Miraluka | ACCEPTED & WIP

Started by Silver Knight, 01-05-2011

Silver Knight

Biology and appearance

The Miraluka were a humanoid species that differed from Humans in that they lacked eyes,only having empty eye sockets, and perceived the environment around them through Force Sight instead of regular vision. This vision was so strong that if a Miraluka looked upon a Jedi or Sith they could "see" Force radiating off them. They also possessed the ability to make an illusion to make it seem like they had eyes. The strength of a Miraluka's connection to the Force varied by individual.

Miraluka, as Near-Humans, could interbreed with baseline humanity. Humans with Miraluka blood included Krynda and Lucien Draay. It was said that such mating would result in unknown difficulties for the offspring.

History

Their adopted homeworld was Alpheridies, a planet the Miraluka migrated to when their original homeworld was rendered uninhabitable. A colony world of the Miraluka named Katarr was stripped of all life by Sith Lord Darth Nihilus in approximately 3,952 BBY, during a Jedi convocation.

Society and culture

Miraluka were a thoughtful, cautious, and deliberative species. They had little interest in personal gain or glory. For social reasons, Miraluka hid their appearance by wearing a headband, a mask, or similar concealing headwear. In addition all Miraluka were very united by race. They called themselves "brothers" and were considered as members of a great family. As a Force-using species, Miraluka were often quite shocked if 'shown' life not connected to the Force. The Miraluka that lived on Katarr were strong enough that even they felt the Battle of Malachor V.

Many Miraluka worshipped two gods, Ashla and Bogan, through the philosophy of The Greater Force. They did not believe in Good or Evil, but were taught to accept both life and death.

Miraluka in the galaxy

Because of their connection to the Force, many Miraluka have been drawn to the Jedi Order. Miraluka Jedi fought in the Great Sith War, and helped shape the Jedi Order for centuries to come. In the waning days of the Galactic Republic, there were not only many Miraluka Jedi, but many Miraluka, unsuited to becoming full-fledged Jedi, who served the Order as teachers and administrators. Miraluka Sith were seemingly rare, as the species' own outlooks on life and the Force are largely incompatible with Sith teachings. However, as with all who felt the Force, a fall to darkness was possible with the Miraluka just as with any other species.

Amongst the notable Miraluka was Visas Marr, the only survivor of the Devastation of Katarr and the companion of the Jedi Exile. Other Miraluka were Shoaneb Culu, a Jedi Shadow, and the Dark Jedi Jerec, a member of the Inquisitorius.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Tom

Force user race?
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Das_Uberman

Awesome.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: Tom on 01-05-2011
Force user race?
Force Sensitive.They are entire race of it,but they technically SEE through the force unlike most races
er

Paintcheck

This seems like a bad idea if you are trying to keep Jedi/Sith limited.

I can see people choosing this race and going "I r super force sensitive fuck training I can read minds and sense shit so I can dodge everything"

GeneralGold

-SUPPORT

What paintcheck said
Henry Warlington|Ecologist|Active
'Sheperd'|Mercenary|Active
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

Turkey

Quote from: GeneralGold on 02-05-2011
     -SUPPORT

What paintcheck said

Good luck -supporting the community owners decision.

GeneralGold

True.. but I can see people powergaming with this race :/
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

Roy

They can see through the force and it sounds like someone will pull a daredevil here
"I Is blind all my other senses are super powered now

GeneralGold

If you seriously want this as a race, make it as a doner flag or something and actually have their senses super powered. But if it's going to be a regular race..
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

Paintcheck

Quote from: GeneralGold on 02-05-2011
If you seriously want this as a race, make it as a doner flag or something and actually have their senses super powered. But if it's going to be a regular race..

NO NO NO NO NO.

Do not give donators a license to power game. Donations should buy enhancements like cool sweps or armor or something. It should not be used to purchase the ability to powergame.

GeneralGold

Not powergaming, just a boost since they are only able to see through the force. They can't do

* GeneralGold heardz from ta wall ther whisperng cuz i blind
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

Paintcheck

But people are GOING to interpret this ability as that. Players will try their absolute HARDEST to skirt the rules and generally take advantage of any powers they think they have.

Das_Uberman

Quote from: Paintcheck on 02-05-2011
But people are GOING to interpret this ability as that. Players will try their absolute HARDEST to skirt the rules and generally take advantage of any powers they think they have.

Yeah, it'll be like this:
*Bounty Hunter takes aim at the back of the Mialuka through his sniper scope.
*Miraluka Senses this with his force sight and ducks behind cover
*Miraluka unholsters his pistol and takes aim, using his force sight to guide him.
*Bounty Hunter re-adjusts his scope and takes aim again.
*Miraluka Shoots the Bounty Hunter in the face.
**Dead

Or people using the "I can see you through the wall with my force sight." or saying they can see behind them. People will go around like they're invincible, even though they're technically blind.

Don't get me wrong, this is a cool race, I just think people will powergame to all hell with it.

Thanatos

It's a really cool race, maybe make it so that people have to apply for it, or if they show they can RP correctly with this race

Meanwhile outside of Leshiy's door.

Adam 'Sporadic' Dominika - Alive | Squirrel - Alive | Jordan Redmond - Alive | Njal - MIA | Bowie - MIA