Wookiees | ACCEPTED & WIP

Started by Das_Uberman, 01-05-2011

Das_Uberman

Wookies
The Wookiees, whose name for themselves translated to the People of the Trees, were a species of hairy bipedal humanoids that were inhabitants of the planet Kashyyyk.

A group of wookiees.

Biology and Appearance
The Wookiees' natural habitat was the dense forests of the planet Kashyyyk (though one source does contend that they were immigrants to this planet). Kashyyyk was covered with massive wroshyr trees, in which the Wookiees constructed their homes and cities. Reportedly, Wookiees were descended from tree-climbing mammals.

They had the ability to easily learn most languages. However, Wookiees lacked the vocal structure to speak anything other than their own languages.

Adult Wookiees were tall, in excess of two meters in height, and were covered with a uniform, mid-length coat of thick hair in various shades of brown. Although albino Wookiees were rare, they were not unheard of. However, such a birth was generally held to be a bad omen, as white hair did not blend in with the earth-tones of their forest surroundings.

Young Wookiees (pups) were large at birth (averaging slightly less than one meter). Wookiees possessed vicious-looking retractable claws for climbing. Female Wookiees had six breasts and gave birth to live-born young, with their gestation period nearly a year long. After birth, a Wookiee grew very fast, fully conscious and able to walk unassisted within one standard year. The average lifespan of Wookiees was around 600 years. In spite of their bestial appearance, Wookiees were highly intelligent and had mastered advanced technology, including hyperspace travel. Wookiees also possessed exceptional skill in mechanical repair. An old saying was "Give a Wookiee a knife and send him into a forest in the morning, and by evening he would have carved you a table to eat dinner on - and a house to put it in."

Wookiees were often short-tempered. When Chewbacca complained about a move in a game of dejarik that R2-D2 had made during their initial trip to Alderaan, Han Solo told C-3PO that it was not a good idea to upset a Wookiee—because an upset Wookiee would tear a person's arms out of their sockets. Despite their temper and great strength, Wookiees were usually gentle and affectionate with their friends and family. Wookiees were also among the variety of species that could develop asthma.

Society and Culture
One of the most well-known Wookiee traditions was the life debt. When a Wookiee's life was saved by someone else, even a non-Wookiee, they would frequently devote themselves to a lifetime of service to their savior and their family. Chewbacca's life debt to Han Solo, later extended to his family and his close friends, is one of the most famous examples of a Wookiee life debt.

The most common Wookiee language was Shyriiwook. While they were capable of understanding Basic, they were universally incapable of speaking it due to their unique vocal structure. Shyriiwook was a language which was hard to hear and understand for Humans, but one Wookiee, Ralrracheen, had a speech impediment that made it easier for non-Wookiees familiar with Shyriiwook to understand him.

Wookiees possessed a fierce style of fighting, typically eschewing standard blasters and grenades in favor of bladed weapons, such as ryyk blades, as with the Berserkers, and powerful bowcasters—weapons physically weaker species could not use effectively.

Their fierce fighting style served as the basis of the Deal-slang expression "wookinate" which referred to the rendering harmless an enemy using excessive force, obviously referring to the great physical strength that provided the essence of Wookiee combat.

Under the Wookiee code of honor, claws were never to be used in combat. A Wookiee who used his or her claws for combat would be labeled a "madclaw" and exiled. Around the age of twelve, young Wookiees underwent the coming-of-age Hrrtayyk ceremony.

A wookiee warrior dance.

History (The Short Version)
With the rise of the Galactic Empire, the Jedi were branded enemies of the Republic and hunted down by the New Order. The former Clone troopers, now known as stormtroopers, then took over Kashyyyk and placed it under martial law. In response, the Wookiees rebelled against their new oppressors.

At the advice of the Trandoshans, the Empire enslaved the Wookiees for their strength. Wookiee captives were used for countless Imperial projects including the Maw Installation and the Death Stars. However, because of their devotion to their homeworld, many Wookiees would evade the Imperial garrison to revisit their beloved forests for important Wookiee holidays, such as Life Day.

After the Battle of Endor, the Wookiees were liberated from slavery by the Alliance of Free Planets. The Nagai also attempted to enslave the species though they were repulsed by the New Republic. Sadly, the peace was short-lived. The Empire, having licked its wounds, quickly reestablished a presence on Kashyyyk and enslaved the Wookiees once more. Around 5 ABY Han Solo and Chewbacca assisted in inciting a revolution among the populace, helped in part by Lando Calrissian, Rogue Squadron, and Admiral Ackbar who took on Grand Admiral Peccati Syn in a pitched fleet-battle in the nearby Sumitra Sector.

Sometime during the New Republic Era, The Sith Lord X1 had created a force of Wookiee Clones that he used to fight X2 and the New Republic.

The Wookiees were represented by Kerrithrarr in the New Republic Senate and Kashyyyk became key signatory and member world of the Inner Council. The planet also welcomed trade and its city of Thikkiiana became a major exporter of computer technology.

Chewbacca, the famous wookiee sumggler.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookie

gamerhead

Oh My God! I am excited for this race, Silver MAKE ME A WOOKIE!!!

Madcombat

We all know what ThY will play as.

ThY

Quote from: Madcombat on 29-05-2012
We all know what ThY will play as.
I FUCKING LOVE WOOKIES.

HitMan5523

I hate wookies.
Just kidding! If this actually works, I'll try to play as a Wookie.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

RG4ORDR

I only see Wookies working as event characters. I mean they can't speak basic and we don't want to see everyone in the RP going around speaking Shyriiwook.
er

ThY

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 29-05-2012
I only see Wookies working as event characters. I mean they can't speak basic and we don't want to see everyone in the RP going around speaking Shyriiwook.
It depends on the skill of the roleplayer. I certainly can rp a wookie in a passive scenario

Recreas

Doesn't matter, look at Han and Chewie, wookies are able to communicate pretty well, besides they can be someones best friend and let the other guy to the talking. Right?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

gamerhead

You are correct that wookies cannot speak basic but, they understand it very well and just can't speak it due to their voice boxes being fucked up.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: gamerhead on 31-05-2012

You are correct that wookies cannot speak basic but, they understand it very well and just can't speak it due to their voice boxes being fucked up.
They have a different vocal structure, they're sorta like Gamoreans.
er

gamerhead

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 31-05-2012
Quote from: gamerhead on 31-05-2012

They have a different vocal structure, they're sorta like Gamoreans.

Exactly why they can be non event chars.