Erica Hall

Started by Paintcheck, 23-03-2010

Paintcheck

((Alright figured I'd post this. This is my first female character in any RP and I already think she's going to be a good character. If anyone has any suggestions or criticism please post it up.))

Homeplanet: New California
Faction: Rebel
Position: Adept (Mechanic/Technician)

Biography: Born in 2344 on New California, Erica grew up on one of humanity's further colonies. Even with FTL travel, supply ships were not always to be counted on and Erica learned from a young age how to be self reliant, as most of the denizens of New California do. New California itself is a strange mixture of desert and oceans, similar to the state with which it shares its name. The harsh deserts offer a crash course in survival while the salty ocean air requires most colonists to know how to maintain most machines. Fairly dangerous packs of predatory dogs, similar to the coyotes found on Earth scavenge at night and every colonist is expected to be proficient at defending themselves from wild animals. Being on the edge of civilized space, colonists often have to fend for themselves as the nearest GSAF patrol is often parsecs away. The combination of all this has turned Erica into an independent and skilled young woman.

Although fast on the draw and well-versed in technology and general repair, Erica is a shy girl who likes to keep to herself. Wanted in New California for accidentally killing the son of one of the colony's biggest land owners during a bandit raid, Erica shipped off to Desertia to escape prosecution; the murder of a land owner's kin being a capital crime on her home planet. Alone and disorientated, Erica hopes to create a new life for herself on the edge of human space.

Traits/Physical Description: ((Because I can't find a good picture of what I think she looks like and I can't draw for shit))
Tall
Lean, athletic-looking
Straight, dirty blonde that stops at upper back. Usually tied back to keep it out of her eyes
Hazel eyes
Shy, quiet. Likes to do things on her own.
Skilled mechanic knows basic engineering, circuitry and similar skills. Not well-educated but intelligent.
Good shot, fast draw, but will do almost anything to avoid violence

Categorization: Blank Initiative

Favored Enemy: Doesn't have one. Any enemy is bad.

Favored Weapon: Her Dahl Corporation AX8 Vicious Anaconda, a high caliber revolver mounted with a 2 power Red dot sight. Almost always carried in a low slung holster on her right thigh. (Yeah it's based off Borderlands).
Rivaling: No one yet, possibly law enforcement should anyone come looking for her.
Current Tasks:
Find work [In Progress]
Avoid "The Preacher" [In Progress]
Don't get extradited back to New California. [Forever In Progress]

Zombiehunta

Lol at the Borderlands reference. Anyways, looks good. I would rather her be older since I can't see an 18 year old on this planet, but, good never-the-less.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Paintcheck

Yeah I've been battling with myself over her age since I know I am always one of the first to criticize uber young characters elsewhere but the idea is that she's sort of in over her head without really thinking this through and I thought that would work out. If it turns out to not work then I'll change it when the server comes up. It's not like I have her being some crazy badass at 18 either.

OBrian

Paintcheck finally shows his feminine side! Thats why he's the catcher.

Characters - Stalker RP
Diederik 'Ghost' Sigmund - Mercenary - Alive
Archibald 'Joker' Jung - Freedom Trader - Alive
Characters - Crussaria RP
Durinos Rahl - First Wizard - Alive

Genesis

NO PICTURE FAIL D:

Paintcheck

Yeah I've been off-and-on looking for one but honestly in game all you're going to have is a physical description anyway so it's not a high priority for me. Ironically enough I have seen several people IRL who look like how I think Erica does in my mind but I have yet to find a picture available that does it. And Zstan apparently is illiterate because his picture was so bad I deleted his post in this topic for making me sad.

Paintcheck

((Starting a PDA of sorts)):
Username: EHall
Password: *************

0 New Messages

{Log 1}
"My name is Erica. Don't really know why I'm keeping track of this but I am. Maybe it's because I'm lonely.  Maybe I just want to be remembered. I got nothing else to do right now anyway, might as well save these thoughts."  She paces a bit back and forth, uneasy. She spent 18 years at home chomping at the bit, ready to go out on her own but never thought "out on her own" would equate to fleeing a murder charge. "It's funny, at 18 how I thought I knew everything...then this happened and I feel like a kid again. I don't know what to do."  The emotion carries through clearly in the recording, a terrified teenager who has ventured far closer to the edge than she meant to. Her voice wavers: "I didn't mean to, it just happened to fast, I didn't know it was him! God I'm so sorry!" A quiet sob is the last thing the recording picks up as she shuts it off.
{End Log 1}

{Log 2}
Get a hold of yourself! You haven't come this far just to drown in self-pity! These thoughts keep her sane; keep her motivated. Motivated to do exactly what she doesn't yet know. She takes stock of her gear and what she does know. Got a gun, good boots, some clothes, working PDA...and a possibly a bounty for murder. I'm on Desertia, a planet that might be more lawless than home. I need a job and money. Getting a job probably won't be too hard, I can't imagine they are looking for me out here...but if they are I'm going to need a backup plan but...well one thing at a time. She stares off over the desert and sighs. A gentle breeze caresses her hair. She shakes it back from her eyes and sighs again. Send me a sign...
{End Log 2}

{Log 3}
Job search has not been going well. Been here for a while now. Lack of ID papers makes me very nervous about approaching CE for work which sucks since they would be the ones in need of a mechanic to maintain their heavy vehicles. But I did not come all this way to waltz into the arms of Law Enforcement. Heard some rumors about a certain Underground forming, possibly made up of disgruntled miners but I guess they might need a mechanic not on the payroll of one of the big mines. Might have to look into that. Seems sketchy but I'm running out of options.
Also met a pilot yesterday, some 21 year old kid who apparently ran away from home in one of his Dad's trading ships. Apparently he 'lost' his ship but...should remember him. Decent guitar player and...not bad looking either. His name was Andrew. That's about it for now.
{End Log 3}

{Log 4}
Andrew is a selfish asshole who doesn't realize how hard some of us have it. Fucking immature kid. But he does have a ship...somewhere so he could be my ticket off this rock...Best to worry about that later.
CE soldier offered me a job to fix the axle on his jeep. Didn't take too long and earned myself 120 mesi for it. I hate how CE tends to clamp down on the workers, they are no better than the fucking High Borns back home. There's a reason modern society moved away from class-based feudal systems.
Speaking of class-based systems, THE REVERAND HIMSELF IS HERE. I saw him walking around town wearing a duster and a hat. Asked him where he was from just to be sure. No denying it, he's here on Desertia. I guess it's nothing to me, I'm a Low Born and therefore likely beneath his notice but...better keep an eye on him. It's his fault I'm on this rock to begin with...sort of. Wouldn't have shot Roland if it wasn't for his damn bandit group. Goddamn I was so stupid back home. Should probably keep my distance from him. After all he might murder me out of spite...Best not to think of THAT either.
{End Log 4}