Desertia Alpha Orientation Testing Soon

Started by Sniper3124, 10-03-2010

Sniper3124

Alright guys. Col StaR and i have decided that we will hold an early alpha test sometime this week (Most likely this weekend, if everything pans out) This is just basically to find some bugs, and gain feedback on what we've accomplished so far. Now this is important:

1. NOT EVERYONE IS INVITED, MAINLY ME, STAR, AFRO, SILVER & AND OTHER SENIOR HGN PLAYERS AND ADMINS WE WANT TO PARTICIPATE (Not Welek obviously :V) SO DO NOT ASK TO BE INVITED HERE, OR ANYWHERE ELSE. WE WILL CHOOSE YOU!!!
2. Don't get your hopes up, expect there to be a lot of bugs and it is mostly to test the commands and scripts and things. So don't be too harsh.

Hopefully we'll get some good feedback, for those choosen, please tell StaR or I what you think and perhaps post it in this thread.

Lastly, please dont spam the thread with "OMG I WANT TO TEST IT" you will be auto-denied
We're looking for Development team and admin team members only, so if you are reading this and are interested please Pm me on the forums and i'll see what i can do.

P.S. We've been added to the forums and have a plot, factions and an early alpha in just over a day  Arn't we efficient :V Only if Crussaria or Fallout was like this!

Locke

OMG I WANT TO TEST IT, oh wait, I can.

Celtic

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 10-03-2010
OMG I WANT TO TEST IT, oh wait, I can.
Stop showing off...

Zstan

I tested it with Afro last night..hehe.

Lucidius

Quote from: Sniper3124 on 10-03-2010
'please dont spam...'

I think that meant spam and with OMG I WANT TO TEST. So quit spammin. /r/ing top 2 posts and this to be baleeted.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Col. StaR

Just an unfortunate heads up,

I took a look at our old script, which was what we planned on using,
and the thing is far worse off than we had originally seen, almost to the state of unplayable.

Unless a good scripter comes forward and helps address the problem either by fixing the current problem or starting over from scratch, we may not be able to meet the anticipated orientation date.

We're sorry for the let down, but tech problems arise and we have to deal with them. We're working as much as we can to get the ball rolling again, but we're not sure what it will take or how long until it is finally fixed.

In the mean time, we'll continue development elsewhere.

Madcombat

Quote from: Zstan on 10-03-2010
I tested it with Afro last night..hehe.

Doners are lucky?

KingArthur

Ah, thats lame Star, Should try some other scripts in the mean time.

Radek

Hmm, Well i can only hope i guess.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Bl★ck Star

Smirnoff

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 11-03-2010
What "Star" me or Hotstar ?

Obviously Colonel Star? Why would he mention you or hotstarr when you havent posted in the thread? :P
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Col. StaR

We're looking into either repairing our current script, recreating it using the original LemonadeScript base, or looking into something new altogether.
At the most, repairing our current script is the best option for us, but again it is practically unplayable and none of us have the knowledge to know what's going on. I've hacked together some data from our script with the original base, and it's given mixed results.

So far, what's broken:
- Animations are wrong (But better than w/ CakeScriptG2. We had some REALLY strange animations that were unexpectedly funny)
- Weapons have an animation bug so that after firing, the reload animation immediately plays
- Sometimes cubemaps would break/fail to load.
- Quite a few other smaller things too.

Col. StaR

Update, and Good news!

For some reason, your server actually allows the script to work properly!
All the animations are working too (Thank you Afro).

Guys, we might just release right on time.

KingArthur

Good, Looking forward to it.

Lucidius

Quote from: Col. StaR on 11-03-2010
Update, and Good news!

For some reason, your server actually allows the script to work properly!
All the animations are working too (Thank you Afro).

Guys, we might just release right on time.

Good to hear, thank god. I'de sugest locking your 'SCRIPTERS NEEDED" thread now before it's milked for e-peen.

Also, any idea as to what happend with it? or was it just a miracle.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Col. StaR

I have no idea. For some reason it doesn't work on the private server I rented, but it does for some reason now.

Oh well. I'm not complaining.

Zstan

When you said "good news" I read it in Professor Farnsworth's voice.

Welek

Quote from: Sniper3124 on 10-03-2010
Alright guys. Col StaR and i have decided that we will hold an early alpha test sometime this week (Most likely this weekend, if everything pans out) This is just basically to find some bugs, and gain feedback on what we've accomplished so far. Now this is important:

1. NOT EVERYONE IS INVITED, MAINLY ME, STAR, AFRO, SILVER & AND OTHER SENIOR HGN PLAYERS AND ADMINS WE WANT TO PARTICIPATE (Not Welek obviously :V) SO DO NOT ASK TO BE INVITED HERE, OR ANYWHERE ELSE. WE WILL CHOOSE YOU!!!
2. Don't get your hopes up, expect there to be a lot of bugs and it is mostly to test the commands and scripts and things. So don't be too harsh.

Hopefully we'll get some good feedback, for those choosen, please tell StaR or I what you think and perhaps post it in this thread.

Lastly, please dont spam the thread with "OMG I WANT TO TEST IT" you will be auto-denied
We're looking for Development team and admin team members only, so if you are reading this and are interested please Pm me on the forums and i'll see what i can do.

P.S. We've been added to the forums and have a plot, factions and an early alpha in just over a day  Arn't we efficient :V Only if Crussaria or Fallout was like this!

I guess im the only senior not invited, what a honor. lol

Fluffy

I'm invited :D Cause I'm Fluffy like that.

Cobra

Quote from: Fluffy on 11-03-2010
I'm invited :D Cause I'm Fluffy like that.
Lovely Spring coat coming in Fluffy. Anyways Can't wait for the Server to be up.

Col. StaR

Last-Minute Update.

Unfortunately something came up and I won't be around for the weekend.
But given our current condition, I don't really think that a bug-testing orientation would be necessary nor proper. I'm sure you all would come for the RP, not to bugtest anyways.

So, with that, it is my decision to cease the orientation, due to lack of content preparation and my absence.
Instead, we'll work for an extended amount of time on the technicals, and get ready for an actual, official release sometime in the future.

Thanks for understanding.

Radek

Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Lucidius

Quote from: Radek on 19-03-2010
Srsly, i dont understand.

Understand what? Be more specific and read shit.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Col. StaR

Well the fact is that the "orientation" already ended, so what is there to understand?