Me trying to draw.

Started by Tom, 03-05-2012

Tom

This is a thread about things I've drawn over the past few days. Its mostly been characters I've RP'd with or characters that I've RP'd with (as in characters my characters interacted with, I wasn't sure how to better word that) and ended up doing a drawing of. A lot of it is rough looking/uncolored mostly cause I do these in the frame of 10 minutes to an hour. I may end up adding more to this later but I felt like sharing this. Hope you enjoy this a lot and leave critique if you want. Most of them however I already know whats wrong and may fix them. . . maybe not though.

Attempt at Joel/Forum Avatar/Apollo apparently
[spoiler]

This was a first attempt at drawing something in a few years. I was trying to draw Joel but some thought it looked like a bunch of my other characters such as Apollo. SO I just used it as my forum avatar. It was about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches tall and drawn on a graded math quiz of all things [/spoiler]

Apollo the Ranger/Gunslinger
[spoiler]

This is my Ranger on FORP as well as my main character on Exusia. Since I pretty much ported the Exusian character to FORP. [/spoiler]

Ares the Gunslinger
[spoiler]

This is one of Paintchecks Gunslingers from Exusia and his main character. As you can see the armor is pretty much the same as ranger armor, mainly cause I couldn't think of a better armor for gunslingers, and ranger armor is pretty badass. So yep. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]More to come soon[/spoiler]
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Kelse

I'm not one to personally draw Tom, but I can tell you it's very nice, much better than what I could've done.

the permaban queen.

gamerhead

Very good you should take some time with just one drawing like a month or so, I be it would turn out great.

Tom

Newest "complete" piece. I may color this later if I find the time/acquire coloring utensils. In case you are wondering its a tiefling character for a DnD. His name is Zakk.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Tom

PS I like practicing my drawing skills. If you don't mind me practicing using your character let me know in SF.
Oh boy.

Ragolution

Quote from: Tom on 07-05-2012
-snip-[/img]

Newest "complete" piece. I may color this later if I find the time/acquire coloring utensils. In case you are wondering its a tiefling character for a DnD. His name is Zakk.
Wait a minute...

You drew that for Paintcheck.

+1 Investigator Points

Tom

Quote from: Ragolution on 07-05-2012
Quote from: Tom on 07-05-2012
-snip-[/img]

Wait a minute...

You drew that for Paintcheck.

+1 Investigator Points

Yes. Yes I did.
Oh boy.

Silver Knight

Some fine work produced there. The makings of a concept artist =)

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

He also drew Aria for me but that's not posted yet because it's not done.

Syndraell

I try to draw every now and then, but I usually have to quit mid draw.
Other than that, I edit things.

I'm Also Responsible for the work on Kelse's Avatar.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Kelse

It's true, it started out as black and white and he added colors and stuff, It's really nice IMO.

the permaban queen.

Syndraell

Quote from: Kelse on 08-05-2012
It's true, it started out as black and white and he added colors and stuff, It's really nice IMO.

Still wish I could do more, though.

Khorn

Quote from: James Almasy on 09-05-2012

Not to go too far off topic. But, try shading.

Tom

Quote from: Khorn on 09-05-2012

I'm drawing a picture of my old freedomer Joel that is modeled off of what I use as my desktop backdrop, so it'll require shading. So... doing it to practice shading pretty much, lol.
Oh boy.

Plunger

Syndraell

Quote from: Khorn on 09-05-2012

I'll give that a try when i can, Also Clothes.

Tom

Figured I should update this.

One of Ares after the war in Exusia

Joel I think.
Oh boy.

Tom

Brown Eyed Girl
Oh boy.

Ragolution

No offense tom

But you need to work on your faces

The best way to do that is to try to draw a photograph

No, it will never come perfect but it'll teach your muscles and your brain to draw human curves.

Tom

Quote from: Ragolution on 03-09-2012
No offense tom

But you need to work on your faces

The best way to do that is to try to draw a photograph

No, it will never come perfect but it'll teach your muscles and your brain to draw human curves.

Yeah, I need to work on my drawing as a whole. The recent one was kinda quickly thrown together, a product of "Rushin' dat shit!"
Oh boy.

Bl★ck Star

To learn drawing, (if you work digitally) you can also start out with taking stock images of people and over draw the body and edit the hair, eyes, clothes etc. It gives you a good feeling how a Human body should look like when drawed and it helps with learning the anatomy.

This is one of my oldest pictures back when I had a graphic tablet and one of the only pictures I could do with it because it had serious problems with my pc ( anyways getting a new one soon) and for that Picture I used a Stock image of some guy sitting like that, I over drew the lines, added different clothing, added the book, hair etc. and I added the cat.

Silver Knight

Makes me want to buy a tablet every time i see someone with a drawing online.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Ragolution

Fuck you I use colored pencils

Bl★ck Star

FIrst drawing I ever did on a GT

ThY

Quote from: SilverKnight on 03-09-2012
Makes me want to buy a tablet every time i see someone with a drawing online.
Do so, I own one. Not only does it aid with drawing online, but also gives you better control over some photoshoppy things.