Banned for no reason from server?

Started by jetleo, 15-06-2011

jetleo

Well, I was looking through the Gmod server list earlier and saw your server had a low ping and was running VaultScript, so I decided to check it out. It was awesome. However, as I was about to leave to download the model pack I needed to stop seeing errors I was kicked with this message:
"I googled Axel Skye (Note: That was my character's name. I use it all the time, no one else has problems with it). You're funny. Now get out."
And when I tried to go back in to ask what that was about, I was told I was banned. I see this as a big mistake. I read the rules and didn't do anything to break them, so the only explanation for this I have is somebody just felt like flexing their admin powers for fun  >:( , however no name was given to who had kicked and banned me. I'm requesting to be let back on, because the server was the coolest I'd ever seen, and I'd hate to never have had a chance  to see outside the vault.  :-\
"I would never stab you in the back, Shepard. Warriors like us? Straight to the Face." - Grunt, Mass Effect 2

Poopship

Axel Sykes is a big scene **** ***** ******** * * ***** * *********. Don't use that name.

jetleo

Quote from: Poopship on 15-06-2011
Axel Sykes is a big scene **** ***** ******** * * ***** * *********. Don't use that name.
I didn't. I put SKYE. Wrong order, so I guess the admin can't read well, which means they still have no reason, but if I get let back on I can use a different name. Still have to be unbanned though, so still at square one :/
"I would never stab you in the back, Shepard. Warriors like us? Straight to the Face." - Grunt, Mass Effect 2

Agera

Quote from: Poopship on 15-06-2011

Never heard of that man before.
Also, if he was banned for that name that's pretty harsh. I even think a kick would be over-reacting. Just tell the guy to change his name or something.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: jetleo on 15-06-2011
Well, I was looking through the Gmod server list earlier and saw your server had a low ping and was running VaultScript, so I decided to check it out. It was awesome. However, as I was about to leave to download the model pack I needed to stop seeing errors I was kicked with this message:
"I googled Axel Skye (Note: That was my character's name. I use it all the time, no one else has problems with it). You're funny. Now get out."
And when I tried to go back in to ask what that was about, I was told I was banned. I see this as a big mistake. I read the rules and didn't do anything to break them, so the only explanation for this I have is somebody just felt like flexing their admin powers for fun  >:( , however no name was given to who had kicked and banned me. I'm requesting to be let back on, because the server was the coolest I'd ever seen, and I'd hate to never have had a chance  to see outside the vault.  :-\

I owe you an apology. This was my doing.

There have been way too damn many minges running around who copy the names of celebrities or video game characters or historical figures, or what have you. This was a result of me being paranoid and also not knowing the proper guidelines of banning people for names like this. Khorn has fixed this now.

This however I assure you is not me flexing my powers. That's a good way for me to lose my job, and frankly, I've dealt with too many power abusing admins in the past who have since been removed. At the same time I take responsibility for my actions and my mistakes.

This ban should be fixed now. I saw one of the other administrators unban you. If it's not fixed, don't worry, I didn't permaban you. It was only 12 hours so you'll be back by tomorrow. Trust me, that's nothing compared to what I've done to myself. I accidentally banned myself on only the 2nd day of admin work for 7 years. :P Needless to say that was embarrassing.

In any case, as stated prior, I apologize. I hope you find as much enjoyment in the Fallout RP server as the rest of us have--including myself.

jetleo

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 15-06-2011

There have been way too damn many minges running around who copy the names of celebrities or video game characters or historical figures, or what have you. This was a result of me being paranoid and also not knowing the proper guidelines of banning people for names like this. Khorn has fixed this now.

This however I assure you is not me flexing my powers. That's a good way for me to lose my job, and frankly, I've dealt with too many power abusing admins in the past who have since been removed. At the same time I take responsibility for my actions and my mistakes.

This ban should be fixed now. I saw one of the other administrators unban you. If it's not fixed, don't worry, I didn't permaban you. It was only 12 hours so you'll be back by tomorrow. Trust me, that's nothing compared to what I've done to myself. I accidentally banned myself on only the 2nd day of admin work for 7 years. :P Needless to say that was embarrassing.

In any case, as stated prior, I apologize. I hope you find as much enjoyment in the Fallout RP server as the rest of us have--including myself.
Thanks. That server was really cool looking, almost exactly like fallout, and I didn't want to be kicked for good. Next time though, I'm using the less popular (I already googled it to prevent this from happening again) name of Leon Skyfire.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 15-06-2011

Thanks. That server was really cool looking, almost exactly like fallout, and I didn't want to be kicked for good. Next time though, I'm using the less popular (I already googled it to prevent this from happening again) name of Leon Skyfire.

Lol, enjoy yourself.

Good website for names is http://www.BehindtheName.com

Ralazo

Are the bans still glitched? If so, then he's banned until server restart.
This has also nothing to do with "power abusive admins" in the past.

Knife_cz

Still banning someone,without telling him to change a name or something..that is just stupid

R3BooT

Quote from: knife_cz on 16-06-2011
Still banning someone,without telling him to change a name or something..that is just stupid

FORP has had thousands of minges who have had names of famous people. Now, would you want to try and tell thousands of people to change their name only to ban them in the end?
funny gifs

jaik

Quote from: R3BooT on 16-06-2011

FORP has had thousands of minges who have had names of famous people. Now, would you want to try and tell thousands of people to change their name only to ban them in the end?

No. The issue is that Spades doesn't know when it's necessary to punish people and when it's not.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Ralazo

I have to agree with Jake. For the first time ever.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Jake on 16-06-2011

No. The issue is that Spades doesn't know when it's necessary to punish people and when it's not.

Khorn has corrected that. He gave me some guidelines to go by, at least regarding foolish names. But yea, I'd appreciate a crash course on what the discipline policies are for HGN.

This has been my perspective. It's gotten so bad that I google almost every character who enters the game who I haven't seen before. >_> If I find results I automatically assume it's a mingebag. But yea, apparently I need to chill on that.

Hey, at least I have the common courtesy to say sorry for my fuck ups. In public, mind you all. I could just have easily said nothing and pretended this never happened. I mean, you guys wouldn't even know I'm the one who screwed this up without me saying something. Otherwise this would have stayed within the ring of myself, Jake, Khorn, and other admins. No one told me to go apologize. I do this on my own accord. I'd rather you guys trust me enough to know that I recognize when I've screwed up--and so you know I've learned from it. It's a practice I've kept up throughout the web in absolutely every place I've ever been administrator in, and I like to say that's part of what has so far made me a good admin elsewhere. We're only human after all.

Khorn

General thing is, if you know the name a player is using is stupid ex. "1337 dood" or "Duke Nukem" then clearly you got a Dark RPer(or idiot). First thing is, tell them to change their name. Explain how if they ask. If they don't respond, watch them, then tell again. If no response, kick them. If they return with same name, tell them to change again. If not, ban for a day or so.

Now if their name is spelt odd like ex. "john trost", I will capitalize the correct letters. And explain why to them.

Basically:
1. Warning
2. Kick
3. Ban
If needed:
4. Permanent Ban

Ralazo

That's common sense Khorn.

Khorn

Surprisingly, not common enough.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Ralazo on 17-06-2011

Thats the rules i wrote for srp, most (not stalker related) effect frp as well. Spades go read through it.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

jetleo

I'd like to take a quick post and apologize to Spades...I seem to have brought the wrath of all the high-ups down on him >.< Admins galore and even a gamemode Dev are here slamming on him. I'm sorry dude.  :-\

Spades_Neil

Quote from: jetleo on 18-06-2011
I'd like to take a quick post and apologize to Spades...I seem to have brought the wrath of all the high-ups down on him >.< Admins galore and even a gamemode Dev are here slamming on him. I'm sorry dude.  :-\

Trust me, they're pissed at me for other reasons right now.

Quote from: Last.Exile on 18-06-2011
Quote from: Ralazo on 17-06-2011

Thats the rules i wrote for srp, most (not stalker related) effect frp as well. Spades go read through it.

Also did this. Forgot to mention. Most of it I already knew except for a couple things involving combat. Like how STK is default, and so is no gear return, but how -both- parties must agree to it.