Crussaria Revival

Started by Cutch, 18-09-2011

Cutch

HyperGamer Network
Garry's Mod Department
Crussaria Medieval Fantasy Roleplay

Operation: Returning to Roots

A History
As many of you know, Crussaria began as a pipedream. Several people can testify Crussaria was the cruel joke of HGN Development, the stillborn child. It crushed dreams, mostly those persons dedicated to the creation of its canon. It killed its own personality several times, to the disdain of the canon writers. Starting with Silverknight then MattyK and Plunger's book of canon(Yes, it was quite a book), going all the way to Zombiehunter and my own canon. All were written very well, and had original material.

It was not until perhaps six months prior to now that progress was made in Crussaria. First, Paintcheck and I bugged SK into running a server with a pretty much blank tacoscript. While some of you might say "Thats not too hard", half the veterans in HGN can give you their word that getting SK to do anything is near impossible. The most important thing of all, though, was that the server was fun. We proved that you didn't need a script or SWEPs to roleplay. A couple months after this, Silverknight began scripting what he promised as "the most developed economic system" for a script. This, certaintly delivered upon. But this was not without fault, for many disliked the changes that had been made for Crussaria. Several players yearned for the days of balance between script and roleplay, when everyone roleplayed something interesting and had fun instead of trying to craft something.

The Question
Now, loyal players of HGN. I know not many of you have traveled with us through this journey, but you are still the lifeblood of this server. It is time again for the lifeblood to fill the server. But first, I must ask you the question that will ring through the server's bones for months and, hopefully, years to come. That question is...

Are you ready?

"Ready for what?" you might ask. Are you ready to make your fun? Not only for yourself but for others. To have opportunity, not only in the community, but in the server? This is not a question to be answered trivially, for you must be ready to embrace your fellow players as you would brothers; To respect the administration; to create and value genuine roleplay over items and loot.

I have already asked myself this question, and answered wholeheartedly "yes." I am dedicating myself to making this a good roleplay experience for all of you, as will all the admins on this server. All we ask in return is you give us respect as you would any guardian, and try to have fun.

Changes
Really, there won't be that many changes. Arthur has made an excellent job attempting to organize guilds and everything. All we are doing is improving activity, both on the player and admins part. Also, we will be launching more events and establishing canon.
In the nobility, the houses will be filled, and the game of thrones will begin.
Among the regulars, they will not be without rewards... or troubles.
And all will be stalked by the creatures of the night.
[/tt]

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Steven :D

I'm totally ready for this.

Paintcheck

Make it Dungeons and Dragons rather than Runescape and it will be back in business.

Uberman7788

Make it original rather then either of those and it will be back in business.

Paintcheck

Uberman clearly did not understand what was being said above.

Chrono

Bring it on, my body is ready.

Paintcheck

I have some of the Cliff Notes of Zombie's canon if you need them since he seems to have disappeared from Steam for the past 2 weeks.

Plunger

Quote from: Paintcheck on 18-09-2011
Make it Dungeons and Dragons rather than Runescape and it will be back in business.

Paintcheck

That sure was some nice revivaling I saw, what with the 0/45 for the past 3 weeks.

Plunger

Quote from: Paintcheck on 11-10-2011
That sure was some nice revivaling I saw, what with the 0/45 for the past 3 weeks.
Holy shit we're already doing better then FRP.

KingArthur

... Because we all know its easier to START something off right then REVIVE it later.

Cutch

I've been trying to get into contact with LE for the past two weeks, and incase you didnt hear

I just got out of the hospital so I've been kind of busy

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Silver Knight

Quote from: Cutch on 12-10-2011
I've been trying to get into contact with LE for the past two weeks, and incase you didnt hear

I just got out of the hospital so I've been kind of busy

I can't even get on steam in my dorm, im working alot atm and busy with other shit.. nightlife etc ;)

If your going to demand\beg for more powers than your "moderator" ones then the answer is no, im tired of delegating power to people for it to not be used or abused.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

KingArthur

[/quote]
busy with other shit.. nightlife etc ;)
[/quote]
Bowchikawowwo

Steven :D

Quote from: KingArthur on 12-10-2011

busy with other shit.. nightlife etc ;)
[/quote]
Bowchikawowwo
[/quote]

Failed.

Silver Knight

You know, it's a crime to fail at bbcode.

KingArthur

Gonztah

Quote from: KingArthur on 13-10-2011

That aint no guard. Thats just a modern toilet with an automatic asswiper.

Silver Knight