Supporting House of Hollingsworth

Started by Blake.H, 14-07-2011

Blake.H

House of Hollingsworth

Backstory: Two centenaries ago, under the house of Hagl, pioneers discovered Iron Ore depositions in the vast forest of Ieta.
Shortly after discovery a small area was cleared at the edge of the forest, by the house of Hagl. Over the next couple of years a mine and mining village were established. The village was named after the forest which was slowly being cut down, the village of Ieta. The ammount of Iron Ore in Ieta was spectacular, with in five decades the nearby village of Ieta was bustling with workers and their families. Another Five decades on, roughly 100 years ago, the village of Ieta was recognised as a small mining town by the ruling house of Hagl.

Shortly after being recognised as a town, a war broke out between The House of Hagl and the House of Bromithil, following the kings death. This war put extra pressure and workload on the mine and smithies surrounding it to produce Iron Bars, weapons and armor.  After a three year war the small House of Hagl was destroyed by the much larger house of Bromithil.

The ruler of Ieta, Lord M. Hollingsworth declared the town and surrounding villages to be under the control of The Newly Founded House of Hollingsworth. And after extensive talks with the house of Bromithil were allowed to stay as an independent-supportive house of Bromithil. Three decades (seventy years ago) after its independence the mine ran dry of Iron Ore. This was a disaster for the town of Ieta and the ruling house of Hollingsworth. With the miners out of work, the ore and arms ceasing to be exported and the lack of alternate trade goods sent Ieta and the House in a downward spiral. The town fell into disrepair and most of the old smithies and houses became derelict due to the emigration of the towns populace. Lord M. Hollingsworth developed severe health difficulties and died roughly 40 years ago, naming his son; Lord R. Hollingsworth his predecessor.

Ten Years ago, what was left of the former mining town discovered a red-orange soil after the river flooded a field removing the surface of it. A fresh Iron Vein had been discovered. With this, the House of Hollingsworth saw an opportunity to reclaim their monopoly over Iron Bar Export. They began immediate construction of a new mine and began to re-open the old smithies.

A year ago Lord R. Hollingsworth sent out diplomats to the North in an attempt to find buyers for their Iron Bars, leading to one of the Diplomats, his assistant and their guards ending up in Ravendale.

Faction Status
House Status: This house is a supporting House of Bromithil.
Current Leader of House: Lord R. Hollingsworth II
Dependencies: None
Guilds\Groups bound to house: None
Houses sworn to House Hollingsworth: None

This is WIP.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"