The Desertia Industrial Mining Force(DIMF)

Started by Cutch, 30-03-2010

Cutch

Founded originally by Johansen Greatwolf after Desertia's first creation, DIMF has expanded to the farthest reaches of the planet with its mining operations and is the most profitable company with an annual revenue stream of 1,415,349,000 mesi with the mining and refining of steel, titanium, iron, ect. After Johansen Greatwolf's death two years ago, the position of President was passed down to Steven Black, CE Vet who kept the company up to what it is today. DIMF focuses its main mining projects around Gerian, since it is the most highly concentrated materials and has nearby veins of steel and iron greater than the moon. Despite DIMF's lack of structure, it maintains a packing workforce, profit, and pay to reward for its dangerousness.

ROSTER

Founder: Steven Black, President.

Miners
N/A

Equipment and Vehicles
UWL-4000 "Warsaw" Super Saw rig.

Commonly used to saw down marble slabs or cut through a large concentration for rock, Super Saw rigs take up a major amount of energy and are used rarely.

Common Titanium hammer with depleted uranium back.

The most common hammer you see for mining veins of rock and steel. The backbone of the mining operation.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Genesis

TheHawk

Hawke (The main character of Dragon Age 2) named after me :D

ISPYUDIE

+Support

Awesome idea and you obviously put some effort into it. If this gets accepted, I want to join! :D

Cutch

This wasn't actually meant to be a faction, it was to encourage people to become miners.

-Blake/Last Exile

Bl★ck Star

+support

awesome if i get unbanned iam directly going to rp mining :D

Zstan

I mined with you for a while (I was the guy with the accent >.>)

And it was fun..so yes, if you need it +support

Bielecki

+Support
As soon as i start with Desertia I want to get into mining.

Col. StaR

I would strongly support inclusion of this as well into the server.

My only concern would be payment for mining, the mining system, and the rather power-trip that is given here.

Payment would be the big thing here, since it would essentially give Cutch a large amount of Mesi with which to pay his miners. That could easily throw off the economy if not regulated and every miner gets 30,000 mesi.
Perhaps to compensate for this and keep it in check, there will be a mineral-exchange system, where a trusted source will give the mining foreman an amount of money based on their mineral output, and the money from there can be spent however. I'll think on that one...
Also, the powergrab would be kind of concerning, but that's true with most of the groups created. Cutch, what this essentially would mean for you is that your character goes from a no one to the president of a billion dollar mining corporation almost overnight. I'm VERY inclined to call BS on that, and deny it because of how huge that jump is.

I believe that the best way for this to work would be a few changes to the group, making it into more of a homegrown mineral business rather than asspulling insta-big business that you've shown here. The mines and such can all be run the same, and perhaps an XEM representative will be the one who'll go over your mineral output and pay accordingly. I'll have to think of a system for determining that, one that might be influenced by the random fluctuations of the market.

All in all, I'd like the miners, but the above changes are suggested before anything becomes official.

Cutch

As I said before, this wasn't meant to be an actual group, it was meant to inspire others to MAKE groups of their own.

-Blake/Last Exile