In reference to future Adventurers and Magicians/Wizards

Started by Cutch, 21-09-2011

Cutch

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THING
We know a lot of you did not like Crussaria because it might have been considered boring because the only thing you could do was be a peasant, as per SK's directive. However, following Operation Going Back to Roots, we will be bringing back adventuring.

In fantasy settings, the imagination is key. So I simply ask you to be creative(while following canon, of course) and original in your characters. Not to say you cannot take inspiration from someone, or the looks from your favorite book/TV show/movie, we are just requesting you put your brain to work when you make a character, and make them have flaws. To boil it down, make sure your character has flaws, and isn't powerful.

Also, a key person in the server are the workers who get the materials. Last Exile's NPC traders made it easier to acquire materials without having 13294790 people interacting in the trade, so we do not need as many craftsmen. But remember mining, woodcrafting, and smithing are very rewarding fields for you entrepreneurs.

Canon
We are reversing back to Zombiehunta and my own canon, due to the lack of any better substitution. As of right now, I can only give you a general outline until I gather all the material together between myself and Zombie. There are four realms, otherwise known as the Four Centers.

There is Khopal, the land of the East. Khopal is inhabited by exotic civilizations that occasionally war with each other, but usually find peace in coin. This naturally negotiable attitude makes them very economic based, with hundreds of ships from the other realms coming in to port each day for its rich, exotic foods and silks. It has the Johkel, an expansive desert dotted with oasis, acting as a barrier between it and the other realms. Only the knowledgeable and most disciplined caravans cross the desert successfully, making land trade expensive. Alternatively, its ports are huge, boasting the ability to harbor over a hundred ships at a time.

To the north, there are the winter tribes of Gaesgro. Famous for their smiths, it is told they were long ago sons of pureblood giants that bred with humans. In the eyes of the humans, they were bastards and abandoned. The underground dwarves adopted them, teaching them the art of the hammer and anvil. However, the half-giants mysteriously ended up back in the bitter cold. Whether the dwarves abandoned them or not is unknown. What is known, to an unfortunate many, is their brute strength. When outcasts fled to the southern lands, they found jobs as sellswords and smiths. It was often the latter, due to their skill at decapitating men and seemingly endless strength. Often wielding massive swords and axes, Gaesgro tribesmen are strong, but very slow. Many bravos have found their way around the brutes through careful, quick movement, dodging their deadly blows and delivering their own.

Ambertol, or the great desert, lies to the southern lands. A desert people, Ambertolians are said to be the remnants of an ancient civilization, the Ma'Rhan, that had ruled all four realms with powerful magic. Five hundred years ago, however, the Ambertoli destroyed the kingdom, causing the ancients to withdraw to their sacred lands. Now, ruins are all that remains of a once great and prosperous people. While magic is still alive in the Great Desert, an order of Ambertoli knights known as the Order of the Violet Sun keeps a close eye for performers of the dark arts. Ambertoli warriors often wear light clothing and shemaghs to block the sand from blowing into their face. They also favor scimitars and other light weapons.

Crussaria, the Western Realm, holds all sorts of climates. From the Central Plains, to the Western Sea, to the Byros Mountains and Iron Woods to the north, to the rich pipeweed, sugarcane, and cotton plantations to the south, and the Tigoal Jungle to the east. Crussaria is the largest of realm, ruled by over a hundred houses controlled by one royal house. The nobles battle in the game of thrones with as much deceit as battle. As Crussaria is a noble heirarchy, several knights and adventurers seek fame in this central kingdom. Native Crussarians favor traditional blades and war hammers, depending on the region and house they come from.

Magic
Magic will not be introduced currently. When the servers get back up, I will be primarily focused on just getting the population of the server up. The sooner we accomplish that, the sooner we can get magic implemented.

On a canon basis, we will be overlooking the citadel system idealized by Silverknight. This is mostly because it simply will not conform to the server setting we desire. However, wizards and other persons possessing magical abilities will be held with fear and disdain by the general server population. Magic is unknown and seen as violation of morality, with the exception of Ambertoli, where they keep it extremely limited and hunt down anyone performing hostile acts with magic.

Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress. I appreciate your input, and most of all thank you if you play on the server and help get Crussaria to be the #1 Medieval Roleplay, as it deserves to be.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Paintcheck

I'm sure you're talking to Zombiehunta about this but

Ambertol is the place, the people are called "Ambertoli". Also the desert is Ma'Rhan iirc and the native Ma'Rhanians are the ones with the magic knowledge, they were subjugated by the Ambertoli after Ambertol conquered their shit and wrecked their kingdom.

At least that is my recollection of how that story went.

KingArthur

Ravanger

I got a boner when I seen the Eastern and southern lands, well all the lands and shit.

Be nice to see different human races around somewhat well a few foriegn guys here and there.
Mainly since I always wanted to somewhat try and make my bandit like a real northern tribesmen but wasen't enough cannon or auth system yet.