Why is Crussaria Inactive?

Started by Pink!, 02-02-2011

Nargotah

Quote from: Last.Exile on 06-02-2011
After this week i am free for awhile to work on projects before i move onto my programming course and my new career job. Crussaria is still my main focus point but when i think about Fallout it's pretty much all there apart from a lack of playermodels which "blake" still has not given me. Crussaria needs alot of work to set the parameters to stop said "lol knights" "lol mages" and "lol kings" appearing. The current main flaw with Crussaria atm though is the map. Ive spent countless hours already looking for maps but to no such luck. Ralazo is working on a map at the momment and ill probably do some work on part of a map soon.

So um, do you like, read the posts? You know, that people are asking about? The multiple paragraphs asking you why people can't use their characters from a year ago?

mikeywrenn

What's the IP?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Duranblackraven

You don't get to join it unless you're a veteran donator, or Last.Exile gives you permission. So stop spamming that.

mikeywrenn

Oh right, that pretty much explains why the server's active then..
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Paintcheck

Quote from: mikeywrenn on 06-02-2011

It actually was when people could use their characters, it was far more active than SRP was for a good 2 weeks with just donators on. So uh...if you don't know the story you probably shouldn't post.

OBrian

Quote from: Paintcheck on 06-02-2011
Quote from: mikeywrenn on 06-02-2011

It actually was when people could use their characters, it was far more active than SRP was for a good 2 weeks with just donators on. So uh...if you don't know the story you probably shouldn't post.

That.

Characters - Stalker RP
Diederik 'Ghost' Sigmund - Mercenary - Alive
Archibald 'Joker' Jung - Freedom Trader - Alive
Characters - Crussaria RP
Durinos Rahl - First Wizard - Alive

Silver Knight

Quote from: Mrtasker on 06-02-2011
What wrong with the current map? I think its great.

You think of Crussaria as some small tiny project. One server, one map and nothing really going on besides some people roleplaying.

That's not what Crussaria is. Eventually i plan to have multiple servers rigged up on large scale maps. It's more so rpg than roleplay because the script will handle most things. This is not a duplicate of olden or something that has been done before.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Tom

Then if its an RPG I want nothing to do with it. Ill just play WoW or any of the other dozens of RPGs out there
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Mrtasker

Quote from: Tom on 06-02-2011
Then if its an RPG I want nothing to do with it. Ill just play WoW or any of the other dozens of RPGs out there

This, I don't want to play an RPG. I come to HGN for roleplay, I can play an RPG fantasy game anywhere.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

OBrian

Quote from: Mrtasker on 06-02-2011

This, I don't want to play an RPG. I come to HGN for roleplay, I can play an RPG fantasy game anywhere.

This.

Characters - Stalker RP

Silver Knight

As ive stated many times before it's not going to be like wow or any crappy mmorpg which require no skill. Crussaria will not have a leveling  up system. But nor will it be a small map on one server with just roleplay as it's core element. It will have these rpg features to enhance the world and provide management and features and help outline what the player can and cannot do.

Mrtasker

Thats all well and good but, the essense of quality roleplay is freedom. With all these RPG'ish limitations the quality of the roleplay will drop because things that could be easliy roleplayed would be replaced by these "features".

When the alpha first started up, we had around 15 peope most days I think. Bare bones script and a lot of Freedom, the RP in that was really good. I don't mean to sound like i'm bitching, but the more roleplay elements you suppliment with fancy scripts or whatever, the less people will feel that RP is a necessity.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Pink!

Actually, I disagree. If I understand correctly, the script and restrictions will force people to work, significantly, in acquiring the powers and armor they need to become a skilled character.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Paintcheck

No one wants to grind for 50+ hours to develop the "skills" they need to play their character. Or at least everyone I know doesn't. Plus stats inherently lead to powergaming which is never fun since people go "My HP is 500001305010013050130531050130130 so I can shrug off getting stabbed in the back and then whirl around and kill you". Which makes RP really, really stupid. It's bad enough that on STALKER back in the day people who had certain armors were acting like bullets suddenly didn't hurt, I don't want MORE legitimacy given to people who want to powergame balantly. Freedom is why we RP, there a bunch of professionally coded games that would give us number crunching far more satisfactorily than anything Gmod could do.

Tom

I don't mind working for swords and armor. But The way Magic is currently set up where you are born with it and you are trained from a young age. (O'Brians group) I don't think they'd have difficulty casting simple spells. Also, to "Work" for magic what would one do? Surely you don't plan on making it a buyable attribute, or a stat that you can farm by doing some action 101491240912 times. In short some things are okay to work for, other things should be left to be done freely. then again, I do have to say I enjoyed the 100% freedom that one had in the very begining that only a small few disliked.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

OBrian

Quote from: Tom on 07-02-2011
I don't mind working for swords and armor. But The way Magic is currently set up where you are born with it and you are trained from a young age. (O'Brians group) I don't think they'd have difficulty casting simple spells. Also, to "Work" for magic what would one do? Surely you don't plan on making it a buyable attribute, or a stat that you can farm by doing some action 101491240912 times. In short some things are okay to work for, other things should be left to be done freely. then again, I do have to say I enjoyed the 100% freedom that one had in the very begining that only a small few disliked.

Exactly. Some things I understand need to be grinded as Silver wants, like swordsmanship and craftsmanship but some things need to be left alone, for example, magic, werewolves and vampires. I don't want to seem like a self-promoting bastard but if we simply stick to my group and a few others whom apply for magic-users with an inordinate number of administrator reccomendations (Perhaps require an Community Supervisor recco or Cutch/Silvers?) then that will effectively solve the magic issue and lay Silvers fear of "Lolmages" to rest.

Characters - Stalker RP

Tom

Indeed. Making Mage a Farm able attribute (Horrible idea) would do one of two things. Waste YOUR time coding cause no one will use it but that one guy who has way too much time to devote to farming, and he will become very powerful OOCly/ICly even though he is a fucking peasant. Or B you will have 381983098 "Mages" running around cause they are all powerful and have "Worked" for their skill (AKA Fired magic missiles at a rock for 1414 Hours)
Oh boy.

Silver Knight

People cannot do magic. You have to unlock it first and it takes years of training to get it to a good level. You will have to choose a dominate spell set. There are two traits that will effect your spells. These will be set by admins.

Tom

Thats basically what we do now. Minus the Stats. We have people who hunt the hated mages. And mages unlocked their abilities a while ago. Essentially what O'Brian has going right now. The only thing is we need Admin monitoring, and if you'd like SWEPS that can be given to Mages then do so.
Oh boy.

Steven :D

Quote from: Tom on 08-02-2011
Thats basically what we do now. Minus the Stats. We have people who hunt the hated mages. And mages unlocked their abilities a while ago. Essentially what O'Brian has going right now. The only thing is we need Admin monitoring, and if you'd like SWEPS that can be given to Mages then do so.
The inquisitors strike again!

OBrian

Works out great for everyone :)

Characters - Stalker RP

Silver Knight

[/quote

When I talked abbout traits. Its just stats. Actually gaining and using magic will be done via script. Besides magic is not a high priority to crussarias development. Meaning it wont be part of it for ages to come after it goes public.

eroticduck

Maybe it's inactive because people have to pay 20 dorrah just to get in? Just a theory.

Paintcheck

It's a bad theory because the server had 20+ people on it every day for two weeks when it first came out and it has always been donator access only.

And your use of the word "jew" isn't called for. I would edit your post before Tom or Cutch or someone smacks you for racism.

Turkey

Quote from: Paintcheck on 15-02-2011
It's a bad theory because the server had 20+ people on it every day for two weeks when it first came out and it has always been donator access only.

And your use of the word "jew" isn't called for. I would edit your post before Tom or Cutch or someone smacks you for racism.

Jew is not a racist word. My parents are jewish and they don't mind using the name Jew, unless he said something like "DIRTY FUCKING JEWS"