allies. The Colorado chapter actually started to gain allies when they agreed to protect them. I know you probably won't do this, but it's reasonable. Wastelanders as allies would be a great thing. Another example from the Colorado chapter, or the Western Brotherhood. The West had outposts in many of the cities that would allow them. They could keep men as diplomats like that. It was great to have allies. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that they'd be back at base, doing more important stuff. I said your entire brotherhood will mostly be wearing combat armor, as that is much, much, much, much easier to find. You know that, of course, but I'm trying my best to keep away from every member having T-45d's, as most would have combat armor. Refrence that to Fallout 1.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Ragolution

As for the Brotherhood's death, look at Fallout 2. They wer ejust about on the brink of nonexistance due to them gaining enemies. Also, I didn't say you weren't going to recruit in that way. I was just saying it in case. As for the Enclave cease-fire, what do you think they did in Fallout 2? The Enclave agreed not to destroy the Brotherhood if the Brotherhood didn't fight them. The alliances...well, obviously the Brotherhood originally had allies. The Colorado chapter actually started to gain allies when they agreed to protect them. I know you probably won't do this, but it's reasonable. Wastelanders as allies would be a great thing. Another example from the Colorado chapter, or the Western Brotherhood. The West had outposts in many of the cities that would allow them. They could keep men as diplomats like that. It wa sgreat to have allies. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that they'd be back at base, doing more important stuff. I said your entire brotherhood will mostly be wearing combat armor, as that is much, much, much, much easier to find. You know that, of course, but I'm trying my best to keep away from every member having T-45d's, as most would have combat armor. Refrence that to Fallout 1.

<saracasm>

FUCK IT. ALL MEMBERS HAVE 51Ds AND GAUSS RIFLES
WHAT THE FUCK
NOT GAUSS RIFLES, TESLA CANNONS.
HYBRID GAUSS-TESLA-PLASMA EMITTERS
THAT SHOOT LIBERTY PRIME-STYLE NUKES WITH THE SPEED OF A LASER.
AND FUCK 51Ds.

NEW POWER ARMOR.
55F
THE F IS FOR FUCK YOU
THEY HAVE JETPACKS ON THE BACK
THEY CAN FLY TO SPACE
EACH SUIT HAS 100% SELF-SUFFICIENT LIFE SUPPORT AND PROTECTION FROM ALL ELEMENTS
AND THEY'RE ARMORED IN TITANIUM ALLOY PLATES THAT CAN ONLY BE BROKEN BY A HIROSHIMA-STYLE NUKE.

NO, FUCK IT.

BROTHERHOOD IS IMMORTAL AND SHOOTS NUCLEAR LASERS OUT OF THEIR EYES.
ALSO, THEY CAN FLY AND BREATHE UNDERWATER.
WHAT THE FUCK NOW?

</sarcasam>

Realistically, we'll see how alliances boil out.

I've got a good feeling we'll pick one faction and stick with it.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Ragolution on 27-02-2011
As for the Brotherhood's death, look at Fallout 2. They wer ejust about on the brink of nonexistance due to them gaining enemies. Also, I didn't say you weren't going to recruit in that way. I was just saying it in case. As for the Enclave cease-fire, what do you think they did in Fallout 2? The Enclave agreed not to destroy the Brotherhood if the Brotherhood didn't fight them. The alliances...well, obviously the Brotherhood originally had allies. The Colorado chapter actually started to gain allies when they agreed to protect them. I know you probably won't do this, but it's reasonable. Wastelanders as allies would be a great thing. Another example from the Colorado chapter, or the Western Brotherhood. The West had outposts in many of the cities that would allow them. They could keep men as diplomats like that. It wa sgreat to have allies. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that they'd be back at base, doing more important stuff. I said your entire brotherhood will mostly be wearing combat armor, as that is much, much, much, much easier to find. You know that, of course, but I'm trying my best to keep away from every member having T-45d's, as most would have combat armor. Refrence that to Fallout 1.

<saracasm>

FUCK IT. ALL MEMBERS HAVE 51Ds AND GAUSS RIFLES
WHAT THE FUCK
NOT GAUSS RIFLES, TESLA CANNONS.
HYBRID GAUSS-TESLA-PLASMA EMITTERS
THAT SHOOT LIBERTY PRIME-STYLE NUKES WITH THE SPEED OF A LASER.
AND FUCK 51Ds.

NEW POWER ARMOR.
55F
THE F IS FOR FUCK YOU
THEY HAVE JETPACKS ON THE BACK
THEY CAN FLY TO SPACE
EACH SUIT HAS 100% SELF-SUFFICIENT LIFE SUPPORT AND PROTECTION FROM ALL ELEMENTS
AND THEY'RE ARMORED IN TITANIUM ALLOY PLATES THAT CAN ONLY BE BROKEN BY A HIROSHIMA-STYLE NUKE.

NO, FUCK IT.

BROTHERHOOD IS IMMORTAL AND SHOOTS NUCLEAR LASERS OUT OF THEIR EYES.
ALSO, THEY CAN FLY AND BREATHE UNDERWATER.
WHAT THE FUCK NOW?

</sarcasam>

Realistically, we'll see how alliances boil out.

I've got a good feeling we'll pick one faction and stick with it.

So..much...win

/tear
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Frostee

We need a steam group for the BoS, yes?

Archangel94