Katawa Soujo thread.

Started by General Cole, 11-02-2012

Bl★ck Star

Why is everyone so obsessed with Katawa Shoujo recently ?

RanmaChan

Dunno, but even Portkins linked it to me, saying I should play it.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 11-02-2012
Dunno, but even Portkins linked it to me, saying I should play it.

Whole Story:

Arcc: Port everyone is telling me to play this game.
Me: It looks like one of those shitty hentai dating sim thigns
Arcc: Yeah.
Me: Let's make Arthy play it.
Arcc: Lolk

General Cole

I don't even know why I like Katawa Soujo so much, I just do. Maybe it's because I have a deep rooted fetish for disabled people, who knows.

meetdadoom

It's the second most played game on Reddit.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

General Cole

Quote from: meetdadoom on 11-02-2012

What would the first be? I'm going to guess Skyrim?
Not much of a Reddit fan, myself.

meetdadoom

Quote from: General Cole on 11-02-2012
Quote from: meetdadoom on 11-02-2012

What would the first be? I'm going to guess Skyrim?
Not much of a Reddit fan, myself.

You guessed it. I think the one of the reasons why this game is catching on popularity is because of how the game ended up getting developed. Interesting story

"The game originated in a sketch created by Japanese doujinshi artist Raita.[3][4] From January 2007, the sketch was discussed extensively on the 4chan image board, and a development group was assembled from users of 4chan and other internet communities. The group took the name Four Leaf Studios (based on 4chan's logo). On April 29, 2009, the team released an "Act One" preview.[5] Act 1 has since been updated for several additional languages; As of v5, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, German, Hungarian, and both Traditional and Simplified Chinese are included. As of January 4, 2012, the full game has been released in English only.
Following the game's release, Four Leaf Studios announced it had no plans for its members to collaborate on any new projects.[6]
Characters"---Wikipedia

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Khorn

I think people love it so much cause of all the feels you get in the game.

Bl★ck Star

Yeah but what I wonder is why every is coming up witht he game now. It's so old already, I played it when it was released and noone knew about that Game and now all out of a sudden I see Katawa Shoujo everywhere.

lolKieck

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 12-02-2012
Yeah but what I wonder is why every is coming up witht he game now. It's so old already, I played it when it was released and noone knew about that Game and now all out of a sudden I see Katawa Shoujo everywhere.
Popculture is always late.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Silver Knight

It got mass downloaded on tpb and it went completely viral. Some things take awhile to become viral.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Plunger

StickyWicket

Bl★ck Star

Close the courtains. Tward Snipers out there.

Ragolution

Lucidius

I really have no idea why it's so popular all of a sudden.

As for the game its self, it's well written, the characters are believable and really cool, and their disabilities arn't fetishised or anything (people over re-act).

Why people might find the game romantic? Because it draws peple in with personal connections and then makes them want to help whoever or the whole 'your disability doesn't matter because I love YOU" thing goin on.

As some one who's legally blind IRL (sup i'm lily), if anyone was to like me romantically it wouldn't be because they have a fetish for blind people, it'de be because of me personally or my looks/style; boh of these are not lacking because of their disabilities ergo it really isn't about sexual attraction towards disabilities.

Anyways, rant. Figured you might want to hear the opinion on KS from some one who is actually disabled.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Lucidius on 14-03-2012
I really have no idea why it's so popular all of a sudden.