Dee's Display

Started by deluxulous, 30-12-2010

deluxulous

My artsy bullshit. Mine.

I really like using Photoshop, and I'm still getting better at it. A lot of these photo editing things are experimental, my firsts, etc. C&C still appreciated.

*just some placeholder shit for the OP*

A sig I made not too long ago. Experimenting with blending properties (glowing, etc.) and filters.

A background I made. I was experimenting with different brushes (Namely Calligraphy brushes)

Bucky

Nice, I like the Sobel Effect added to the signature (That is Sobel, right?). Again, nice job.

deluxulous

Quote from: Bucky on 30-12-2010
Nice, I like the Sobel Effect added to the signature (That is Sobel, right?). Again, nice job.
I have no idea what I did in there. I applied the blending option and that effect happened. Somehow I made the outlines stay but the inside of the renders became transparent.

Bucky

Indeed, I do believe that's Sobel, its the effect everything has in Borderlands.

deluxulous

"Prepare to Die" - An attempt at smoke, the smudge tool, editing blood, and using distortion. If I could change one thing about this picture, I would add a better shadow. ATM, it's just an in-game one. -- Reuploaded as JPG, holy shit that takes forever to load

Turkey

Quote from: PistolKid on 30-12-2010
"Prepare to Die" - An attempt at smoke, the smudge tool, editing blood, and using distortion. If I could change one thing about this picture, I would add a better shadow. ATM, it's just an in-game one. -- 2 MB -- Be Patient!

OH MY FUCKING GOD THATS AMAZING

deluxulous

Quote from: Turkey on 30-12-2010
srs? :D

Turkey

Quote from: PistolKid on 30-12-2010
srs? :D
VERY SRS. MAKE ME ONE PLOX! fallout laser blasting off heads of ghouls :D

deluxulous

VERY SRS. MAKE ME ONE PLOX! fallout laser blasting off heads of ghouls :D

Lasers look hard to make/edit. I'll try though.

deluxulous

I give you, babby's first lazor. (yes, the exit angle is off. yes, i do see it. yes, i care. no, i don't want to fix it now.)

Bucky

Make me one Pistol? Dunno, mono blind firing from behind cover with a gun? If its manageable. Thanks.

deluxulous

Quote from: Bucky on 30-12-2010
Make me one Pistol? Dunno, mono blind firing from behind cover with a gun? If its manageable. Thanks.
Should be simple enough. Gotta learn a good method of muzzleflashes, though.

deluxulous

Pose is done, buuuuut photoshopping the muzzleflash is proving to be a tough cookie. Hopefully I will find something that works.

Just put a filter on an in game muzzle flash, looks okay.

Bucky

Nice, looks amazing, thanks Pistol.

Sickness

Cool thread, keep doing a lot of these, and you'll be doing some good work.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

deluxulous

Any more requests? I could use a project.

Bucky

Here, I'll give ya' another one. You could do a Drill Sergeant instructing a group of Duty Soldiers...

Turkey

Quote from: Bucky on 03-01-2011
Here, I'll give ya' another one. You could do a Drill Sergeant instructing a group of Duty Soldiers...
No. Too gay. Scout sniper firing a sniper.

Like that, With smoke coming out the barrel and cartridge on the ground

Bucky

Quote from: Turkey on 03-01-2011

Wow, I love how you just shot my idea down... I'm quite certain he can do both Turk.

Turkey

Quote from: Turkey on 03-01-2011

Wow, I love how you just shot my idea down... I'm quite certain he can do both Turk.

NO NO NO NO NO! MINE.
Finding Nemo - Mine Mine Mine

Bielecki

You're definitely improving; I can see you have some skill in this.

However I suggest you experiment and practice with more important things like framing, burning, depth of field and of course camera angles. That's the key to make some truly impressive pictures.

Solidus

Pssst, do the same with the "Prepare to Die" except have it in execution style.

As example, the gun to the back of the Stalker's head, the bullet zipping in front of his skull, bright muzzle flash, etc.

If possible, 1920x1080. If that's possible, it'll be my new desktop BG.

deluxulous

Quote from: Bielecki on 04-01-2011
You're definitely improving; I can see you have some skill in this.

However I suggest you experiment and practice with more important things like framing, burning, depth of field and of course camera angles. That's the key to make some truly impressive pictures.

Thank you. I'll take this into consideration - I use depth of field a lot but it's mostly in game. I haven't tried any framing yet, so I guess that'll be something to work on. Thanks, again!

Quote from: Solidus on 04-01-2011
Pssst, do the same with the "Prepare to Die" except have it in execution style.

As example, the gun to the back of the Stalker's head, the bullet zipping in front of his skull, bright muzzle flash, etc.

If possible, 1920x1080. If that's possible, it'll be my new desktop BG.

Quotemuzzleflash

*trembles*

Solidus

Do something with this:

Perhaps spewing blood, bloody screen, motion blur, etc. I tried it out and it came out well, but the brushes didn't seem to work for some reason.

Solidus

Here's my utterly failed attempt to work in Photoshop.

You are free to laugh.