|BOS| Enclave Attacks on Blue Rock

Started by Spades_Neil, 08-12-2011

Spades_Neil

ROBCO INDUSTRIES UNIFIED OPERATING SYSTEM
COPYRIGHT 2075-2077 ROBCO INDUSTRIES
-Server 4-

ENCLAVE ATTACK ON BLUE ROCK
--------------------------
>PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Defend Blue Rock outpost from Enclave attack.
>STATUS: Failed.
>SECONDARY OBJECTIVE: Prevent Brotherhood casualties.
>STATUS: Failed.

>CASUALTIES:
3 Wounded, 2 severely.
1 KIA

>LOSSES:
Several Terminals severely damaged or destroyed.
Serverboxes destroyed.
Contact to Citadel cut off. Again.

>DEBRIEFING:
The Enclave have regrouped their forces and hit us hard after two failed assaults last week. This time they caught us by surprise while some of our best soldiers were away from the base, resulting in the death of one unfortunate Knight who took a laser blast through the helmet. In the wake of this failure to protect ourselves, I have decided that we must immediately withdraw from the position and re-establish our presence from a more easily defensible strategic point.

Knights, your new orders are to conduct recon upon the surrounding area for a better location we may utilize. I'm not taking any chances, so if you encounter any Enclave, avoid them. Likewise, avoid Outcasts. However, if you are spotted, and then either followed or fired upon by hostile forces, you are authorized to defend yourself however necessary.

Scribes and Initiates are to remain at the base at ALL TIMES. Knights, you are not permitted to leave the base either without at least one fellow Knight to aid you. Any defiance of this order will be harshly dealt with. No wastelanders are permitted within our wing of the Blue Rock Estates aside from those associated with the Step Jaw Trading Company.

That is all.

Signing off,
Commander Paladin 'Ace'

>NEW DIRECTIVES:
Lock-down of Blue Rock outpost.
Recon of surrounding area.
Base relocation.

>

Spades_Neil

ROBCO INDUSTRIES UNIFIED OPERATING SYSTEM
COPYRIGHT 2075-2077 ROBCO INDUSTRIES
-Server 4-

FOLLOW UP ENCLAVE ATTACK ON BLUE ROCK
>PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Defend Blue Rock outpost from Enclave attack.
>STATUS: Success.
>SECONDARY OBJECTIVE: Capture Enclave Officer.
>STATUS: Success.

>CASUALTIES:
1 wounded.

>LOSSES:
None.

>DEBRIEFING:
We came under attack by Enclave soldiers today. Again. Apparently they thought they could finish us off. Now, I was away from the base when this occurred, which could have proved disastrous, but miraculously Knights 'Burns' and Ray Walker, accompanied by the medical scribe Lindsay were able to fend off the attack and drive the Enclave out of the base via an unorthodox route.

This route led them to this so-called 'Steel Stadium' where it is reported they came under attack by creatures supposedly saved for the competition tomorrow. (Upon the note of that competition, I better not catch ANY of you attending as a contestant. Do I make myself clear?) Their escape attempt failed, and they were attacked by an ant guard apparently meant for tomorrow's contest. Two out of three in the task force were killed on the scene when the Brotherhood arrived, and the officer, critically wounded, was captured.

It was then that a vertibird came onto the scene in an attempt to rescue the injured soldiers, but SOMEHOW somebody managed to shoot the damn thing down. I don't know all the details to this. No one has explained how this happened to me yet. However, I do know I saw the downed vertibird crashed into a building upon my return.

Shortly after arriving, while attempting to aid the Scribe in stabilizing the captured Enclave officer, we had an... unexpected visit. Three more Enclave soldiers showed up, but they did not engage us. I allowed them to enter the territory, but kept all personnel on maximum alert. They requested to see the officer to see to it he was alive. In an effort to perhaps use them against the eventual nuisance of the Outcasts, I let the leader of this new Enclave group see the officer to ensure he was alive.

Oddly, he was very shaken when they saw him. He later said to his comrade the officer had become "one of them." I gather that, knowing the Enclave's irrational strive for purity, by using "impure" blood in the transfusion that saved his life, his life no longer became worth living to anyone who holds the Enclave ideals.

At the end of the day, the Enclave soldiers were driven out of the complex as reinforcements arrived returning from their afternoon patrols. I have promoted the Knights both to Sergeant Knights, and the Scribe is now our official Head Scribe of the Step Jaw detachment. (Note, this rank is NOT to be confused with "Head Scribe" rank of the whole D.C. Chapter. The official, long-form listing of this rank is "Head Scribe of the Step Jaw Valley Outpost" and should be documented as such.)

The Enclave officer remains in our custody. An extraction shall bring him to the Citadel tomorrow for further questioning. In the mean time, continue current directives to find a new potential base. It's only a matter of time before the Enclave harasses us again.

Signing off,
Commander Paladin 'Ace'

>DIRECTIVES:
Security of Blue Rock outpost.
Recon of surrounding area.
Base relocation.

>