Arms Dealer Union of the Commonwealth

Started by Spades_Neil, 14-05-2011

Spades_Neil

This forum is for the reference of all current and future arms dealers in order to maintain a fair and balanced market.

Please talk to me on SF about joining this Steam group so we can always have a chatroom: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HGN-FRP_ArmsDealerUnion

I would like to begin by thanking current traders for maintaining a respectful economic environment. As the head of Kira's Karbines, I would like to maintain communication among all arms and ammo traders in the wasteland in order to provide a stable economy and fair business competition. Undercutting shall not be the core of our success--but rather the integrity of our businesses and the respect to our customers.

If you disagree with any of the listed prices below, and you are a recognized arms trader (( as in you have T-flag )), then you may express your opinion as to what the price should be and why it should be so. Thank you for your cooperation.

All prices below are in caps. It is requested that you never sell for BELOW these prices. Selling for above these prices is subject to supply of every individual trader. Prices may change without warning according to feedback I get from other traders, so be sure to check this frequently.

Established Firearm Prices
9mm: 150
Chinese Pistol: (undefined)
10mm: 250
Hunting Rifle: 300
Combat Shotgun: 500
Hunting Shotgun: 600
.44 Caliber Revolver: 600
AK-102 Assault Rifle: 700
AK-102 Chinese Rifle: 700
SPAS-12: 800
Flamer: 1000
Laser Pistol: 1000 (unofficial)
Laser Rifle: 2500 (unofficial)
Tri-Laser Rifle: (undefined)
Makarov: (undefined)

Established Ammunition Prices
9mm: 50
.44: 75
10mm: 75
12-Guage: 100
.308: 150
5.56: 200
Flamer: 300 400 (Updated due to increasing demand)
Energy: 400
Microfusion: 500

Established Armor Prices
All armor is based off the protection it provides. 100caps*(% of protection). Thus, 10% = 1000 caps, 5% = 500 caps, 20% = 2000 caps, and so on.
Exceptions are the raider armor variants. Sell for whatever the T-menu says by default. Why is it cheaper? Because who wants to get accidentally shot for being a raider?

*Unofficial prices are infrequently sold and you can undercut these prices as it is only a guideline. Undefined prices are completely up to the traders who have them.

// Now if you want the OOC reasons why I'm doing this, I'll give you two good reasons. For one, it's a lot easier and a lot more fun to RP as a trader for -all- of us if we're not competing on who can stomach to drop their prices the lowest, because we can ALL play that stupid game until we're only making one cap profit on every purchase. Two, on relation to that note, if you drop prices so far, money stops circulating in the economy. We want to keep AS MUCH of it as we can because otherwise it disappears forever into the T-menu. Money is just deleted from the game. That is bad for everyone.

Additional info

I'm not entirely sure you guys understand how it works. I'm not forcing you to constantly meet these prices, as you can sell a 9mm for 10000 caps for all I care, but the majority of arms dealers are however forcing you not to undercut these prices. :D I advise that if you are an arms dealer, you PM me about joining the steam group and have your input about what the prices should be rather than whining about them and not giving any constructive critique. kthx

These prices are set up to help everyone avoid undercutting one-another. This not only makes it less bothersome for traders fighting among traders, but also helps the economy not get fucked in the ass by the T-menu. While some of these prices are below the T-menu listed price (I won't point out which ones because I'm not allowed, though the traders among us know them too), you must also realize why I've spent a long time deciding what prices should be what.

Based on the level of the weapons, I try to hit a certain price range. I base that upon the following:
- Power/Accuracy
- Rarity
- Demand

+ Weapons like the pistols are so bloody common that the T-menu doesn't even make it worth buying, so I actually turn around and buy them off wasters and sell them for less than I could ever do with the T-menu. Apparently I need to make this bright, bold, and red because you people aren't paying attention and keep asking, "WELL WHY IS WEAPON X-Y-AND-Z PRICED BELOW THE T-MENU? I'M LOSING MONEY!" Khorn says no. So disregard this.
+ Weapons like the hunting rifle are usually the first actual two-handed weapon most players buy. Plus the gun is glitchy, so it's cheap, though the ammo makes it not -incredibly- cheap. Same is true for the Combat Shotgun.
+ Weapons like the AK-102's, both Assault and Chinese Assault are for those who've certainly been around the block a while and earned their stay. The veterans of FORP own these in decent numbers--but the price is so people have a fair choice between accuracy and power. Ironically I find most people choose accuracy. I prefer power myself. (Assault Rifle is more accurate, Chinese is more powerful.)
+ Exotic weapons like the Flamethrower, SPAS-12, Revolver, and Laser weapons are rather expensive because of their power and greater rarity. Mind you though there's also not a lot of demand for these weapons making their pricing -extremely- tricky. I've actually lowered the SPAS-12 price once or twice in the past.

For the record, if you want to sell stuff for MORE than the prices listed (as I understand Jakob wants to) then BY ALL MEANS GO AHEAD. If there are no other arms dealers online, guess what? You have a monopoly! These prices are based on something that I myself and traders like Garret and the Quartermaster (presumably) would like you to not to undercut--because then it forces us to drop our prices as well. We could do that fight all day long, but want to know why undercutting fucks everything up? All that money lost in undercutting disappears into the T-menu and is gone forever. THAT IS WHY IT WOULD HURT THE ECONOMY. I had Jake explain this pretty well to me. Or maybe it was Khorn? God damn it I don't know anymore. One of the admins described the T-menu as stealing money from the economy.

Khorn

Clean this topic up a bit and merged spade's post with one of their other, later posts. Spade's can edit to their liking if they wish.

As for a Union bit, I'm against any form of union ICly since it generally just ends up bad for players and the server.

But as I stated to many people many times, being a trader in FoRP is not for your personal development of character. The moment you decided to become a Trader, you take on the responsibility to help out the server and the players that inhabit the world.

The bits I hear about how people are angry at other people for having slightly different prices, or being able to sell more then others is annoying as hell. If this was the real world, I'd understand that it would be bad for you.
But FoRP is a virtual world with issues when it comes to economy. For one thing, money vanishes into the server when a trader uses the T-menu. Another things are paychecks, they create infinite money. And last thing to point out is, if a player vanishes from the server but has 10,000 caps on them, they take the caps with them. Same thing goes for items.

So simulating an economy on FoRP is rather hard to accomplish due to these issues. So to get back to what I was talking about earlier is that when YOU become a Trader,  YOU take on the responsibility to help the Server and the Players. Your character's back story and development will be forced to take a back seat in order for you to help promote the server activity.

Even if you do not sell anything for days on end, you should not complain. You won't end up starving or living without a home, you won't need to worry about getting money since you still get paychecks. So in the end, even if you never manage to sell any items ever, you have nothing to complain about.

If this really troubles people, and you wish to develop rivals with each other, do it with a NON-TRADER character. I don't want to hear about how Kira is taking up all the business, all she does is deal Guns and CQC weapons. Personally, you should all just work together and have maybe 3 traders per profession.

3 Gun Dealers, for different time zones. 3 Medics, for different time zones. 3 Food and Drink people, for different time zones. 3 Armorers for, guess what, different time zones. Even if you make no cash, you are there to help promote activity on the server and help others out with developing their players.

Want to develop a character yourself? Make a new wastelander. After this post, I will be changing the rules in a way to fit how I described the Trading world.

Have a good day.

Recreas

If you want us to work together, an IC union would actually be a better idea... People would be less tempted to be a rival. And also, you shouldn't limit traders to be only able to sell. I did not come to the server to just stand there for hours and just sell silly weapons. You can make NPC's for that. Traders should actually be more like in Fallout and be able to make some rivalry. Just like in NV, where that Van Graff (Or something like that) dealership made deals with the NCR, eliminated other caravans and etc. Or where that hughe caravan group asks you to steal plans of that weapon factory.

Otherwise nobody wants to be trader, and you can simply replace them with a simple npc.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Khorn

If this was wall scripted and a single player server, then yes it would be fine.

But rivals against other players create generally nothing but trouble. If you don't want to stand around and trade, jump onto a waster character.

As far as I know, Recreas, you don't speak for other traders so don't say that this would make no one want to be a trader.

As I continually post all over TRADERS ARE HERE FOR SUPPORTING THE SERVER AND ACTIVITY, NOT THEIR CHARACTERS.

It means your trader is here to help people on server with their development, through jobs and items.

If you were hoping to make money on the server while being some wastelander that was decked out in gear, then you might aswell turn around and leave.

I will not accept any stupid rivalries as it will do nothing to help.