Ghost Story/Bakemonogatari

Started by Lucidius, 28-03-2010

Lucidius

Bakemonogatari is a short 15 episode series based on a third year high-school student who helps various females with 'oddities' that inflict them. The oddities themselves are generally curses, ranging from gods, to occult items, and even spirits.

The main thing I enjoyed about Bakemonogatari was that there was alot of character developement, because each arc focused on one character's story, and then they'de play a part in the story after they're 'saved.

Srsly, I attached to most of the characters, and the way the show works is, it's generally an emotional roller coaster. You see them in their worst moments, and then a few minutes later it'll be all fun and games, and then it'll jump into a mellow mood, all very easily.

The humor is...it's funny but it's perverted alot of the time. I found it laugh laugh funny alot of the time though.

There's a few segments with fighting, but it's mostly based entirely around character conversations and dialog, which is lovely. The segments it DOES have fighting are generally really well done though. There's one that's NAYROOTOE over the top, but that's because the main character was going into the fight to die.

The animation style is unique, and it juxstopose's the mood alot of the time.

Can't think of much else, i'll edit this later but I highly recommend it for the average fag.

Oh, forgot how badass the OST is;

Bakemonogatari Opening 4 - Renai Circulation - (BD-version)

[Bakemonogatari] Hachikuji,you're so cuuute! - AHHHHH!

[Bakemonogatari] Nyaa~

[Bakemonogatari] Koyomi vs Suruga Monkey (Bluray Version)

Protip; His special power is the ability to not die easily/semi-immortality. He makes the perfect sparring dummy. (if your thinking "HOW THE FUCK IS HE ALIVE")
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]