Multi-Factioning

Started by deluxulous, 11-04-2010

deluxulous

My opinions on Multi-Factioning:

*Extreme opposites should not multi-faction (A person shouldn't be in Entanglement/Rebellion and C.E. or X.E.M at the same time)
*Players in Rebellion and/or Entanglement should be allowed in player-made or neutral groups. (I.E. Mercenaries.)
*Players should be allowed to multi-faction with their common groups (I.E.: Rebellion/Entanglement, or C.E./X.E.M)

Just my opinions. What do you guys think?

Jack Stone

By person do you mean a single character? Or the player?

Sniper3124

My stance on this, is Yes, players should be able to multi-faction as long as NO IC information is exchange between the two without some kind of RP. I think i can trust players enough to allow this, and this was the system before we came here so i would believe it would stay.

However if someone is found giving IC information between the two factions without an admin OK or RP of some kind both players should be PK'ed and blacklisted from ever joining that faction again.

Col. StaR

Honestly, I see no capacity for one character to pursue two factions, since both of them are assumed careers. Remember that the factions have different goals and perspectives, too. Honestly, I don't see any way that any of the permutations would work, mainly because of the attention and focus needed to run one faction would be too much for two. CE-DETS? DETS-XEM? XEM-Miner? DS-CE? CE-Entanglment?
Also, before it comes up, double-crossing would occur by being part of the 1 faction that you're pretending to be with, and deal IC with the other.

Now I'll explain the difference between Factions and Groups,
Factions hold a pivotal role in society, require a flag, and is more of a career choice. People apply to join factions.
Groups aren't so important, don't require a flag, and aren't really considered a full career. Since they are easy to get into and don't really have any prerequisites, no flag is necessary. Afterall, anyone can be a miner, merc, or bandit, but not everyone gets into CE or DETS.

Now the above applies for 1 character going for multiple positions in either Factions or Groups. Essentially, 1 character can have 1 group or faction, regardless of how many characters the player has.

deluxulous

Quote from: Jack Stone on 11-04-2010
By person do you mean a single character? Or the player?
The player.
Quote from: Col. StaR on 11-04-2010
Now I'll explain the difference between Factions and Groups,
Factions hold a pivotal role in society, require a flag, and is more of a career choice. People apply to join factions.
Groups aren't so important, don't require a flag, and aren't really considered a full career. Since they are easy to get into and don't really have any prerequisites, no flag is necessary. Afterall, anyone can be a miner, merc, or bandit, but not everyone gets into CE or DETS.

Now the above applies for 1 character going for multiple positions in either Factions or Groups. Essentially, 1 character can have 1 group or faction, regardless of how many characters the player has.

Alright. So, a Rebel/Entanglement can't be a merc as well? :C

Col. StaR

You're either on one paycheck or another.

You can be a mercenary who works for the Rebellion or Entanglement, but you can't be a Rebellion Mercenary or Entanglement Mercenary: you would have to flag one and then take on only their missions, which makes you less of a Merc and more of a fixer.