Anime Debate?

Started by bradyhott, 12-04-2011

bradyhott

Alright, I just need to know what the "real" reasoning behind this, "Anime is for Gay People" saying is...
Is this just an opion of some folk, or is this really true. I just want to know.
"May the Strong become Stronger, and the Weak to become Weaker..."

RanmaChan

People fear and despise what they don't understand.  Anime is odd for some, its in a different language, often filled with things that are taboo or subjects that are off limits in other places.  This works with all people, in all things.

I just look at EroticDuck or whatever as an example.  They make a thread about gay pride, and ask for no trolls and flaming, then they go into anime threads and call everyone losers and weirdos for enjoying anime.  Its hypocritical.

Look at the bible belt, or other really religious places and people, they say they hate homosexuals and such, then ask that no one insult or put a light on their religion.  Hypocrisy.

Anime is not for "gay" people, it is for people who have different interests and different likes.

"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Silver Knight

Anime is not for gay people... Saying that basically declares that near half the world is gay! (The fuck?) - Anime is very popular, alot of people grow up watching it (Pokemon, beyblade, yu gi oh - kids anime). Then you have everyone watching teen programs like naruto, bleach, deathnote.

Anime isn't gay and those who think it is need a reality check. Anime is still somwhat foreign to some people, hell i only started watching it when i got into college (Around 16) - 3 Years ago!

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Zombiehunta

I apologize, first of all, for being in a forum section I have no place in. I just wanted to see this. Calling it "gay" is odd. I do, however, hate it. From what I've seen of it, all it does is stress over-dramitization and insane, unrealistic action. This seems to further influence role-players to do as the "cool emo guy" does and be an awful character. This just adds to the amount of terrible influences for characters -hollywood, many action shooters, etc.- which is why I have grown to despise it. Perhaps there are some out there that don't follow either of these two rules. Regardless, it seems the ones that do are the influencial ones.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

RanmaChan

All depends on what kind of anime you watch.  Sure, some are way out there, with extremely over-dramatized characters, but others can be based around real life events, and be very moving.

If you dislike anime then you must also dislike Hollywood as well, because movies produced from North American and European countries do the exact same thing in many cases, to many characters, creating stereotypical bad-asses, or emo characters.  Books do the same thing.  It is no reason to hate anime or any of these things because some people allow it to influence their roleplay, all it means is that you should hate people who don't know how to roleplay or create balanced characters, lol.

Plunger

Quote from: RanmaChan on 12-04-2011
All depends on what kind of anime you watch.  Sure, some are way out there, with extremely over-dramatized characters, but others can be based around real life events, and be very moving.

If you dislike anime then you must also dislike Hollywood as well, because movies produced from North American and European countries do the exact same thing in many cases, to many characters, creating stereotypical bad-asses, or emo characters.  Books do the same thing.  It is no reason to hate anime or any of these things because some people allow it to influence their roleplay, all it means is that you should hate people who don't know how to roleplay or create balanced characters, lol.
What the fuck are you even talking about? Did you just say Anime, and Hollywood are basically the same?

RanmaChan

No, I responded to Zombiehunta's dislike of anime due to over-dramatisized characters and unrealistic action, with the fact the Hollywood does the same with their characters and action in some instances.  I then said that some anime is quite realistic and quite moving, this is the same for Hollywood as well in some instances.  I didn't say they are completely the same, just that some fields overlap as they are bound to in all things.

Recreas

Neither can I see the fun in Anime, it's just drawings set in motion...
But it's certainly not gay, because that would mean you could call anybody gay because he likes something you don't.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Ragolution

I can detract one thing from this discussion:

Harrison Ford is the best actor of all time.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Ragolution on 13-04-2011
I can detract one thing from this discussion:

Harrison Ford is the best actor of all time.

Yes he is.

As for anime most of it is over dramatized pieces of shit. Some of it is quite good, I thoroughly enjoyed Cowboy Bebop because it wasn't over dramatized magical 12 year olds wrecking shit. Ghost in the Shell is widely regarded as being an amazing science fiction movie despite being anime.

That being said 99% of the anime I have heard about is garbage.

gunslinger7

I wouldn't say anime is for everyone but there clearly is a large audience who enjoy it . Why consider them gay ? Im sure if everyone knew at your school or workplace that you sit at home an Rp on HGN servers you would gather a few haters who might throw the word "Gay" around but why ? Just because you do something that others dont find interesting . So i wouldnt hate on someone or someone's form of entertainment just because its different or bizarre to you . Just picture a world were everyone looked or did   the same damn thing day in an day out the world would be a pretty boring place .

lol im also picky when it comes to anime i can only watch certain series in short bursts .