Creatures of Desertia

Started by Genesis, 15-03-2010

Genesis

This is pretty much a list of creatures in Desertia. Note, this is not 100% complete and will be changed from time to time. NOTE: These are without pictures because their model may be changed.

Toxin Necrolytes

These horrific creatures are the result of four Toxin crabs attaching to a human host. They are extremely dangerous. Their bloated flesh absorbs a good deal of damage, and they can actually tear off Toxin Crabs and throw them.

Life Age Range: Unknown
Flesh Color: Purple, and diseased.
Attractions: Carrion, human victims
Natural Enemy: Formians, humans

Toxin Crab

Similar to Sand Crabs, Toxin Crabs are poisonous, and more than one can exist on the same host.

Life Age Range: 6-10 years
Flesh Color: Black, with stripes on the legs.
Attractions: Potential human victims
Natural Enemy: Formians

Necrolytes

The horrifying result of a successful Sand Crab attack. Necrolytes are essentially mindless zombies that attack everything.

Life Age Range: Unknown
Flesh Color: Human skin tones.
Attractions: Carrion, potential human victims
Natural Enemy: Formians, humans

Sandcrabs

Sand crabs are parasitic life forms that are capable of latching onto human victims and taking control of their bodies, mutating them into Necralytes.

Life Age Range:
Flesh Color: Yellowish-tan
Attractions: Human victims
Natural Enemy: Formians

War Wasps

The war wasps are natives of Desertia. They never attack anyone, and live in hives, deep under the ground. They forage sand to create hives and food out of it. They are quite small, but their poison is deadly, and will kill any species of animal within just half an hour. Rarely do they leave the hive unless they are disturbed by some unknown or natural forces in the caverns below.

Life Age Range: 1-5
Flesh Color: Yellow
Attractions: Sand and Other War wasps
Distractions: Humans or essences
Natural Enemy: None

Formians, the native creatures of Desertia

Like any other bug, it thrives and lives on it's own natural enemy. In this case, humans. It has an ability to burrow under the ground and travel great distances without being seen, and flight. They often appear as a 4 legged ant and size as big as a lion or large puma. When the formian is alert, it will proceed to drive it's enemy away from the nest or territorial grounds that it claimed. Formians are dangerous yet can be friendly when treated correctly.

Life Age Range: 1-20
Flesh Color: Varies
Attractions: Food of any kind
Distractions: Humans or essences
Natural Enemy: Humans

Mirage

Creature: Mirage
Found in: Large, empty areas, but prefers enclosed, dark spaces as well.
Favourite Prey: Anything
Eaten by: N/A
Travels in: Loose Packs, act individually.
Aggression: Moderately Aggressive

Mirages are a mystery of natural science, assumed that they somehow able to bend light through their own skin and slender frame. These beings are shown to exist in evidence and some questionable witness statements, but one has never been captured. They are claimed to be fast, lethal, nomadic creatures who roam the wastes at night for food, using body heat as an identifier for their prey. While Mirages are not accustomed to eating human flesh as regular prey, desperation, aggression, or natural adaptation may drive these enigmatic creatures to take human victims.

Hulk

Creature: Hulk
Found in: Harsh Desert Conditions
Favourite Prey: Humans
Eaten by: Sandworms
Travels in: Packs of 2 or 3.
Aggression: Neutral if not disturbed, but when provoked can turn into a savage beast.

Advice when running into one of these beasts: Recent research has shown that the creature may have a brain under its neck, if trained in firearms, aim for the neck. If not, run to the nearest cover and wait it out.

Sand Worm*

Creature: Sand Worm*
Found in: Large Bodies of undisturbed sand
Favourite Prey: Anything*
Eaten by: N/A
Travels in: N/A
Aggression: Assumed hostile

Science has yet to confirm an existence of a "Sand Worm", but local reports have often indicated to a massive, worm-like entity who slithers underneath the sand and consumes prey like a shark. Most are suggested to disregard the threat of a sandworm, but a few believe the superstition.

Feel free to give recommendations for new ones. They will be over looked.

Zstan

Add Sandworms. I remember being attacked by one of those while I was riding my jeep..creepy.

Genesis

Quote from: Zstan on 15-03-2010
Add Sandworms. I remember being attacked by one of those while I was riding my jeep..creepy.

'Alright sorry can't keep track of the creatures. I'll put that up later.

Col. StaR

Added the SandWorm and the Mirages.

Genesis

Can a former Desertia member go grab the pictures and update this shit?

Zstan

Native tribes of human-like creatures?

Bl★ck Star

Add Sand Pumas ^^

TurkeyKittin

Where are the Sand Pumas? My IC Character is doing research on them :3