Why are you watching Anime ?

Started by mleczko35, 17-02-2012

mleczko35

Well, I started at manga, a lot of years ago, it was Dragon Ball or something. It was just interesting. Dragon Ball still keeps me in suspense. They are better than TV, I think. I don't use my TV.

Silver Knight

Was really biased about it before i was 16. "Oh probably rubbish, boring cartoons" Is what i thought before then. Started with Love Hina as i had nothing to do, watched it and got really into it. Now i watch alot because the storylines are quite interesting. There's a huge variety out there.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

meetdadoom

Love hina... Love...fucking...hina is what got you into anime?
Excuse me, I have to go yell at cats in the corner.

All shits and giggles aside, I am not a "fan" of anime yet, I've watched a handful of good ones. I have to credit Tsunami on Cartoon network and then what really made me enjoy was Adult Swim having Cowboy Bepop and Samurai Champloo and Full metal Alchamist. All three being my favorites.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

RanmaChan

I don't know why I watch anime, I just like it better than most things on TV here.
And Love Hina was a great anime, lol.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Silver Knight

Quote from: meetdadoom on 17-02-2012
Love hina... Love...fucking...hina is what got you into anime?
Excuse me, I have to go yell at cats in the corner.

All shits and giggles aside, I am not a "fan" of anime yet, I've watched a handful of good ones. I have to credit Tsunami on Cartoon network and then what really made me enjoy was Adult Swim having Cowboy Bepop and Samurai Champloo and Full metal Alchamist. All three being my favorites.

Love Hina was a unserious anime, funny and rude, but interesting.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

mleczko35

Anyway, I didn't watch Love Hina, but I'm going to, I've got a lot of free time now. We can learn something about Japan/China culture, and there's some of funny moments. I like all long animes, I don't like these with 11-12 episodes, because it's the best moment and anime, and the end. I think, that just depends on viewer, same with TV series, somebody can like comedy ones, and other might like action ones.

RanmaChan

Quote from: mleczko35 on 18-02-2012
Anyway, I didn't watch Love Hina, but I'm going to, I've got a lot of free time now. We can learn something about Japan/China culture, and there's some of funny moments. I like all long animes, I don't like these with 11-12 episodes, because it's the best moment and anime, and the end. I think, that just depends on viewer, same with TV series, somebody can like comedy ones, and other might like action ones.

I find the shorter ones to sometimes be the best ones.  More condensed, better plot, more action, less filler.  But I suppose it is up to the individual.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: RanmaChan on 18-02-2012

I find the shorter ones to sometimes be the best ones.  More condensed, better plot, more action, less filler.  But I suppose it is up to the individual.

Squid Girl

meetdadoom

Quote from: RanmaChan on 18-02-2012

this

Chrono

Well, for me anime is entertaining and it's much better than most of the shows that airs on TV here...also 12-26 episodes series are better, less filler more plot and better animation and art.

deluxulous

I remember watching a season of Gundam that was really fucking good but I can't remember the name of it or anything

Ragolution

Quote from: PistolKid on 18-02-2012
I remember watching a season of Gundam that was really fucking good but I can't remember the name of it or anything

Gundam Wing

or

G Gundam

Paintcheck

I don't.

Longer Answer: Because I already watched Cowboy Bebop already and I can't think of any other animes that hold any appeal with the weird magical girl/fetish/other bizarre Japanese shit they cram into it.

Lexo

I loved to watch Anime from a young age and I still enjoy it now so..  :)

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 18-02-2012
I don't.

Longer Answer: Because I already watched Cowboy Bebop already and I can't think of any other animes that hold any appeal with the weird magical girl/fetish/other bizarre Japanese shit they cram into it.

Samurai Champloo.

Samurai.

Champloo.

meetdadoom

XenosLokios

Cause I like watching anime on my free time of course. Anime's better than american cartoons, except South Park and Futurama and American Dad! and Family Guy.