A little tip.

Started by meetdadoom, 10-07-2011

meetdadoom

Although I am dome with fallout roleplay because I can't STAND the shit roleplay, I feel like I need to make a point that almost everyone is missing out on. FALLOUT ROLEPLAY IS 80% CITIZEN RP and 20% FIGHTING TO SURVIVE. Let's look at a good example like Fallout 3. There are towns all over the place, Megaton,RivetCity,Arefu,Little Lamp light,etc. All of them trying to survive and advance civilization. Everyone in the town has a duty. Someone is a farmer, someone is a doctor, someone is a mechanic, someone is a chef, someone is a cleaner, and someone is a Leader. There are more. But that is most of it. For the town to survive they require all of these people to help out. If one person slacks off, they can possible fall back in surviving. Then once in a blue moon, the town gets attacked by mutants,raiders,etc. Some cities gives everyone a rifle or a pistol and are all helping out to fight kind of like in The Road Warrior, or the city has people who are trained to fight and protect like in Rivet City.
  Now you may be asking I still don't understand what Misha is trying to say? Well here it goes. NOT EVERYONE IS A FUCKING ADVENTURER.BOUNTY HUNTER, LONE WANDERER IN THE WASTELAND. In the wasteland people who go on their own 9/10 times die a horrible painful death or become a slave. So people you must understand, fallout roleplay is not entirely mean't for you to roleplay action like In SRP. SRP is a different story, where your live is in constant danger and you need to fight to survive. Some of you might have heard this before on SRP when someone asks how do I get weapons? and everyone barks at him saying you don't need weapons to RP. Granted they are right, but in SRP case, you kind of do. However, in Fallout roleplay, the qoute "YOU DON'T NEED WEAPONS TO RP" actually applies GREATLY!
    So some of you might be asking, what do I do if I can't be a bounty hunter, lone wanderer, adventurer? Well just look at society today. We have mechanics, chefs,farmers, merchants, police officers, etc. All doing their part to advance society. Pick up a skill that can be useful for other people. Join a city, or start one with a group of people. Help each other by using your talents. If you don't have any talents, then ask to a be an apprentaice of someone who is a master.

Well everyone I hope my point is made clear, enjoy your roleplay and I hope I made sence.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

mxh24

Not everyone believes in the 80% citizen, because many now feel like they need to rob 24/7, and no one will fearrp, ex: A fully armored man, with a flamethrower and laser pistol walks up, and decides to take the role of a police officer (As in your profession idea) and stops a crime (Robbing). No one cares about him, and then he rply gets shot, haveing the better weapons and armour, he is still dead... What I am trying to say, is... No one takes commands from others unless in a faction...

"When in doubt, mumble."

meetdadoom

Quote from: mxh24 on 10-07-2011
Not everyone believes in the 80% citizen, because many now feel like they need to rob 24/7, and no one will fearrp, ex: A fully armored man, with a flamethrower and laser pistol walks up, and decides to take the role of a police officer (As in your profession idea) and stops a crime (Robbing). No one cares about him, and then he rply gets shot, haveing the better weapons and armour, he is still dead... What I am trying to say, is... No one takes commands from others unless in a faction...

Did you even read this thread? Citizen rping basically means Passive rping.

jaik

I support passive RP, but unfortunately this won't exist on HGN.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

mxh24

Quote from: meetdadoom on 10-07-2011

Yes, I am trying to say that that is highly unlikely, if you passive rp, you get robbed or killed, and that just sucks. I will most likely passive rp if I get my Pa, so atleast robbed less. so that means it will be easier to passive rp.

"When in doubt, mumble."

Poopship

Yes, I am trying to say that that is highly unlikely, if you passive rp, you get robbed or killed, and that just sucks. I will most likely passive rp if I get my Pa, so atleast robbed less. so that means it will be easier to passive rp.

1. You aren't going to use your power armor, it's a joke played on you by Jake.
2. You obviously don't understand the thread. It's so obvious. What he means is that, not everyone should be actively roleplay, I log on and see everyone is insanely well armed, it's stupid. Most people in Fallout RP had like, a knife to keep them safe. They usually stay in hiding, eating scraps for food.

I propose, all weapons and armor be jacked up 300%, and before you go all ignorant and stupid on me, Frozen and calling me "greedy" take your head out of your ass for a god damn seconds and you will realize, "Hey, maybe if weapons costed a lot more, it was make people NOT buy weapons, and be just ROLEPLAY rather then just asking traders for jobs.

lolKieck

Quote from: Poopship on 10-07-2011

2. You obviously don't understand the thread. It's so obvious. What he means is that, not everyone should be actively roleplay, I log on and see everyone is insanely well armed, it's stupid. Most people in Fallout RP had like, a knife to keep them safe. They usually stay in hiding, eating scraps for food.

I propose, all weapons and armor be jacked up 300%, and before you go all ignorant and stupid on me, Frozen and calling me "greedy" take your head out of your ass for a god damn seconds and you will realize, "Hey, maybe if weapons costed a lot more, it was make people NOT buy weapons, and be just ROLEPLAY rather then just asking traders for jobs.
If so many people love guns and armor, we'd lose playerbase.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

meetdadoom

Quote from: Poopship on 10-07-2011

Havn't replied in a long time but here it goes. Yeah, Poopship gets the point of my thread. However, no. Jacking up prices won't do shit. People are still going to aquire awsome weapons.

The first action that should be done is, Kira's Karbines should NOT be the center of roleplay. Kira is a weapon dealer. That is all. She will sell you a gat to protect your self but that is all. That is not going to solve your shortage of food problem or your shortage of medical supplies problem and a gat is certinatly not going to save you 24/7. The best thing to do is start up a town. Get people of different trade skills. Butcher, cook, etc. I have gone over this already. But, a community or a group of people you can rely on is KEY to survival in the wasteland.

jaik

Quote from: meetdadoom on 18-07-2011
But, a community or a group of people you can rely on is KEY to survival in the wasteland.

You're forgetting one thing; this is not survival, but a who-has-better-equipment contest.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Poopship

Das started doing that, we had a butcher, and it just fell apart because no one liked the idea of a regulated town. Nor did I.

meetdadoom

Well then, I guess I can't really do anything anymore. I am gone. Enjoy your roleplay.

Littlevolt

Ya I was the Butcher but the only people who would come in were people who just bought stuff out of RP sympathy, I had a total of 2 people actually do something in there over a total of 3 days. It was a good idea and provided a small amount of RP material but there was no real reason for anyone to buy something. A store would have to meet RPer's OOC needs in some way in order for it to last. In the example of the butcher shop, there would need to be a hunger/thirst system in order for it to work. This is why Kira's is the only successful shop so far.

Tom

I think in FORP a survival system would actually be good, so long as we'd be able to give players a source of resources so that there survival bar(s) don't drain entirely. It would fuel the need for grouping up and making towns and shiz.

I know your probally thinking that I'd be the last person to say that, but. . .

I tooted off that a hunger system would be bad for SRP, why? Cause SRP is about surviving but not entirely about it, if that makes sense.

FORP is about rebuilding and surviving in a post nuke world. If you have nothing in place to make people(players) want to group up and rebuild then you just end up with a bunch of fags who want to be the lone wanderer or the chosen one or the vault dweller or the courier. Put some sort of survival system in place that would force people to try and act like they are trying to make ends meet in a post nuke world, where they would want to build society back up to make life easy again.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Poopship

Quote from: Tom on 18-07-2011
I think in FORP a survival system would actually be good, so long as we'd be able to give players a source of resources so that there survival bar(s) don't drain entirely. It would fuel the need for grouping up and making towns and shiz.

I know your probally thinking that I'd be the last person to say that, but. . .

I tooted off that a hunger system would be bad for SRP, why? Cause SRP is about surviving but not entirely about it, if that makes sense.

FORP is about rebuilding and surviving in a post nuke world. If you have nothing in place to make people(players) want to group up and rebuild then you just end up with a bunch of fags who want to be the lone wanderer or the chosen one or the vault dweller or the courier. Put some sort of survival system in place that would force people to try and act like they are trying to make ends meet in a post nuke world, where they would want to build society back up to make life easy again.

Actually, this makes sense, it would force people to bring along potato crisps for that long event or having a meal before they leave, and would work as a good anti-afk system. :P

Mr. Pink

Actually, my rp character (Glen Pink) and another (Alex Keepse) have just started a town. It's been up for a few days now and we've got some great passive RP going. The first thing we did was hire security personnel to guard the place and ward off would-be attackers. Once that was taken care of we went out an began finding tenants. After our efforts the town (Storm's End) is now the center of RP. Kira's is not. We're actually going to try and convince Kira to move her shop there, because we realize, the town won't be able to last very long if we don't get trade going. We've got a bar opening as well as a grocer. It seems to be headed in the right direction...
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.