Application Thread

Started by Col. StaR, 03-04-2010

Col. StaR

This thread is for applying for the Rebellion Faction.

Requirements for the Rebellion position:
(If you lack any/all of these requirements you will immediately be denied)
- Responsible and respectable behavior
- The ability to RP fairly and maturely in the face of punishment
- The trust of the admins.

This thread is where you will apply as a notification that you are interested in becoming part of the Rebellion.

First, copy and paste the following:
Quote1. Steam Name:
2. Character Name:

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because...
4.Link to character Backstory:

Then reply to this thread, paste the above fields, and fill them out accordingly.
Note that this is only a placeholder notification.
Admins will go through and either confirm or deny your application, based on the criteria they were given.

In order to fully be confirmed into the Rebellion, you must meet all of the requirements.  An admin will be notified of your current application status, and they will flag you.

IceFire

1. Steam Name: Icefire
2. Character Name: Hallai Krosmos

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because I am a great roleplayer and have a wide experience in roleplayer. I try the best of my ablility to roleplay, and I ensure that roleplay comes before killing.

Akira

1. Steam Name: |HGN-STSA| Akira
2. Character Name: Mathew Faith

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because... I am very interested in this kind of roleplay. I'm not immature or unexperienced after several years of serious roleplaying. I'll be dedicated to the server and the faction, trying to improve the roleplay. If you need some special information about me, you can contact me whenever I'm online. Anyways, I'll just continue with my backstory.

Mathew stranded on Desertia, after his little ship crashed into an asteroid field. He had some great luck that he didn't die. Fortunately, he had some oxygen, a gasmask and a parachute in his cargo. But he lost everything else beside his clothes and some useless scrap metal.

Luckily, he saw a small town when he was going down with his parachute. He couldn't reach it, dropped a few miles away from it. It was a long, very long walk. He had no water and was totally exhausted when he came to the town.
In town, it took him some while to find someone, but it was hard to find water. Nobody was going to give him some of the clear water. He had no other choice than drinking from a dirty, old well.
After almost threwing up from the dirtiest water he ever drank he started to find contacts in this little place. When he talked to some people, he heard about the Close Endeavors, a private military service. He looked out for some of them, in hope they could give him some clear water. Senseless. Even such people aren't ready to help.
A stranger stopped him. He took Mathew to his house, offering him a bottle of clear water. After a little chat, he gave Mathew a spare bed, not a good one, but atleast some place to sleep, and allowed him to enter his house whenever he wants to.
Weeks later, a corrupt CE rammed the door in, threatened Mathew and his mate, took some valuable things and was about to leave. The other guy tried to stop him, but got hit hard by the CE's weapon, suffering from a brain concussion later. He couldn't seek good medical attention. I think it's clear what happens when you can't find a good medic with a brain concussion. Yes, his friend died. Hard, but true.
Mathew swore himself to revenge his friend, who gave him a home and supplies. But he couldn't do this alone. He needs a group. An organization. A resistance.

Character Database: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/character-database/mathew-faith-(wip)/

Sniper3124

I would have to DENY Icefires Application, its pretty lame to be honest. But Akira your application is great SUPPORT from me, please remember to make a character backstory:

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/character-database/

Welshy

1. Steam Name:Welshy
2. Character Name:Robert Carhart

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because... I am mature, responsible and dedicated. The roleplay behind the Rebellion is alot deeper than first seen, and i believe i can contribute towards it. I have years of experiance at roleplaying and a trusted member of HGN. I am interested in the rebellion genre of roleplaying and will do my best to follow their ethos. For any further information please contact me on SteamFriends.

Confusion. The only thing Robert knows. Waking up on Desertia, he has no recollection of his past, where he is or what his job is. Wandering the streets of the Desertian town, questioning random people of the town and the area. Upon discovering he is on Desertia, and hearing the rumors of the planet, he went into a frenzy, damaging the surrounding area. Once he came to his senses he ran into hiding, before the Close Endeavors came to investigate.

A short while after fleeing he was alone, helpless, confused. After realising what he did, he accepted it and decided to turn himself over to Close Endeavors, Before reaching a C.E personel, he was confronted by someone who knew him, an old friend of his. They talked for a short while, before they had to flee due to a C.E patrol nearing them. After finding a moderately safe place to hide, they talked. Talked about Robert, and his past with the person. During the conversation, they we're supprised by C.E Operatives, where they moved into the location they where. The only thing that they could do was run, but if they did they would be gunned down. Roberts friend told him something that would haunt him for life. He told him to run, before he revealed gun and started firing on the C.E. After escaping, he was overthrown with guilt of leaving a friend he could not remember, to die.

A short time after, he gathered himself and vowed that he wouldn't let anyone of his friends die the same way and began his journey to bring down the Close Endeavor system upon Desertia. He searched out for find others who had similar beliefs as him, hoping they would aid him in his quest.

I am Soldier - Play Free Online Games

ISPYUDIE

1. Steam Name: |HGN|ISPYUDIE - JC2 FTW
2. Character Name: Robert Yurdansky

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because: I am a mature and responsible Roleplayer, I am friendly towards other players, and I am ambitious to try RP from a different perspective.

My Biography is located here - http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/character-database/robert-yurdansky/

And thank you for taking the time to read over my application.

klp4

1. Steam Name: Klp4
2. Character Name: Rick Scordino

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because...
I'm a mature and serious roleplayer. I take this RP serious and I want to create good and fun rp situations for other players as well. I believe that I can contribute quite a lot to The Rebellion because, I'm very creative and I'm quite good at coming up with different kinds of rp situations, I enjoy passive rp and I'm very interested in The Rebellion and it's story.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Sniper3124

+Support (Klp4)

Genesis

1. Steam Name: |HGN-DESA| Genesis
2. Character Name: Flynn Brooks

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because I believe I can give the Rebellion an actual cause. It seems that the rebellion is in need of a leader to guide it, and I alread discussed the reinvention of the Rebellion with Col. StaR. My idea is that the Rebellion will be miners and underpaid workers rather than a bunch of random doods rebelling against nothing. The underpaid workers would be rebelling against Xenon Entities Managment, to get equal pay and fairness. The rebellion would start out as protestors, and eventually advance to a rank of where we had black-hawk down scenarios. I hope you agree with my idea, and heres a link to my characters page.

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/character-database/flynn-brooks/

Btw +Support Klp4

Welek

1. Steam Name: Welek
2. Character Name: Dante Caspian

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because... I would qualify becuase I am a good roleplayer, I've been told I've been in the Resistance on HGN's Hl2RP (Leader probably not the best one tho.) and in the TnB Resistance before a wipe. I'm not going to make a character backstory because all it would be is where my character is from and his childhood. He is a underpaided Miner who is sick of being treated like trash. If you want PM me and I will send you a small Journal of my characters life in the mines. I believe I have some support, I am only doing this because I believe the resistance/rebellion is how Genesis said (I half-created that idea) and thanks to Genesis he really shinned a light on Desertia for me.

4.Link to character Backstory: N/A Read above.

MatthewOBrien

+1 Support for Genesis.

Zombiehunta

+Support Genesis. I'd like to see a reform.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Zstan

Genesis's idea sounds very good. The rebellion never really had a actual fighting purpose (Or I can't recall it..)

It would be nice to see CE actually have something to worry about.

Yzooo

+Support Genesis.

TurkeyKittin

+Support Genesis. That sounds great! A reform would be very intresting to see.

Genesis

So many supports :P!!!! If Zstan's and Welek's count

Paintcheck

1. Steam Name: ski008 (display name is |HGN-STSA| Paintcheck
2. Character Name: Erica Hall

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because... I'm mature, responsible, don't power game, and doesn't afraid of anything. I've been an admin on the STALKER server for a while now and have had no demerits or complaints filed against me. I also know how to RP being outnumbered, outgunned, and possibly afraid or unsure which is an asset in an org such as the rebellion (which would lose some of its appeal if we weren't afraid of the overwhelming CE and XEM forces/resources).
4.Link to character Backstory: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/character-database/erica-hall/ ((Will add some more info about finding the rebellion if needed, would rather just RP it but I understand you might want/need some context.))

(Btw this isn't a leader application only is it? I just want to be a member)
+Support Genesis for leader.

Fluffy

+Support for Genesis. :P

Sov

+Support Genesis for leader
Just here to kick ass and chew bubble gum.

AND I'M ALL OUT O' BUBBLEGUM.

Zstan

QuoteIf Zstan's and Welek's count

Haters gonna' hate.

klp4

+ Support for Genesis!

I would love to see a reform, and I think that Gen's idea is great.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Delta

1. Steam Name: Delta_Hunter

2. Character Name: David Miller

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because... [IC] I Am Tired Of XEM Oppressing Us! We Deserve to have Desertia as a Free Place for Common people like me. We Deserve more than people hitting us with bats and stealing our food when we hole up in our homes. I Am Tired of the Goverment Controlling Desertia! I want the Free Desertia! Free for everyone

[OOC] I always wanted to roleplay a rebel in a Goverment controlled enviroment. And im a good roleplayer and good team-member.

4.Link to character Backstory:  http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/character-database/david-miller/msg71303/#msg71303

Sniper3124

You must make a character page on the character database, look at the applicant above you. He did it correctally

TurkeyKittin

1. Steam Name: TurkeyKittin
2. Character Name: Maltuck Nebula

3. Reason: I would qualify for the Rebellion because... I am an experienced roleplayer. I have roleplayed for many years and have lead the rebels on a few servers. I have heavily built up my character story, as you will see in my Bio. Look at the Xenon Managment one(Thankyou Genesis). It is not even completely finished. I believe that my character's personality would fit the rebellion very well. He has a very large grudge ATM also for CE. He has killed three so far. But back to me. I love serious roleplaying and I believe that I will be sticking with the Desertia Community for a very long time. I have taken such a liking to the script and the idea of it all. I know how to act, and when to act, and I believe that I would be a valuable asset to the faction. But here is my story. By the way, I was very tired while writing this, and my story, so please excuse any mistakes. -.- It's 1 AM. I have a Migraine. Plus I'm on a medication that makes me sleepy. How fun.
4.Link to character Backstory: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/character-database/maltuck-nebula/

Genesis

Well....I hate timezones. I can't confirm that I will be the leader. Col. StaR supports me, but says he wants to see how I lead. I was doing a few events earlier today, with the miners and shit, but it's a shame he wasn't around to see that. Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to him today. If so, expect someone to finally check those applications :P.