Dead Again :|

Started by Zstan, 13-09-2011

Zstan

Haven't seen a single person on the server in the past month.

I am disappoint.

Cutch

Quote from: Zstan on 13-09-2011
Haven't seen a single person on the server in the past month.

I am disappoint.
It really is Arthur and my own fault. We didnt exactly have the activity to make a series of events to keep everyone interested. But also, a problem is that everyone will get absorbed into a craft instead of the roleplay.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

KingArthur

When people WERE on they were much more interested in making money then role playing. Dunno how you can blame anyone for that.

ThY

I dislike the idea of it turning into a RPG and not the RP's HGN are acustom to. Correct me if im mis-informed, but its where I see its headed.

Paintcheck

Quote from: KingArthur on 14-09-2011
When people WERE on they were much more interested in making money then role playing. Dunno how you can blame anyone for that.

I can think of at least one excellent candidate to blame for that. I honestly don't understand why it is so hard for Silver to move away from this idea that "gear and crafting and stats" are the most important facets of the server. The first launch of Crussaria was perfect and every iteration since then has gotten worse and worse. Leave the fucking script alone and let people RP how they want to with /me's. Goddamn it's not rocket science. Crussaria's first launch on Mountain Village was at like 10-20 people a day and it was restricted to donors only. There was very little content but everyone had a blast playing on it. Server went public and the player counts were stretching into the 30s on some days. Then things fell apart when suddenly it was declared that everyone had to be a peasant, that all goods had to be crafted, that you had to mine shit etc. No one wants to do any of that. When people play Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder they don't RP farmers who plant their field day in and day out. People want to adventure so if you must focus a script on something, focus on that not a shit ton of RPG features that no one asked for. If we want to play an RPG we'll play Oblivion or Skyrim in 2 months or WoW (which is now Free to Play). The reason many of us don't play those games is because they are grinds for gear and stats and not actual role playing.

For the love of god, focus on the role play and not the roll play. I've been screaming this at anyone who will listen every time anything related to Crussaria gets spoken by anyone within a 1000000 mile radius I know Cutch and Tom have too. Experience has shown that the server does not get more popular when more RPG grinding shit is added so why is that what keeps getting worked on? I'm sure the crafting system works great but no one ever played a an RPG because the crafting was fun (...other than Terraria or Minecraft I guess). Silver, you've tried just about everything other than doing what many of us have asked for. Where is the harm in setting the canon and just letting people go? That worked fine the last time (before all the canon was removed for no apparent reason).

/rant. I am so tired of having my hopes constantly crushed by this server.

Ragolution

It's okay paintcheck. I understand.

Recreas

I agree with Paintcheck, though the blame might rest a bit on me aswell. I've noticed that with my admin activity I'd atleast have around 5 people on every day (I know it isn't a lot but better than none!) without my activity (as in the recent weeks, sorry for that. Just busy with school it just started) it was almost nobody. So I'd find it more logical if we get more admins for Crussaria cause it seems that how much people say they hate admins now and then, they never seem to like it without admins either.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves